• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Holy crap, I completely forgot about contests. I used to love those, idk why. I'm pretty sure they were boring, but for some reason I enjoyed them. I think you also got a painting made of you if you won?

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I remember playing Sapphire. It was my first game. Well I did play older ones but they where borrowed. So when I played Sapphire I was sometimes playing it for 12 hours a day. I miss the Hoenn version of the Contests and the Secret Base too.

@Kreis: If your Pokémon wins the Master Contest, a painting will be made and also being showed at the museum. A pretty cool way to show off your Pokémon to the public. =D

Schade

Metallic Wonder
*Entering the conversation*

Yes! Them contests! I also liked them quite a lot, thuogh they were a bit lacking compared With the super contests. But I do agree, the Hoenn contests were incredibly entertaining
And I not only got one painting, but them all. I remember that being a huge achievement. lol

Hoenn had a lot of cool New features that I really enjoyed, seeing as I was about 12-13 when I first got Ruby

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I am still searching for Emerald for the storymode with both team Aqua and Magma, but allas, they don't sell it in the shops, and with Pokéhaters at home it will be hard to order it via Internet.

I even had the same Pokémon on two paintings once. Took me hours but I was so proud of my Mon. I had a great moveset for the Beauty Contest. Ninetails with Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Overheat and Fire Spin.

Aah, the memories.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I remember playing Sapphire. It was my first game. Well I did play older ones but they where borrowed. So when I played Sapphire I was sometimes playing it for 12 hours a day. I miss the Hoenn version of the Contests and the Secret Base too.

@Kreis: If your Pokémon wins the Master Contest, a painting will be made and also being showed at the museum. A pretty cool way to show off your Pokémon to the public. =D

I completely forgot about Secret Bases! I loved that part of the game. I think you could battle with people there somehow, but I forgot how that happened. The 3DS could easily expand on that, so that'll be interesting to see if 3rd gen is remade.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I thought that you had to exchanges data with an another player to encounter it in his/her Secret Base. I only forgot the specific name for the data-exchange.

LDSman

I miss the smiley/frowny faces in the trade rooms. How else do I tell a random person that I want the pokemon they just showed me?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Lmao. I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses that feature. :p

Profesco

gone gently
The 3DS could sculpt great things from the clay that is Hoenn. I hope they think they'd make more money from revisiting Hoenn than doing so would cost them. It would be especially fun to see Emerald's Battle Frontier after all the changes wrought since the 4th generation.

Also: Cat puns freak meowt. Seriously, I'm not kitten.

*barely suppressed laughter*

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Releasing a new Pokemon game is like printing money. I'm not sure how much convincing they'd really need.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Also: Cat puns freak meowt. Seriously, I'm not kitten.

*barely suppressed laughter*

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Profesco again."

I tried negging you. :(

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Stop it. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.