• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
are you American? are you also fat? maybe you can be the one to help me!

i'm trying to budget for this trip i am making to the US of A and need to know how much i need to allocate for food. i will mostly be eating fast food. what is the average cost of a medium or large meal from the likes of mcdonalds, wendys, kfc, subway or burger king? if you know other chains that i could visit please let me know! i am hoping to spend less than $20 a day on food, is this realistic? thanks in advance :)

Zazie

So 1991
Honestly the whole "you have to play this game/watch this show" thing is really getting old.* I understand people can get excited about things they like, but it's a bit frustrating to constantly bombarded about how you need to watch X or play Y. It's like I can't talk about these things without someone giving some sort of sales pitch.

*I am targeting this message towards everyone in general, including myself.

i'm trying to budget for this trip i am making to the US of A and need to know how much i need to allocate for food. i will mostly be eating fast food. what is the average cost of a medium or large meal from the likes of mcdonalds, wendys, kfc, subway or burger king? if you know other chains that i could visit please let me know! i am hoping to spend less than $20 a day on food, is this realistic? thanks in advance :)

I often find order 2 hamburders fries and a drink from the dollar menu to be cheaper and just as filling as one of the value menus. (it does give you a bit less to drink, but you can always choose a bigger drink) But for 20 dollars a day you should be able to order pretty much whatever you want, since most value meals top out around 6 dollars. The only thing to really watch for is Taco Bell, depending on what you order prices can be either really cheap or more than plan on spending. (so you may want to do your math before ordering)

Last edited:

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
I often find order 2 hamburders fries and a drink from the dollar menu to be cheaper and just as filling as one of the value menus. (it does give you a bit less to drink, but you can always choose a bigger drink) But for 20 dollars a day you should be able to order pretty much whatever you want, since most value meals top out around 6 dollars. The only thing to really watch for is Taco Bell, depending on what you order prices can be either really cheap or more than plan on spending. (so you may want to do your math before ordering)

i don't do Mexican food, so that's not a concern. good to hear they mostly top out at $6 though, that's insanely cheap. still keen to hear more replies though

Jb

Tsun in the streets
The dollar menu at mickey d's is your best bet. Though they took the fries off the dollar menu so they cost a little more now. BK usually has some special sgoing on like buy a whopper and get a whopper jr free or something. Wendys is the most expensive ( meals ranging in the $10 area) but taste better and are more well made for the most part. Their fires suck though

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i have just learned of the existence of the baconator, so i will be doing that as soon as i come across a wendys. are they pretty common?

Zazie

So 1991
The triple Baconator has more than an entire days recommendation of fat in one sandwich. I don't think there is a fast food item that is more unhealthy. (and no the double down doesn't even come close, those actually aren't any more fattening than a whopper or big mac) It's probably not something to eat on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me

Thats limiting yourself there kinda lol, just to fast food?
you MIGHT be able to spend $20 dollars a day on food, maybe, but you probably won't be very full.
You're gonna have to splurge a little more if you want to eat decently.

It also depends on what area of the country you're visiting.

Thats limiting yourself there kinda lol, just to fast food?
you MIGHT be able to spend $20 dollars a day on food, maybe, but you probably won't be very full.
You're gonna have to splurge a little more if you want to eat decently.

It also depends on what area of the country you're visiting.

Ahaha. What. How much do you eat? I could live on that so easily it's almost untrue.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I think McDonald's is the cheapest and has the most variety for its dollar menu. Wendy's, IMO, has the best tasting food compared to McDonalds and Burger King.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Ahaha. What. How much do you eat? I could live on that so easily it's almost untrue.

If he's buying groceries or gong to fast food places, yeah, $20/day is enough. If he's going out to a decent restaurant, $20 might get him two meals. Might. Two meals might be enough or it might not. It really depends on where you go and what you eat.

Edit: Also seconding Kreis on the Wendy's thing. As far as fast food places, I'd pick Wendy's over McNasty and Burger King any day.

If he's buying groceries or gong to fast food places, yeah, $20/day is enough. If he's going out to a decent restaurant, $20 might get him two meals. Might. Two meals might be enough or it might not. It really depends on where you go and what you eat.

Edit: Also seconding Kreis on the Wendy's thing. As far as fast food places, I'd pick Wendy's over McNasty and Burger King any day.

The same Wendy's that happily sold its Japanese customers Foie Gras?

A human being can easily live on $20 a day. Anyone who says otherwise is lying or greedy.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I need more than 20$ to accommodate my luxurious lifestyle.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
The same Wendy's that happily sold its Japanese customers Foie Gras?

A human being can easily live on $20 a day. Anyone who says otherwise is lying or greedy.

I generally pick my fast food places based on how the food tastes. If I wanted to avoid going to companies that shit all over other people, I'd have to move out of the U.S.

It's not like he's asking how to survive on $20/day. He's just trying to budget accordingly. Cool your jets, Pat. Jfc

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Really? I like Burger King a lot better than McDonalds and Wendy.

I don't really eat a lot of fast food, but I definitely like Wendy's the best. I liked Burger King a lot but they've recently changed their chicken nugget recipe and they're basically exactly like McDonald's now. Very disappointed. Also, Wendy's has sea salt fries and they're kind of the bomb.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Really? I like Burger King a lot better than McDonalds and Wendy.

I like eating chicken sandwiches, and I find that Wendy's tastes the most like chicken. :u

Also, their fries are delish, only second best to 5 Guys Burgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.