• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
Manitoba. Considering we're smack dab in the middle of Canada.. in the prairies.. it gets to an average of -35 to -45 with and without the windchill in December/January.

@pacifist ha, that's how it usually is here in october. there was no show this year during halloween! whoa!

HetaOni

Chesaught
Snow?I'm getting a nor'easter tomorrow.I hope I don't freaking loose power again. XD

Mister_SGG

Manitoba. Considering we're smack dab in the middle of Canada.. in the prairies.. it gets to an average of -35 to -45 with and without the windchill in December/January.

Ouch that's brutal. The coldest winter I've ever had was definitely warmer than minus forty.

Profesco

gone gently
And by interested I mean I'm anxious and feeling sick to my stomach.

Me too. That was the experience I had tonight walking in the door and being told Romney was ahead in whatever network's current count.

Everyone gets a preemptive dose of Ativan tomorrow to combat the stress related to all of the whining that will likely ensue on Wednesday?
No? Okay...

I'd be fine with that on two conditions: One, I get to choose who gets the Ativan, and two, I get to choose how much they get.

I'm glad you post here because we know a lot of the same things and it makes me feel smart.

I'd rather catch herpes.

You can do both. Dream big.

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
^ Ha.

Ouch that's brutal. The coldest winter I've ever had was definitely warmer than minus forty.
Yeah it's brutal. A few years ago we were getting up to -50 with the windchill. Like, what? School wasn't cancelled either. Had to be -45 before 8:00 but it was never that cold until after 8:00.
Luckily it was really mild last year. It was around -30 on average which was awesome. Not much wind either.

Yeah it's brutal. A few years ago we were getting up to -50 with the windchill. Like, what? School wasn't cancelled either. Had to be -45 before 8:00 but it was never that cold until after 8:00.
Luckily it was really mild last year. It was around -30 on average which was awesome. Not much wind either.

Manitoba, nice. But -50? That does sound brutal. I'm from Ontario and I remember some years the temp got around -47. And I remember saying, "Man, I wish school was cancelled" while freezing my butt off waiting for the city bus. Yeah, I look for any excuse to get out of school. :p But last winter here has been more mild as well.

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
Manitoba, nice. But -50? That does sound brutal. I'm from Ontario and I remember some years the temp got around -47. And I remember saying, "Man, I wish school was cancelled" while freezing my butt off waiting for the city bus. Yeah, I look for any excuse to get out of school. :p But last winter here has been more mild as well.
So brutal. :p
Lol, same! And weather THAT cold is definitely a good excuse! But I guess the school divisions disagreed. :l Dumb people. You get frostbite in under a minute in that weather. I had to wait for transit too, so awful. :/
I hope it's mild again for us this year lol.

I never have to shovel another driveway again, I'm excited. <3 Snow is just awful.

Lucky. I'm so not looking forward to shovelling...but sometimes our neighbour does it for us with his snow blower. And whenever he does, we always bake him pies. My mom is like, "I think we should call a company to clean our driveway this year. I think he needs a break". And I'm like, "Nah, as long as we bake him pies, we're covered".

So brutal. :p
Lol, same! And weather THAT cold is definitely a good excuse! But I guess the school divisions disagreed. :l Dumb people. You get frostbite in under a minute in that weather. I had to wait for transit too, so awful. :/
I hope it's mild again for us this year lol.

Yeah, I guess it is a good excuse lol. And waiting for the bus is the worst. Especially when it's snowing like crazy/freezing rain because then the bus goes super slow lol.

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
Yeah, I guess it is a good excuse lol. And waiting for the bus is the worst. Especially when it's snowing like crazy/freezing rain because then the bus goes super slow lol.
Ugh, that's the worst lol. I guess it's not as bad as driving though when the roads are totally slick with black ice. Or when idiots are purposely fishtailing, like, dangerous much?
I just hate winter. It shouldn't be a season unless it's mild.

As much as I hate the cold, deep down inside I love it, as cheesy as it sounds. It's like I have some sort of love-hate relationship with it. And I'm always saying I want to move more north and my friends are always like, "You're crazy!" Hey, my step-cousins live in the Yukon, so why not?

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
Oh dear, I would never want to move up north lol. Youz crazy bro!
Honestly, my friend who lives in NS (since it's right on the ocean/coast) says it gets to about -20 there in winter and they've got the awesome sticky snow. See, if all winters here were like that I totally would not mind winter. At all.

But when it's ridiculously cold and you can't function, well.... then it becomes a problem :p
Would you move up north for the snow?

Yeah I guess I'd like to move more north for the snow. I'm not too fond of the dry winters we get here. We do get sticky snow as well, but for the past years it seems like we're getting less of that and more dryness, if ya know what I mean. :p

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
Oh yeah. :p I like the sticky snow better, it's more fun! Snowballs, snowmen.. well that's all I can think of lol. Oh, tobogganing!
Any other snow just sucks lol.

Oh yeah. :p I like the sticky snow better, it's more fun! Snowballs, snowmen.. well that's all I can think of lol. Oh, tobogganing!
Any other snow just sucks lol.

Tobogganing's awesome. When I was at my grade school, instead of class, sometimes we would walk to a small hill near us and toboggan. Good times.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
hey guz did kony win da election?? KONY 2012

Kreis

Still Dirrty
[img200]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md2n6dLqqF1rfgfeyo1_500.gif[/img200]

I'm dying. lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.