• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I like Let's Plays, especially if it's a game I've played before. Rewatching a playthrough of the game is boring without the commentary.

I'd do some myself but:

1. I don't have a Capture Card or any sort of gameplay recording equipment (besides my laptop camera, but that's so low quality I wouldn't even bother).
2. I wouldn't be remotely entertaining enough to justify watching it.

I like Let's Plays, especially if it's a game I've played before. Rewatching a playthrough of the game is boring without the commentary.

I'd do some myself but:

1. I don't have a Capture Card or any sort of gameplay recording equipment (besides my laptop camera, but that's so low quality I wouldn't even bother).
2. I wouldn't be remotely entertaining enough to justify watching it.
if your looking to lets play, if you get camtasia studio (7 or 8 I can't remember) you can record your PC gaming, and it records system audio. If you have a mic it records that as a separate file, so you can adjust volumes, then just cut bits off the end/start, and its a pretty quick instant lets play.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
if your looking to lets play, if you get camtasia studio (7 or 8 I can't remember) you can record your PC gaming, and it records system audio. If you have a mic it records that as a separate file, so you can adjust volumes, then just cut bits off the end/start, and its a pretty quick instant lets play.

I'm not, but thanks anyway.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I don't really care for Game Grumps or any Let's Players at all and don't really understand the appeal.

Even if I did, if I watched a Let's Play of BioShock Infinite, practically half of it would be looting containers.

D

Deleted member 300066

I like quite a lot of gamegrumps videos, I much prefer Jontron and Egoraptor's solo videos, but gamegrumps are okay, some of the videos are pretty bad though, such as the Naughty Bear videos. They really seem to be dragging on with Sonic '06 though, I know they promised to beat it, but its just getting boring. A lot of their earlier videos were good, like Megaman and Goof-troop, where they actually talked about the games. I like that they play a lot of older games for the SNES and whatnot, since I'm too young to have played them myself.

Does anyone know of a decent Bioshock Infinite Let's Play? Hopefully without someone talking?

Jesse Cox, he doesn't talk over the cut scenes although does talk over gameplay. I don't watch it myself, but I watched the first episode which I enjoyed. Channel name is OMFGcata I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I had the weirdest dream the other day, the only thing I remember is that I was on my way to a party when I heard Gotye's or whatever his name is, I heard his newest single on the radio. It was good, when I got to the party it turned out it was a birthday party thrown for this really hot blonde chick who in the dream was my girlfriend. Weird because I am not attracted to girls with blonde hair.

Sorry if I made any grammatical mistakes, I am on my iPhone and it sucks. I normally don't pay attention to the mistakes I make whilst on the crap phone because I know I probably made many mistakes.

Last edited:

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I don't really care for Game Grumps or any Let's Players at all and don't really understand the appeal.

Even if I did, if I watched a Let's Play of BioShock Infinite, practically half of it would be looting containers.

I've never watched Game Grumps and the only Let's Player I watch is Markiplier because he's got a great personality and his charity work every month is amazing. I think the appeal for me is that I've always liked watching other people play games. I used to spend a lot of time watching my brother play games and we always joked and talked about the game play, and I kind of miss that since he moved away.

Dunno of any LPs of Infinite, though, but I haven't looked any up because I plan on playing the game myself at some point.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I watched some GameGrumps, did not enjoy them. JonTron was cool solo. Egoraptor was not. Most LPs are fair-to-middling, honestly. PewDiePie-type **** is anomalous... but so is work like the "Sonic 2 Special Edition" LP docfuture did. I only watch roundthewheel (who does a lot of puzzle games), brisulph (only does stuff on Nintendo consoles as far as I know, mostly NES and SNES), plasticallan (has a nice variety going on) and Vicas (not very active, mostly does stuff on SA, has been LPing Yoshi's Island GBA and previously 100%ed Super Mario 64 controlling the game with his feet).

Peter Quill

star-lord
I like lets plays when they actually explain the mechanics of the game.

but since they're mostly terrible jokes (see PewDiePie) they aren't really worth my time.

cornRow

Banned
have you ever heard a bug fart?
I hate when a bug farts on my scarf
I want to barf
hopefully I didn't eat syrup (pronounced with an accent - "sarp")

trident20

ground types
have you ever heard a bug fart?
I hate when a bug farts on my scarf
I want to barf
hopefully I didn't eat syrup (pronounced with an accent - "sarp")

*claps*
good poem

i have a sonnet

I yesterday saw a cool little bug
with giant eyes as creepy as could be
I followed the bug over the long rug
and out the door and into the world you see

and through the forests and over hills
and into a bigger forest than before
a forest like the great one in Brazil
and the bug stopped and looked around the floor

then moved towards a tree and climbed
went into a little hole, it was gone
I peeked into the hole at that time
then I saw something I laid eyes on

a little family of bugs all together
I killed them with a flamethrower.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Just found out I got into the National Honors Society today. Now I can finally put my service projects into action.

because somebody changed it to that. Good enough?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I disagree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.