• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
my old avatar was so hideous i almost threw up every time i looked at it. so i had to change.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
my old avatar was so hideous i almost threw up every time i looked at it. so i had to change.

I'm glad my avatars are disabled bc I don't think I could've managed talking to your everyday with that avatar.

(I saw it bc avatars still display in profile)

Vernikova

Champion
Had to ad-block those little bars and disable rep.

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
You can only disable the visibility of your rep.

I can still see it, though. Except I see your card as grey instead of green like before.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Good to know we can all see who backed out of the reputation program. That's not going to lead to people being jackasses or anything.

Then again, maybe I'm just saying that because it is this site.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
You can't really back out if you're still being repped. : p

So the grey card shows up for everyone, not just mods?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
It's my first time using the reputation, so all I know about it was from what Ellie and other older members told me about it.

The Admiral

Yeah. Is that unusual on other sites?

It's my first time using the reputation, so all I know about it was from what Ellie and other older members told me about it.

I think they also may have modified the reputation system since we last had it. Because I don't think there was a grey card for people who opted out last time or hid their reputation or whatever they did.

Also, the "card" used to be on the right.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
it was always a grey card. there is no other way to do it. like i said in the announcements, the only way to remove someone completely (and even then it's not really complete because you can still see others' reps) is to move them into a usergroup that has rep disabled, which i am not going to do for people who just don't want it because it takes wayyyyyy too long. it's only used for people who abuse the system.

it probably was on the right, i don't exactly remember, but vb4 moved around a ton of stuff so that's probably true.

The Admiral

Hm. I thought the grey card was the 0 marker? Maybe it was more of a black card.

I know it was on the right, right under post counts. (Speaking of, I remember when those were removed, too. Man, some people were ****ed.)

Kreis

Still Dirrty
All previous reps that people had when the system used to be on have now been deleted. That way everyone can start on equal footing.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
well i didn't delete the reps themselves, i just reset everyone to 10. however, it looks like the old ones went away if the person's account got deleted. i know i had rep from before because i had like 20something rep before i reset myself to 10, but no comments were there. most likely the person who gave them to me got pruned

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
im just a normal kid in class.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Neither have I. I joined when rep wasn't up and running anymore, so I don't know how it was back then. As a member, I think it would've been interesting. Now that I'm a mod, I'm pretty screwed for rep because I'll have people giving me neg rep just for being a mod. Lmao.

edit: Oh god, I am so dumb sometimes. I had my laptop sitting on my lap, but I was using my phone to reply to you, and was getting annoyed typing my response to you. It wasn't until I finished that I realized I could reply to you with my laptop, which already had the SPPF window open.

Phoopes

There it is.
Ha, this is kind of funny. Smogon just switched from vBulletin to XenForo and there's a like system now. Wasn't expecting a rep system on Serebii.

Status
Not open for further replies.