• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profesco

gone gently
Jb#s, your username is so brief now it's like you don't even have one.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I don't know. I rather like flashy gifs and don't really care that much how big they are. I just jumped on the bandwagon myself. They are pretty much sppf's replacement for custom avatars. I was just pointing out a trend and noting its effects. I am not the signature police.

But yours is pretty worthy. If I weren't the ******* with the rotating sig/most of the GIFs I wanted to use weren't too big, I'd have a GIF in my sig, too.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Jb#s, your username is so brief now it's like you don't even have one.

Dude I know. People also asking me when am I going to get a new Espeon avatar lol.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Having ribs for dinner

my family is having a little party here before my pops goes away again tomorrow.

You're lucky. All I'm having for dinner is beef ramen. :p

Where's your dad going?

Aegon

Last edited:

Zazie

So 1991
I am confirmed for butthat.

EDIT: Wait, what? My signature... 'tis dead. How the hell am I supposed to tell if something is over 500 KB?

There are two easy ways. You can search on google images, when you click on the picture the sidebar will tell you the dimensions and data size of the image. Or you can save the image on your computer and hover the mouse over the file, and it will tell you the size of the image.

Apparently, this discussion on gif's haws inspired some sort of signature crackdown by the mods.

Last edited:

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
There are two easy ways. You can search on google images, when you click on the picture the sidebar will tell you the dimensions and data size of the image. Or you can save the image on your computer and hover the mouse over the file, and it will tell you the size of the image.

Also, you can right click in firefox and "view image info". Pretty sure there is an equivalent in IE or Chrome or Opera or whatever you use.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Also, you can right click in firefox and "view image info". Pretty sure there is an equivalent in IE or Chrome or Opera or whatever you use.

Chrome doesn't have that, not really. To my knowledge, "inspect element" doesn't let you look at the image's size, or if it does, it's heavily obscured. Also opening the image in a new tab DOESN'T put the filesize in the tab title, which I think Firefox does.

Then again, it seems like Google are becoming shittier and shittier as time passes.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Attn: Grizzly B.
Link.

HOLY **** FINALLY. THIS IS AMAZING AAAAAAAAAAA

OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE BEST NEWS OF THE YEAR. Seriously. I wonder what it'll sound like (besides kickass), but I guess it doesn't really matter that much, since despite how different they all are, most of his albums are pretty much equally awesome.

CAN'T WAIT

I figure you ought to fix that. Unless they're all, like, Machine Messiah or longer, that's not enough of your life you're diverting to this!

Seconded. Though hypothetically, if it were a sample of random prog songs, it'd probably be more (and better) music than most artists' entire catalogs.

As long as I like how it sounds, I don't really care how niche it is. Suggest away.

So, choosing about a dozen bands that give a relatively diverse sample of different styles of old music isn't that hard. Saying that you should try just one of their songs, though, really truly is (at least when trying to avoid songs which most people have heard before). So I didn't:

Boston - "Peace of Mind" or "Something About You"
Byrds - "Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is a Season)" or "My Back Pages"
Doors - "Peace Frog" or "Love Her Madly"
Eagles - "One of These Nights" or "Take It Easy"
Fleetwood Mac - "Don't Stop" or "Go Your own Way"
Kansas - "A Glimpse of Home" or "Miracles Out of Nowhere"
Led Zeppelin - "Over the Hills and Far Away" or, if you have ten minutes to spare, you have to hear "Achilles Last Stand" sometime before you die
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Saturday Night Special" or "Tuesday's Gone"
Pink Floyd - "Wish You Were Here" or "Time" (or "Money" if you're one of those people)
Tom Petty - "Walls" or "Mary Jane's Last Dance"
Traffic - "Paper Sun" or "Dear Mr. Fantasy"
Who - "Love Reign o'er Me" or "Won't Get Fooled Again"
Zombies - "Time of the Season" or "She's Not There"

And I was going to give YouTube links, but then I realized that I already spent too much effort on this. Eh. Oh, and as for anybody else: if you don't know every song on this list offhand, you'd better stop and reevaluate how your life brought you to this point (immediately after listening to everything here, of course).

The Yu-Gi-Oh Anime is alright since at least they change the storyline once in a while unlike pokemon

ZEXAL is, shockingly, mostly acceptable.

my signature > your signature

Signature of the year right there, for sure.

You guys suck at gifs.
[img139]http://i50.*******.com/r2g3.gif[/img139]

Remember when being white was a good thing?

... yeah, me neither.

Oh, and I've got the sweetest and flashiest gif ever in my sig. FORREAL

Status
Not open for further replies.