• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly It's probably a bit better to commute to school if possible. It is really fun to live on campus, but it can double your tuition. Having a ****-ton more debt isn't exactly great, especially with all the issues of education costs these days.

I know on my campus there isn't even much of a social reason to live on campus. The place is dead on the weekends and a ton of people commute anyway.They are trying to be a more residential campus , but it doesn't help that it has booted out a lot of people who they promised housing. You can probably have the same amount of a social life without needing to pay the insane costs for housing.

So it also depends on the kind of school you go to. The divide between residential students and commuter studentscan effect how much of a social hit you take by living off campus, if any.

I'm curious, what campus do you go to? Is it like, a state university (like UCSD/UCLA) or a state college like humboldt or SFSU or a community college or??? Cause IDK it seems a lot of people usually stay on campus for the weekends where I'm at. That said, this school sounds like it has some fumbles and problems so I wouldn't be surprised people want a break from it.

Lots of advice by extroverts for extroverts. There's a whole 'nother way of relating to the world.

IMO it goes beyond that, a little. People should learn how to deal with people they don't necessarily like that will be near them for a long term basis.

Zazie

So 1991
I'm curious, what campus do you go to? Is it like, a state university (like UCSD/UCLA) or a state college like humboldt or SFSU or a community college or??? Cause IDK it seems a lot of people usually stay on campus for the weekends where I'm at. That said, this school sounds like it has some fumbles and problems so I wouldn't be surprised people want a break from it.

George Mason, around the DC area. It used to be primarily a commuter school but they have been trying to make it more residential. Their attempts have mostly had the effect of making freshman take up increasingly disproportionate numbers of on-campus students. It's a big state school, with lots of international and community college transfer students, so it's probably a bit atypical.

And now because I mentioned where I go to school, people I know might find me here. Not that I mind much. Hello people I may know irl!

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
My mom kept her name since she got promoted to another high position in her job right as she got married. She's been married for 18 years now, and she still keeps her maiden name.

How odd. I got promoted to another position right before I got married too. I think I'd rather be rid of my maiden name though... it brings back some crappy memories when I hear it lol.

George Mason, around the DC area. It used to be primarily a commuter school but they have been trying to make it more residential. Their attempts have mostly had the effect of making freshman take up increasingly disproportionate numbers of on-campus students. It's a big state school, with lots of international and community college transfer students, so it's probably a bit atypical.

And now because I mentioned where I go to school, people I know might find me here. Not that I mind much. Hello people I may know irl!

Yeah. A lot of schools I looked at have always been residential schools so they don't have this. Your school sounds like the awkward teenage years in terms of residency, but, it's okay. At least with the freshmen all in one place, they aren't in your grill anymore tbh. And, honestly, I wouldn't want to be in DC on the weekends. That's when the republican senators are out.

Also idk you but you sound pretty cool.

woot21

super noob
Got married. So really just changing my last name. But still, I have to pay for a new driver's license when I already got one back in January because it expired, I need a new card for SS, I need to notify all my banks, I need new credit/debit cards, new car registration, new title. It's crazy, but worth it. But I'm still going to whine because I am lazy and this is :effort:
Congratulations.

The confessions are mainly sad. I might have to confess something a bit more light hearted.

woot21 out dawgs

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
How odd. I got promoted to another position right before I got married too. I think I'd rather be rid of my maiden name though... it brings back some crappy memories when I hear it lol.

Ah. That,s understandable. I'm Chinese, so my mother's side of the family are full of pricks lol

Pansy :]

anustart
My high school had a confession page that was run by one of my friends, who let me look at everyone's confessions she hadn't posted not-anonymously. Unfortunately feelings were hurt even though she made a point not to post any that could have made someone feel bad. The school ended up getting the police involved and made announcements that whoever made it would be sent to juvie, which scared her enough to delete the page.

But it was awesome seeing everyone's secrets for a few days, I felt so powerful.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I have 3 in there, all of which are somewhat sad

anustart
I really liked the reaction .gifs with some of the earlier confessions, but I imagine it would have been difficult to keep up with once they started pouring in.

I was so sad when I logged on today and saw there was a confessions thread but there was a lock on it, because I just sort of figured it was up for a few days, went to **** and then was locked and I missed all of it.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Pansy :];16317954 said:
I really liked the reaction .gifs with some of the earlier confessions, but I imagine it would have been difficult to keep up with once they started pouring in.

I was so sad when I logged on today and saw there was a confessions thread but there was a lock on it, because I just sort of figured it was up for a few days, went to **** and then was locked and I missed all of it.

Yes, I liked the reaction gifs as well. Lots of love to Kreis for using Glee gifs.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Pansy you have to PM the mods with your confession in order for it to be posted

anustart
I've never been able to decide weather I really love or really hate glee.

Pansy you have to PM the mods with your confession in order for it to be posted
I know,it was just sort of a first glance thing. It makes alot more sense for it to be set up that way though, so I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking :/

Last edited:

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Understood, yeah first glances can lead to disappointment for no reason

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Pansy :];16317968 said:
I know,it was just sort of a first glance thing. It makes alot more sense for it to be set up that way though, so I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking :/

In your defense, though, a lot of really terrible threads around here get locked fast.

If it wasn't anonymous, it probably would get locked pretty quickly.

woot21

super noob
In your defense, though, a lot of really terrible threads around here get locked fast.

If it wasn't anonymous, it probably would get locked pretty quickly.
You weren't here for the puberty thread, were you? That thread stayed open way too long.

woot21 out dawgs

Status
Not open for further replies.