• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Quill

star-lord
My list says 18.6 days but I'm willing to bet the majority of that was done when I was 13 (I watched Prince of Tennis and all the OVAs twice).

Also this was done since 2008 so I guess that's 6 years now?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I think I've been watching Chinese cartoons for about ten years now.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
the second shiny carbink i hatched is 31/31/31/31/25/31

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/WuXCcxi.gif[/img139]

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
the second shiny carbink i hatched is 31/31/31/31/25/31

[img139]http://i.imgur.com/WuXCcxi.gif[/img139]

That moment when you finally understand IV and what those numbers means. :|

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
i forgot jenny# existed
I'm gonna admit that jenny#s wasn't the one who started the clique business, I am pretty sure that was me getting PO'ed over a ban I got and thought it was uncalled for. Jenny just took it and ran with it I guess.

regarding anime, I don't see the appeal of it. I used to watch Naruto quite a bit in my early teenage years but that's about it. Pokemon would count too I guess but after the Hoenn series I dropped that too.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Anime is pretty wide to just trash all of it.

Then again, there area a pretty large amount of certain kinds of shows, because those are what sell, for some reason.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I didn't really get into anime until Toonami came back, and for the most part that's the only place I watch it on (maybe when I have more computer time I'll watch more online). My favorites so far are Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, and Space Dandy.

Abstinence Pistols

I only started watching anime really last year with Evangelion, so I can't really comment a lot, but as long as we're talking about anime in general I'll go on record as saying Redline is a pretty fantastic movie that you should see if you want really pretty visuals and a crazy amount of adrenaline packed into one movie.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Anime is pretty wide to just trash all of it.

Then again, there area a pretty large amount of certain kinds of shows, because those are what sell, for some reason.

Not that I'm trashing the entire genre, I really haven't found a show that perks my interest. Not going to go out of my way to look for one honestly.
There's a good and bad side to (mostly) everything.

LDSman

I'm watching Rin right now. It's ....a little disturbing at some points.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Not that I'm trashing the entire genre, I really haven't found a show that perks my interest. Not going to go out of my way to look for one honestly.
There's a good and bad side to (mostly) everything.

Yeah, I'm just saying that in general. I know that there's kind of a difference in your case.

I'm watching Rin right now. It's ....a little disturbing at some points.

I watched half of that a couple of years ago and never bothered to finish it. It was... jesus christ so ****ed up.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I'm not sure how many times I've recommended Utena on IRC but I will recommend it here too.

bloody watch Utena

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
On the topic of anime......
I do like anime, the animation that is, but have only found a few that actually have stories that I find interesting. For anyone who is just starting out, I would recommend: Grave of the Fireflies (Movie), Lucky Star (dubbed), Cyborg 009 (subbed). So there's my faves from each categeory XD
I would have said dubbed for Cyborg 009 too, but only season 1 has all of the episodes dubbed available online.

Status
Not open for further replies.