• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacial

procrastination
^ this, also think of priority as a separate variable that, when its value is above 1, will ignore the opponent's speed and let the Pokemon with priority move first. Say the Quick Claw gives priority + 1. You won't gain priority if another Pokemon has the same value for priority and a higher speed, or a greater value for priority (like that granted by Extreme Speed).

I didn't know about negative priority moves though, that's interesting. I guess they'd lower the priority value by 1 (this is all conjecture, I'm not versed in how the mechanic actually works).

You forgot the / in your formatting

I know you already sorted your problem, but IF ANYONE EVER WANTS A TORCHIC SPEED BOOST OR NOT PLS ASK ME I HAVE LIKE OVER 100 they all have 5ivs (i have some 6iv ones too)

Also i was hoping someone here could help me. This has happened a few times and i can't figure out why.
I have Quick Claw on my steelix, and in battles over wi-fi, it activates and says that Steelix will move first because of it's quick claw, but then the other pokemon moves first anyway (even with a non-priority move). This is really annoying, does anyone have an explanation as to why this would happen?

I'd take a 6IV if you're offering, but I don't have much to trade in return.

Also it is possible that the text is misleading and Quick Claw only boosts Speed by a specific amount.

EDIT: Looked it up, it seems that Quick Claw only works 20% of the time and when it does work both moves have to have the same priority value.

Last edited:

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Quick Claw ignores speed, but not priority. The only reason it wouldn't work is if your opponent is using a priority move (which you said they're not) or if you're using a negative priority move such as Dragon Tail or Roar.

I didn't realise that Dragon Tail and Roar has minus priority, that is probably the problem. Thank you very much.

^ this, also think of priority as a separate variable that, when its value is above 1, will ignore the opponent's speed and let the Pokemon with priority move first. Say the Quick Claw gives priority + 1. You won't gain priority if another Pokemon has the same value for priority and a higher speed, or a greater value for priority (like that granted by Extreme Speed).

I didn't know about negative priority moves though, that's interesting. I guess they'd lower the priority value by 1 (this is all conjecture, I'm not versed in how the mechanic actually works).

You forgot the / in your formatting

I didn't know about negative priority moves either (except revenge i think). That was actually a really good explanation though thanks.

Thanks for the heads up on the formatting, i should check what i write more often, i suppose i was just too eager to get rid of my torchics.

I'd take a 6IV if you're offering, but I don't have much to trade in return.

Also it is possible that the text is misleading and Quick Claw only boosts Speed by a specific amount.

EDIT: Looked it up, it seems that Quick Claw only works 20% of the time and when it does work both moves have to have the same priority value.

I honestly don't mind what you give me in return, it can be nothing, but i am almost done with my pokedex so I do need some random pokemon.
I'm not sure i have a 6iv HA one, but there may be one in the two boxes of torchics whose ivs i never checked... If you still want to trade then just VM me and we can exchange FCs and arrange a time or something.

The text is quite misleading actually, it says that it allows the user to move first. However, I think that all the item descriptions on pokemon are deliberately vague.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Anyone see the trailer for the new Sun/Moon anime? Ash looks... a lot different.

I haven't seen the trailer, but I saw the poster and heard that he's going to be in school. Which, imo, is completely stupid. After 20 years of him traveling, taking on gym leaders, entering the pokemon leagues, having him go to school just seems like something completely new (maybe even a step backwards). People have been asking for a new main character and if the decision was to be made to have a student, then it would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce a new protagonist.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I haven't seen the trailer, but I saw the poster and heard that he's going to be in school. Which, imo, is completely stupid. After 20 years of him traveling, taking on gym leaders, entering the pokemon leagues, having him go to school just seems like something completely new (maybe even a step backwards). People have been asking for a new main character and if the decision was to be made to have a student, then it would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce a new protagonist.

Agreed; a new protagonist every generation is what they were going to do, but then they didn't for whatever reason.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Agreed; a new protagonist every generation is what they were going to do, but then they didn't for whatever reason.

Poor male protagonist Characters are being replaced by Ash such a shame. They could've at least used them as another character that entered the Regional League's, along with the rivaling characters.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Aaaand this week's Smogon giveaway is.... A Physically Flawless Female Lucario in a Quick Ball, with re-learnable egg moves Crunch, Agility, Bullet Punch, and Vacuum Wave! This has been your regularly scheduled SGPSA. (Smogon Giveaway Public Service Announcement)

Ascended Dialga

Aaaand this week's Smogon giveaway is.... A Physically Flawless Female Lucario in a Quick Ball, with re-learnable egg moves Crunch, Agility, Bullet Punch, and Vacuum Wave! This has been your regularly scheduled SGPSA. (Smogon Giveaway Public Service Announcement)

I got one! It'll be a lovely addition to my competitive roster. Does anyone else here use Lucario competitively? How do you prefer to use it?

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I got one! It'll be a lovely addition to my competitive roster. Does anyone else here use Lucario competitively? How do you prefer to use it?

SD sets are pretty great as a wincon and the Mega is decent in Ubers I think. I'd just look at Smogon for some ideas. Not sure what he goes well with though.

Nice question, lets see if we can find out what sets it can run!!

spotlight%20challenge_zps4gkzb7xp.png

448.png

Challenge Pokemon: Lucario
Challenge Rules:
1 - Keep the Spotlight Pokemon alive during the battle.
2 - Must use the Spotlight Pokemon for 3 turns total during the battle.
3 - Have the Spotlight Pokemon get at least 1 Kill.​

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
Spotlight Challenge Result Form
Nature & Ability: Adamant & Justified
Held Item: Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Moveset: Bulk Up / Bullet Punch / Drain Punch / Earthquake
Team Theme (Optional): Still Cynthia and Monogen (I just went ahead and used the same team)
Challenges Completed: All three
Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-441904022

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Excuse me while I vent about Smogon

They are currently suspect testing Hydreigon in UU. For those unaware, Salamence was banned recently from the tier. Prior to the Mence ban, there were only 3 dragons in the tier (not counting megas); Mence, Hydreigon and Goodra.

First off, I still have issue with Smogon doing suspect tests when in 2 months, they're gonna be suspect testing pokemon left and right.
Second, Sylveon, Florges and Gardevoir are all just checks to these dragons and actually feared them if people ran Flash Cannon, Iron Tail or Sludge Bomb/Wave. Honestly though, Goodra's Sludge Wave wasn't too threatening because it still took a lot of damage from Hyper Voice and Moonblast while holding an AV.
Third, Hydreigon can be one of the better wall breakers in a tier that has SO much bulk and features a lot of stall teams.

And that's my Smogon rant for this month

Spotlight Challenge Result Form
Nature & Ability: Timid/Steadfast
Held Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe
Moveset: Nasty Plot/Flash Cannon/Vacuum Wave/Dark Pulse
Team Theme (Optional): None
Challenges Completed: All three (Would have been 3 turns had opponent not forfeited on the last turn)
Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-442065593

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Announcements_zpsxx7f46ub.png

I am going to be downsizing various aspects of the guild, for several reasons:

1) I believe that some features within the guild (ie. the several different types of points, the myriad of shops, the countless Abilities, etc) are a bit confusing and, quite frankly, unnecessary.
2) It has become a daunting task for me to try and keep up with so many different features taking place within the guild all at once.
3) A simplified version of the guild will be easier for everyone to utilize and enjoy.

So I ask, is there any feature in particular you want to see stay in the guild (ie. Spotlight Challenge, Abilities, etc)?
Any feature that is not spoken up about will be removed.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl

1) I believe that some features within the guild (ie. the several different types of points, the myriad of shops, the countless Abilities, etc) are a bit confusing and, quite frankly, unnecessary.
2) It has become a daunting task for me to try and keep up with so many different features taking place within the guild all at once.
3) A simplified version of the guild will be easier for everyone to utilize and enjoy.

So I ask, is there any feature in particular you want to see stay in the guild (ie. Spotlight Challenge, Abilities, etc)?

Abilities, Join Avenue, something to the effect of Sacred Fire Points if applicable, and Spotlight Challenge should stay. Even though I've never reached abilities, but I need them. Eventually.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades

I'm not too up to date with a lot of the features going on, since there are too many and it's confusing. But since opinions are being taken I might as well put mine in as well.

Fist off, the spotlight challenge should stay, it's probably the most regular and popular within the guild, even though i don't do it myself. Also, as SerenadingCelebi said above the shops on Join avenue should stay as well as abilities (got to keep my golden truant ability).

Personally I think that Sacred Fire points should go and so should V-create points. Additionally the idea of having so many ranks in the war team is divisive and somewhat unnecessary. We should really just have 'members', 'substitutes' and a 'commander' as it's more simple. It also gets rid of the need for constantly exchanging your types of points for others, when i think that no one really cares that much (about war team rank, especially as the amount of wars we have is virtually 0).
As for Sacred Fire points, i understand the fact that they are rare and you only get it for doing certain tasks, but it would be easier if you just got more MP for doing those things. 1SP = 3MP/BP, so instead of getting 3SP for doing something you should just receive 9MP/BP, as it again removes the need for unnecessary currency exchanging.
I would also like to get rid of BP and only have 1 currency of points, but I appreciate that for the shops (join avenue) to work we need them so I guess I can tolerate it.

I have a question too: Can you trade MP for BP? If you can then you can use a hole in currency exchange system to get double the amount of BP from SP.

Finally, and I think i've mentioned this before but please can we stop using this red as it's physically painful to look at and its looks atrocious with the default green background. It's too bright and it makes message harder to read, making it more difficult to get your point across, and it just looks naff. I propose we use this red instead as it looks nicer and is easier to read.

All that said, let's just remember that guilt features are not what make a guild great. The quality and enjoyment of clan life is increased by having interesting discussions about pokemon news, the competitive metagame etc. While the whole of Serebii, as a forum, is made for that, what makes a guild different to an ordinary thread is the members who are loyal and know each other well. The guild should be a friendly place to discuss this kind of stuff in peace. This is something this guild has been seriously lacking, the member's abilities to discuss pokemon isn't that it used to be (or what it ever was in THT) so I think that's what we need to work on. No amount of guild features that involve individual participation can bring the guild together, we need to do things together or discuss, then hopefully the thread will become a bit more active.

imo the guild is too structured with too many arbitrary rules and restrictions and not enough battling/chatting etc. but maybe that's just me. I hope the thread becomes more active anyhow

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Finally, and I think i've mentioned this before but please can we stop using this red as it's physically painful to look at and its looks atrocious with the default green background. It's too bright and it makes message harder to read, making it more difficult to get your point across, and it just looks naff. I propose we use this red instead as it looks nicer and is easier to read.

That red isn't about being 100% readable, it's to make sure you notice it. Bright Red is used to get your attention.

All that said, let's just remember that guilt features are not what make a guild great. The quality and enjoyment of clan life is increased by having interesting discussions about pokemon news, the competitive metagame etc. While the whole of Serebii, as a forum, is made for that, what makes a guild different to an ordinary thread is the members who are loyal and know each other well. The guild should be a friendly place to discuss this kind of stuff in peace. This is something this guild has been seriously lacking, the member's abilities to discuss pokemon isn't that it used to be (or what it ever was in THT) so I think that's what we need to work on. No amount of guild features that involve individual participation can bring the guild together, we need to do things together or discuss, then hopefully the thread will become a bit more active.

imo the guild is too structured with too many arbitrary rules and restrictions and not enough battling/chatting etc. but maybe that's just me. I hope the thread becomes more active anyhow

You say a guild is about having discussions regarding pokemon, but those are minimal to non-existent. Prior to Sun/Moon being announced, it was pretty dead here. When they got announced activity picked up just a little, but not a lot. Now when we get information, some people want to talk about it and some want to avoid it so they can have a fresh experience so there's almost no conversation about anything. We're about to get a new game and there are usually 3 or 4 posts here at best. How do you get someone to discuss something they do not want to discuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.