• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Thought I might share this because its hilarious when you take candy away from babies. Or kids in this case lol.

Stealing Halloween candy from kids

I love the little boy who tells his mom he just wants her to be happy. It's adorable.

On the subject of reading BigLutz's arguments: I get a sense of sick amusement out of it.

Armando Payne

Flower Power is a great song, that is all.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Cipher you are a brave soul. I commend your efforts.

^

On the subject of reading BigLutz's arguments: I get a sense of sick amusement out of it.

I'll be honest, the Schadenfreude is strong with [regard to] this one. I want him to shut up not only because of the obvious reasons, but because his profile claims he's in an industry I want to be in, and it's a business that doesn't need to look worse.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Informal poll:

Did BigLutz just victim-blame the Civil Rights Movement in the Debate Forum?

Yes or only probably?

Yes.

Going by what i logically believe when it comes rape, while the perpetrater IS to blame, I would put the burden of responsibility to not wear suggestive clothing in a setting that puts the potential victim at risk.

It would work the same way with the civil rights movement in this case.

Bear in mind i am in NO way blaming the victim for being raped, but that she couldve had the common sense to not put herself at risk.

The Renegade obviously thought your comparison to rape victim-blaming wasn't enough so he went ahead and actually pulled the "she shouldn't have worn it" card for actual rape. Classy.

The Admiral

Man, if there wasn't enough **** tonight, I needed a soupçon of rape apologist crap.

I barely even see how that one even fits perfectly -- there's a difference between wardrobe and skin color.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Man, if there wasn't enough **** tonight, I needed a soupçon of rape apologist crap.

I barely even see how that one even fits perfectly -- there's a difference between wardrobe and skin color.

In this case, it's not a "they shouldn't have been black" situation, it's a "they shouldn't have fought against the masses" situation.

The Admiral

Yeah, okay, you have me on that one. Unfortunately, my choice of way to point out how broken that logic was, was based on broken logic.

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
Oii vey, that was quite a risky card he pulled on the whole "if your'e gonna dress risqué, you might as well prepare yourself for the possibility of being victimized".
I wholeheartedly disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.