• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
K1LL3RxP0P7aRt said:
Corns always intresting.

Corn is a plant.

Plants are not interesting.

Therefore, corn is not interesting.

pirate555

Word.
Corn is a plant.

Sensitive plants (mimosa) are interesting. I poke them continuously and watch their leaves curl up. My life is a riot.

In other news, I don't think I'll ever get a good night's sleep ever again. And it has nothing to do with an obsession over mimosas.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Corn...the staple part of the american diet. Most stuff has at least one ingredient that relates to corn...our favorite here is high fructose corn syrup.

Mmmm...buttered corn...

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Corn is a plant.

please explain that to Nebraska

In other news, my roommate had a girl over tonight and she made all eight of us dinner. We realized if each of us got a girl to make dinner for the group on a monthly basis, we could get eight free meals a month (+leftovers). Not to mention we can also ask more than one girl per dude...

Phoopes

There it is.
I haven't tasted a bad recipe for corn yet. My favorite though would have to be grilled corn on the cob slathered in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Yum.

Profesco

gone gently
I had to write a paper on corn my freshman year of college.

That's an unusual topic. What exactly did you have to say about it?

Anyway, even ten years ago Robin Williams was too old to bleach his hair. I wonder what he was thinking.

Phoopes

There it is.
@Kairne: Welcome to the General Chat Thread- Where trolls abound, alcoholic beverages are consumed, and the permanent topic of conversation is "nothing."

On "topic:" Once for standardized state testing, I had to read an article about the history of the Philly Cheesesteak, then write a 5 paragraph essay on it explaining "its importance in the world today." W.T.F.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
That's an unusual topic. What exactly did you have to say about it?

It was for an English class, where the whole semester we focused on a book called The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. I'd tell you if it was a good book or not, but I only read the first chapter. A good portion of the beginning of the book talks about corn. How it's produced, how farmers are screwed over by corporations, how it's in pretty much everything, etc. Basically, the paper was about "Quantity vs. Quality." There's a lot of corn being grown, mostly for feedlots, making it pretty much worthless. Farmers have to grow more corn with genetically modified organism, etc. As someone who has lived around corn and small-scale farmers her whole life, it was exceedingly boring. I did get to write a research paper about the use of hormones and antibiotics in the livestock industry later in the semester, which was much more interesting to me. I actually kind of had fun with that one even though I stayed up until 5:30am writing the first draft.

Pansy :]

anustart
Its snowing :D
I'm seriously so ****ing excited! Although if it gets too bad I won't be able to take my brother shopping tomorrow :(
But either way!!!! Snow! :D

Spookz

Lumos
I've been lucky in that most of the papers I've written have all been about topics I really enjoyed since we choose.. which usually ended up in me being a massive theatre nerd, or pushing other people's buttons. Sophomore year of high school, my big research paper was done on LeVeyan Satanism.. my teacher was not too thrilled. Pretty sure she docked me a ton of points only because she was appalled.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
The biggest essay project I had to was on World War II. 17 pages, 250 note cards with facts, all work cited.. plus a Power Point. That was during my Juinor year of High School. It was a good feeling getting a 94 on it though.

Man I hate work cited stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.