• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
So I just finished modifying my Thinkpad X220 for the moment. Now it has a 258 SSD, 10 GBs of Ram, and I bought a slim charger from Anker so I wouldn't have to lug around the big charger everywhere(it holds a charge for about 9 hours with light use maybe 6 on heavy use so it doesn't matter I'd think but just in case). Now I await for the Thinkpad Bluetooth Mouse and I should be ready for University classes.
Also cool rep is back lets see if it lasts longer this time.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
rep was interesting when the bodybuilding forums were the only major thing w/ it

dude, no matter what i google, i always end up there

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
it's the worst forum

(next to this one i guess)

John Madden

resident policy guy
i will say one thing: this is going to wind up being the best thing that could've ever happened to the debate forum

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
biglutz has already disabled his, the other worsts will probably follow that lead

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I think he said at one point that he was "playing the Devil's Advocate." Still not really easily believable.

John Madden

resident policy guy
you don't "play devil's advocate" for upwards of five years unless there's something very wrong with you

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
If anyone could take biglutz seriously after the 3D printers and guns argument I have some bad news for you.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i can still see how many points someone has dont worry ;) and if you go negative your rep comments don't affect other people's scores, so he cant neg anyone he doesnt like if it gets too low

Prelude

Prelude
seems like there's no benefit at all to having rep

applying for student loans and scholarships is tedious and seemingly pointless

Peter Quill

star-lord
I walked into my senior year being all "Oh hell yeah I'll apply for all the scholarships" but the majority of the applications bored me to tears so that didn't happen.

also hooray for rep

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i tried to apply for post grad stuff this morning but the master's degree i need wasn't listed :( will have to email the staff in the architecture school i guess

Kreis

Still Dirrty
seems like there's no benefit at all to having rep

applying for student loans and scholarships is tedious and seemingly pointless

Rep is basically for fun. No benefit to post count and user ranks either, but we have them so the members can enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.