• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

So 1991
I don't know what it is, but the people I know in person suddenly become intolerable when I see them on Facebook. I just can't take the sappy motivational graphics after a while. Not only that, but people also become hyper sensitive to even the mildest of criticism.

On my feed it's always stupid nerd image macros. Like ponies and science and dr who and ****.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
On my feed it's always stupid nerd image macros. Like ponies and science and dr who and ****.

Fortunately not too many ponies on my feed. If there were more, I think I would've had to kill someone by now.

But i'm curious, you say nerd like it's a bad thing. I think that might qualify as the pot calling the kettle black.

Zazie

So 1991
Fortunately not too many ponies on my feed. If there were more, I think I would've had to kill someone by now.

But i'm curious, you say nerd like it's a bad thing. I think that might qualify as the pot calling the kettle black.

I was referring more to the stupidity of of the marcos themselves, rather than the material they are referencing. (though I am not much of a fan of internet memes either)

As far as I am concerned being a "nerd" isn't really good or bad, it's just a social category I prefer not to relate to.

Zazie

So 1991
Said Zazie in his post on Serebii forums

Just because someone likes Pokemon doesn't mean they are into other stereotypically nerd interests, am smart, dislike social interaction or anything else of the sort. Some stranger off the street can think my interests are nerdy if they like, but that doesn't mean I have to embrace the label. I don't have to talk about a show I don't care about just because some relates it so something I do like.

Point is, I don't want to pigeonhole myself for the sake of fitting into a subculture.

And I use gender neutral pronouns not he.

so many unique signatures...just look at THAT^

It's not really unique, it's just a sprite taken from a video game.

It's a colloquialism. I don't have anything against Dr. Who. I have seen a few episodes and it was pretty cool, but I don't have any sort of investment in.

It's probably the most overrated television show in existence.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3

Gelatino95

Not a tool
It's probably the most overrated television show in existence.

It used to be really good but nowadays I agree with this statement.

Honestly I think they were going for mass appeal in season 5 and onward of the new series. I had never seen a whole lot of mainstream Doctor Who fans before then, as most of them were just quiet nerds and stuff. Now I see people wearing doctor who shirts and buttons and stuff all over the place. Whenever I try to use Sparknotes for English work, I see all this crap about "Are you are real DW fan??? Take our test to find out!!!" and "How well do you know Matt Smith?" and that's how I know something has changed.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
the only doctor who scenes i've seen had something to do with angels and it looked so cheap and was so poorly shot i have no inclination to see any other parts of it

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
moot i like your avatar

It used to be really good but nowadays I agree with this statement.

Honestly I think they were going for mass appeal in season 5 and onward of the new series. I had never seen a whole lot of mainstream Doctor Who fans before then, as most of them were just quiet nerds and stuff. Now I see people wearing doctor who shirts and buttons and stuff all over the place. Whenever I try to use Sparknotes for English work, I see all this crap about "Are you are real DW fan??? Take our test to find out!!!" and "How well do you know Matt Smith?" and that's how I know something has changed.

Many Doctor Who fans would probably watch Breaking Bad and complain about it being boring.

Apologies, I have a major beef with much/most British tv. Its universal average to shittiness being the beef.

Status
Not open for further replies.