• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Welp the giant snow storm here has made sure I have no school today.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
So when you say browsing sections.. You mean at a physical store? ;o

when you purchase music digitally, you purchase COMMUNISM

(no but seriously, i greatly prefer physical releases. also **** itunes-exclusive bonus tracks.)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
You know you're from Michigan when its 26 degrees and it feels like spring outside.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
You know you're from Michigan when its 26 degrees and it feels like spring outside.
Agreed.
Also having things is nice.
Yeah, I hate it when you have option to get a physical copy or a digital one, but the digital one is significantly cheaper. Like the manga I just got yesterday, to but it digital: $4.99, Physical copy: $22.50....I really wanted the physical copy, but I just don't feel like dropping that kind of cash XD

I called out of work today. My manager is delusional. I told him "the state just said for everyone to stay off the roads.. so I think that kinda rules out coming to work, and it must be pretty bad out." And he's like "well we're here.. doing stuff so you should be able to make it in too." And I'm all "yeah no." -_- really? People are sliding all over the place. Was not going out in that weather just for a few crazies who need a t-shirt in a snowstorm.

Anyways, how has everyone been.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Agreed.

Yeah, I hate it when you have option to get a physical copy or a digital one, but the digital one is significantly cheaper. Like the manga I just got yesterday, to but it digital: $4.99, Physical copy: $22.50....I really wanted the physical copy, but I just don't feel like dropping that kind of cash XD
There's really no point in buying manga physically unless you're doing for collection. Most manga wont be completed over here so it's a waste usually.

tbh, I won't pay for anything i can easily get online for free through reasonable means
I called out of work today. My manager is delusional. I told him "the state just said for everyone to stay off the roads.. so I think that kinda rules out coming to work, and it must be pretty bad out." And he's like "well we're here.. doing stuff so you should be able to make it in too." And I'm all "yeah no." -_- really? People are sliding all over the place. Was not going out in that weather just for a few crazies who need a t-shirt in a snowstorm.

Anyways, how has everyone been.

I job pulled this once. "Well, I got to work fine"

Yeah, well you're on salary making more than anyone else in the building.

Zazie

So 1991
I prefer physical music because most online music retailers only offers **** lossy compressed stuff.

I buy physical music because used CDs are dirt cheap. I also like be able to play stuff while I am driving. Messing around with a mp3 player while driving isn't a great idea. On the other hand my CD tower is huge and collects a ton of dust. So I don't mind digital versions either.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Sometimes. Sometimes I'll browse genres online loking for stuff. I like having a physical copy of the music.
Oh. Well, that's okay I guess. xD

when you purchase music digitally, you purchase COMMUNISM

(no but seriously, i greatly prefer physical releases. also **** itunes-exclusive bonus tracks.)
Totally agree haha. When I can I'll purchase the CD on Amazon.

I prefer physical music because most online music retailers only offers **** lossy compressed stuff.

Having things is very nice. Pretty much never buy digital when there's a physical alternative (re: Nintendo DLC). But yeah, you guys are seriously too honest about this retailer stuff. ;< Anyone heard of torrents..??

Last edited:

Atari

Did it on 'em
I mean, I do like to support artists, but generally I do so by purchasing concert tickets and memorabilia and stuff. Most of the music I listen to is Japanese tho, so it's very hard to keep up with the scene there and pay like $50 for a single CD. T ^T

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't listen to too many artist so I don't really have to worry about supporting them. My of downloads are OST's and such.

usually when I like a song by an artist, I'll just get torrent/dl/w,e the song itself. I simply can't justify paying like $3 for a song I can listen to on Youtube for free.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I'm borrowing my friend's Mac (I'm Team HP) and I'm trying to post by using the shortcut alt + S but this Apple crap keeps doing a "ß" when I do that. Also, does this thing even have an End button???

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Most of the music I listen to is Japanese tho, so it's very hard to keep up with the scene there and pay like $50 for a single CD. T ^T

Doesn't stop me, you just gotta do it.

My of downloads are OST's and such.

These are the people that need your money the most.

I'm borrowing my friend's Mac (I'm Team HP) and I'm trying to post by using the shortcut alt + S but this Apple crap keeps doing a "ß" when I do that. Also, does this thing even have an End button???

Use the Command key instead of Alt.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Use the Command key instead of Alt.

Hmm let's see... nope, I think it's asking me to save this page, which I don't think my friend would want.

Zazie

So 1991
I mean, I do like to support artists, but generally I do so by purchasing concert tickets and memorabilia and stuff. Most of the music I listen to is Japanese tho, so it's very hard to keep up with the scene there and pay like $50 for a single CD. T ^T

$50 bucks is paying too much. People in Japan don't pay that much, it's a lot closer to $30. I don't recommend purchasing off amazon either, since besides higher prices there's quite a few bootlegs on there.

Japan's got some real business consumer issues, which is why CDs are so expensive. It's generally not a good thing for the typical Japanese consumer, nor does any more of it go to the artists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.