• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I honestly find it difficult to function if I don't get at least 8 hours of sleep. Luckily, my class schedule lets me do just that even if I go to sleep at midnight.

they brought that back!? *insert massive number of profanities* i need to get me summa dat!

Subway's decent, but I don't find myself eating there often. The fact that there's a Subway just across the street from campus does give me a nice option, though.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
i like how the subways near me just randomly changes their prices one day my sub would be 6.99, then it's 5.67 and stuff like that

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
i like how the subways near me just randomly changes their prices one day my sub would be 6.99, then it's 5.67 and stuff like that

That's probably because they have a different $5 footlong every month.

What really pissed me off was that they had all but a few of the footlong subs $5, and one of them was the one I wanted. Why exactly is Roast Beef a "Premium Sub" again?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
im mad about mcdicks

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I honestly find it difficult to function if I don't get at least 8 hours of sleep. Luckily, my class schedule lets me do just that even if I go to sleep at midnight.

Subway's decent, but I don't find myself eating there often. The fact that there's a Subway just across the street from campus does give me a nice option, though.

you're so lucky. there's one Subway about 15 minutes away via school bus, but the campus Subway is about 20 minutes. it's just so out of the way since i don't have any classes in that campus, not to mention they don't accept my meal plan #2broke4cash

Zazie

So 1991
The only time I was mad at fast food is one time at Taco Bell when they got my order wrong. I normally don't care about that since the people working their are probably busy and stressed and make mistakes like the rest of us. But that time was different, I ordered a shredded chicken burrito, but they gave me a Smothered shredded chicken burrito. It's twice as expensive and requires me to take out a fork and sit down to eat. WHich isn't good when you're already in a hurry. It's like the opposite reason I go to Taco Bell. Taco Bell is for cheap food that I can eat while walking or whatever. (though it can be really expensive if you're not careful)

Of course I didn't bother the workers or anything, because it's not their fault two menu items have a very similar name, but are very different in price/convenience.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Five hours of sleep is pretty solid.
6 Hours is my norm. Much more or less and I end up with a migraine.

The only time I was mad at fast food is one time at Taco Bell when they got my order wrong. I normally don't care about that since the people working their are probably busy and stressed and make mistakes like the rest of us. But that time was different, I ordered a shredded chicken burrito, but they gave me a Smothered shredded chicken burrito. It's twice as expensive and requires me to take out a fork and sit down to eat. WHich isn't good when you're already in a hurry. It's like the opposite reason I go to Taco Bell. Taco Bell is for cheap food that I can eat while walking or whatever. (though it can be really expensive if you're not careful)

Of course I didn't bother the workers or anything, because it's not their fault two menu items have a very similar name, but are very different in price/convenience.

I get seriously ticked with a lot of the fast food places where I live. If this has only happened to you once then that's awesome imo. I am not kidding when I say that McDonald's gets something with your order 90% of the time, and a lot of the other places are pretty bad as well, but not nearly as bad as McDonald's. So far, the one that seems to be doing the best is (Go figure) Taco Bell, but as your experience shows, they fail too sometimes.

Peter Quill

star-lord
as an ex-fast food worker I can honestly tell you that we do not care.

Like honestly if you yell at us all we're going to do is laugh about it later and call you a moron. My personal favorite complaint was "You screwed it up every single time", because there's no way in hell we did. We make mistakes but it doesn't happen as often as you think it does.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Yeah, I never go off at the workers, even if I am pissed. I will ask for my correct order though. My mom on the other hand...She gets angry XD
The only time I really wanted to go off (I didn't though) was when this girl (At McDonald's, go figure) spilled a large iced tea all over me when she was handing it to me through the drive through window. Thankfully it was non-sweetened, so it didn't leave anything behind on my suit.

Peter Quill

star-lord
Oh yeah like if you come up and say "You forgot so and so" nicely we'll be like "Oh sorry it's nbd let me fix that". I supervised right so I ended up having to take the brunt of a lot of angry customers "I wanna speak to your manager" even though it's like 9 at night. Why someone gets so mad over a sandwich or a drink is beyond me quite honestly. I make a point to apologize to fast food workers now if I see them have to deal with an irate customer.

Also kudos to Mr. Spock having a legitimate problem but not being a douche about it.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I mean the last time I was at McDonalds I ordered before this lady (We both had poutine) and the girl at the counter gave her the first poutine that was made instead of me but did I make a fuss? No. Why customers decide to act all entitled is beyond me.

Peter Quill

star-lord
Yeah it's new up here in Canada. A lot of fast food places serve poutine considering a lot of people enjoy it. McDicks is just late to the game.

and it's alright for a poutine I guess. Certainly not the best poutine, but it's sort of hard to screw up poutine so it still tastes good anyway.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
eh, my mom also does the thing about complaining about them getting your order wrong, but the thing is, she orders meals for the entire family in the drive thru instead of going inside. if youre ordering more than a couple items you should really go inside instead but she doesnt seem to get that. luckily shes never really rude about it and just checks our bags before we leave.

ugh i want fast food now. i hate you guys for making me want bad stuff :(

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Had to google it, but poutine doesn't look all that great to me, if images like those are anything to judge food by. That could be because just I ate a huge burrito, though. The local restaurants do offer a diverse selection of foods, so I'm sure I could find some if I really wanted to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.