• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
The new Pokemon TCG set.

That still exists? I though Pokemon cards died out when I was in 3rd grade. I think that was like, 1999?

SpeedDeoxys

Am I wrong here?
Wait what? 1999?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
He left SPP altogether.

Nobody really knows why, but it's probably because this place isn't usually all that intellectually stimulating.

Such a shame. He was one of the best people here. :(

That still exists? I though Pokemon cards died out when I was in 3rd grade. I think that was like, 1999?

Nope, still going strong. And going and going and going. I think there's like over 100 sets now or something.

I lost interest in the TCG after 3rd Gen. It's too expensive a hobby, and I got tired of the constant rule changes and cards being cycled out.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen

1999 was like when they were just hitting it really big. At least in my area. But y'know, us country kids probably didn't get things as quickly as city folks did...

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I have three tins of Pokemon cards: Victini, Oshawott (I couldn't find a Snivy one), and a tin of cards that I found in a store run by Korean people. The cards that came from that one had some serious grammar errors.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
1999 was like when they were just hitting it really big. At least in my area. But y'know, us country kids probably didn't get things as quickly as city folks did...

I thinks that's when we started getting hit by Yu-Gi-Oh cards. It was more popular in my area because the show actually showed you how to play the damn game unlike Pokemon.

No one talks about either over here anymore. Beyblades were popular a little ago but got phased out too.

Phoopes

There it is.
I thinks that's when we started getting hit by Yu-Gi-Oh cards. It was more popular in my area because the show actually showed you how to play the damn game unlike Pokemon.

Yeah, exactly. Everyone collected the Pokemon cards when I was a kid just for the pretty pictures. We actually played Yu-Gi-Oh by the rules and had a good time with it. Though I remember it took me forever to get all the Exodia pieces, haha.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen

No one talks about either over here anymore. Beyblades were popular a little ago but got phased out too.

I remember when my brother played Yu-Gi-Oh. I never really could get into those kinds of card games. We had a PlayStation Yu-Gi-Oh game that was kinda fun. I think we still have it in the basement somewhere.

Dunno this whole Beyblades thing. Back in my day, we had Pogs.

I remember when my brother played Yu-Gi-Oh. I never really could get into those kinds of card games. We had a PlayStation Yu-Gi-Oh game that was kinda fun. I think we still have it in the basement somewhere.

The only games I ever had for Yu-Gi-Oh was Eternal Duelist Soul and Forbidden Memories, never beat the latter, although I haven't played it for years.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Yeah, exactly. Everyone collected the Pokemon cards when I was a kid just for the pretty pictures. We actually played Yu-Gi-Oh by the rules and had a good time with it. Though I remember it took me forever to get all the Exodia pieces, haha.

Yeah, Yu-Gi-Oh was fun until it got too damn complicated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.