• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zibdas

not bad
I hate tea, water, and coffee.
There's never anything to drink because of it.

Fatal

Banned
So there is a girl at my work office who likes changing my computer's desktop background to kitties/puppies/cute things while I'm on break. And then people keep saying 'wow nice background' when I get back. Tomorrow I plan on making her background a big tarantula, since she is afraid of spiders. It will be glorious.

So there is a girl at my work office who likes changing my computer's desktop background to kitties/puppies/cute things while I'm on break. And then people keep saying 'wow nice background' when I get back. Tomorrow I plan on making her background a big tarantula, since she is afraid of spiders. It will be glorious.

I wanna hear what happens when you do.

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
I just finished Reading That Fanfic A Day In May,Now that my brain is no longer full of ****,whats new?

Girls are so loveable and adorable, I love girls so much!!! Especially the girl of my dreams, beautiful hair, a sexy face and body, and a beautiful voice....I wish I can kiss her now...

P.S I'm a boy :) So, yeah.

kochoupink

butts lol

Sounds like she likes you.
Get it.

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
Someone was probably pointing a gun to his head.

Knife to the throat actually.
At least I didn't Read that Power Ranger Fanfic Agony in Pink.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Knife to the throat actually.
At least I didn't Read that Power Ranger Fanfic Agony in Pink.

True story: I cried reading that and had to stop. Only 2 fanfics have ever made me that upset: Agony in Pink and The Pokemon Story. Both are written by people who clearly really want to rape and torture women, and it really really disturbs me.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
True story: I cried reading that and had to stop. Only 2 fanfics have ever made me that upset: Agony in Pink and The Pokemon Story. Both are written by people who clearly really want to rape and torture women, and it really really disturbs me.

And for good reason.

/has not read either, and never will, but knows of them, which is badenov bad enough

Cenobitic I can't stop watching Ocelot and his magical 'stache in your sig make it stop.

So I'm applying to pretty much every graphic design job available in San Antonio right now. For the most part, they all seem pretty simple to do, and a few involve a lot of computer repair knowledge, so that'll be a plus for me. One, however, required that "Women wear dresses at all times, men always in a suit." I did not apply for that position.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
So, remember a few weeks ago when we were all like, "feminism in video games," and I was all like, "right alongside everything else it represents, it's holding back a potentially legitimate medium"?

You know what other medium's industry can't let it grow the fuck up despite having a great last decade in terms of recognition? Comic books.

For many, many reasons, but also because I just found out about the 28-issue Watchmen prequel DC is doing. Lots of Internet rage has already occurred over this, apparently, but I'm sure it'll still sell like hotcakes. Jesus Christ. It's not even nerd rage; it's like ... "understanding fiction" rage. I can't even think of an analogue for it. It's like Upton Sinclair's publisher waited a few years and then put out Before the Jungle: 200 Pages About a Time when Meatpacking Was Great and Cities Were Wholesome. But considerably more ridiculous and artistically offensive than that.

I mean, it's small potatoes. I'll just ignore and probably never think of them again, but Jesus, that's stupid, and so are the people who can't wait to buy them.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Does it have The Comedian raping women and everyone going "Oh that wacky guy."?

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Does it have The Comedian raping women and everyone going "Oh that wacky guy."?
I don't know. Probably. Who honestly gives a fuck about these characters outside of the self-contained po-mo farewell to the superhero genre they originated from? Or even in it?

It's not just that these books isn't just unnecessary; it's that they completely contradict their source work by even being published. That's why I said I can hardly think of another analogue or example in the entire realm of fiction. Probably because most things aren't published by comic-book companies.

“It’s our responsibility as publishers to find new ways to keep all of our characters relevant,” said DC Entertainment Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee in the company’s press release. “After twenty five years, the Watchmen are classic characters whose time has come for new stories to be told. We sought out the best writers and artists in the industry to build on the complex mythology of the original.”
Holy shit is that wrong.

Last edited:

Rave

Banned
I'm surprised a filthy fan-fiction actually got popular here, to the point where everyone actually read it and talked about it without me knowing. What else is this world coming to?

Well, tomorrow's July 4th. Anybody doing anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.