• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I will say though, that the slow battle pacing was god awful and made nuzlocking a drag.

I'm glad Platinum fixed the problems with DP. Got my first serious attempt at a Nuzlocke done on that game too. Cynthia was actually a pretty simple battle for a Nuzlocke despite the hype she gets for being a good Champion.

Multiple difficulties needs to come back badly, the AI is way too easy now to the point where you can just breeze through the games with little challenge. And it needs to be available from the start.

I'm not overly upset with the game's low difficulty in and of itself, if only because it's easy to steamroll any Pokemon game without much effort (even an underleveled champion battle is typically an easy sweep with stat-up moves). Aside from B2/W2 Challenge Mode, but that's not that much better. That said, I agree that we should have multiple difficulties again, if only to see things like Scarf Chandelure and Energy Ball Joltik again. And the level boosts for easier level grinding post-game.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Geez, I should've downloaded Flappy Bird on my phone after all. Then I could turn around and sell my phone for 100k....I wonder if someone will actually be dumb enough to buy that Iphone.....You can't fix stupid.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
aint nobody ****in with my clique clique clique clique clique

aint nobody fresher than my motha****in clique clique clique clique clique

as i look around they dont do it like my clique clique clique clique clique

and all these bad *****es man they want my dick

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
You are now watching the throne!
Don't let me into my zone!
Don't let me into my zone!
I'm definitely in my zone zone zone zone zone...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth.

And you call yourself a mod.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Multiple difficulties needs to come back badly, the AI is way too easy now to the point where you can just breeze through the games with little challenge. And it needs to be available from the start.

I'm also sick of the region design being incredibly simplistic and railroading you down one path the entire game, that's really boring.

Yes, I'm surprised at the amount of people who dislike Sinnoh, I thought I was alone. I mean it had it's moments, mostly Cynthia and that's it.

I've stated this before but I just genuinely disliked X and Y, I love how people bash the fifth gen for it's linearity and lack of a proper post game but come on this is much worse. The game was extremely simple and easy, I felt that instead of Mega Evolutions they could have spent that time making new Pokemon or giving actual evolutions to Pokemon that actually needed them. I'm gonna be honest and say that this game felt like it was Fan Service and nothing more, Mega Evolutions, they gave Charizard a secondary dragon typing via one of it's Mega Evolutions, all thre Kanto starters are available, the fact that it's way easier to get shiny Pokemon now. I mean they made great strides in terms of the online and the graphics but that's about it. And it's essentially the plot of the Sinnoh games with slight differences. Cyrus wanted to use a Legendary Pokemon to destroy the current galaxy and make a new one. Lysandre wanted to use a Legendary Pokemon to kill everyone and destroy the planet to make a new beautiful world.

I didn't hate the game, I still played it but I feel it's the most flawed Pokemon game in the series.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i dont kiss my mom i kiss boys' mouths and *****

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member

I think it's cool that a mod listens to Big Sean lol! Yes I like certain hip hop.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yes, I'm surprised at the amount of people who dislike Sinnoh, I thought I was alone. I mean it had it's moments, mostly Cynthia and that's it.

I've stated this before but I just genuinely disliked X and Y, I love how people bash the fifth gen for it's linearity and lack of a proper post game but come on this is much worse. The game was extremely simple and easy, I felt that instead of Mega Evolutions they could have spent that time making new Pokemon or giving actual evolutions to Pokemon that actually needed them. I'm gonna be honest and say that this game felt like it was Fan Service and nothing more, Mega Evolutions, they gave Charizard a secondary dragon typing via one of it's Mega Evolutions, all thre Kanto starters are available, the fact that it's way easier to get shiny Pokemon now. I mean they made great strides in terms of the online and the graphics but that's about it. And it's essentially the plot of the Sinnoh games with slight differences. Cyrus wanted to use a Legendary Pokemon to destroy the current galaxy and make a new one. Lysandre wanted to use a Legendary Pokemon to kill everyone and destroy the planet to make a new beautiful world.

I didn't hate the game, I still played it but I feel it's the most flawed Pokemon game in the series.

I've never heard people bash 5th gen for the lack of post game (except BW1 I guess, but BW1 was basically par for the course for a beginning of generation game).

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I've never heard people bash 5th gen for the lack of post game (except BW1 I guess, but BW1 was basically par for the course for a beginning of generation game).

Yes they have, I forgot his username but this one guy would always bash Black and White/Black 2 & White 2 for their "lack of post game content".

I'm aware that Black and White were lacking in the post game department but not to the degree of X and Y.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
actually im supreme overlord in chief

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
who can ban you? yeah that's right.

btw you should get on irc