• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I disagree as I find Clara to be really dull and boring too a point were I am not interested in who she is.

I agree, I don't like her that much. The writers are obviously trying to make an independent character, and yet in tough situations all she talks about and cares about is the doctor. I don't like it.

Your Spore and MSPA signature do at least prove you an authority.

It's not a nerd thing if you make it yourself, as I always say. Referring to the MSPA part, of course.

(this is actually not true. The format of my adventure basically belongs to Andrew Hussie and it's littered with Homestuck references, something I'm not proud of)

John Madden

resident policy guy
Shouldn't that be the Eighth, who actually, if I recall correctly, is already established as having fought in the Time War, was around for a pretty long time, and which forgetting would be justified, or is this just Steven Moffat being a twelve-year-old on deviantArt?

this is just The Eleventh citing a tabloid citing a tabloid and nothing even remotely BBC-official

Zazie

So 1991
It's not a nerd thing if you make it yourself, as I always say. Referring to the MSPA part, of course.

(this is actually not true. The format of my adventure basically belongs to Andrew Hussie and it's littered with Homestuck references, something I'm not proud of)

I met Andrew Hussie once. He seemed a bit full of himself, but it could have just been tongue in cheek.

Pansy :]

anustart
It used to be really good but nowadays I agree with this statement.

Honestly I think they were going for mass appeal in season 5 and onward of the new series. I had never seen a whole lot of mainstream Doctor Who fans before then, as most of them were just quiet nerds and stuff. Now I see people wearing doctor who shirts and buttons and stuff all over the place. Whenever I try to use Sparknotes for English work, I see all this crap about "Are you are real DW fan??? Take our test to find out!!!" and "How well do you know Matt Smith?" and that's how I know something has changed.
IMO season five was the last really good season, I miss two part episodes and female characters with different personalities :(... I really enjoyed season four and the '09 specials despite how ****ing cheesey they were, just because it felt like everything was coming together and that was really cool... The End of Time parts 1 and 2 will always be my favorite episodes.
the only doctor who scenes i've seen had something to do with angels and it looked so cheap and was so poorly shot i have no inclination to see any other parts of it
don't judge based off the angels... just don't. Loads of people like them but i think they're the most overrated monster on the show
Many Doctor Who fans would probably watch Breaking Bad and complain about it being boring.

Apologies, I have a major beef with much/most British tv. Its universal average to shittiness being the beef.
Doctor Who and Breaking Bad are probably my top two TV shows... Just sayin'
I used to really love Doctor Who but I've found the past few seasons really lacking. The plots are getting more and more ridiculous and this whole thing about introducing a new 9th Doctor is unbelievable.
I really don't think that's happenning, it could i guess, but it doesn't make sense, it's just a dumb idea, i believe 11 has refrenced to being the 11th doctor and the only source i can find for it is The Sun, whom i would hardly consider a reliable source
Wait, how can there be a new 9th doctor, there was already a 9th doctor, it already happened
Don't put anything past moffat, i think he found his fanfiction journal from when he was 12 and is just turning those into episodes
I thought Series 5 was the most successful series since the revival. Series 6 did suffer slightly from the River arc, but there were still some brilliant episodes. (The Doctor's Wife, The Girl Who Waited and The God Complex come to mind. A Good Man Goes to War was also fantastic, even though it only existed due to River.) I do feel that Series 7 isn't as strong as past series, though Clara is a great companion and next week's finale looks promising.
GOD season 6 and 7a were just bad... I used to love River Song so much,but I just feel like her story has been such a letdown thus far. The whole "oh yeah i was your childhood bff who wasn't at your wedding and who has litterally not been mentionned once outside of this episode but i'm also your daughter and your other bff's wife" thing was just dissapointing... Let's Kill Hitler has to be one of the weakest episodes IMO, just because it was all about River, made hardly any sense and didn't give Hitler nearly enough screen time.

I'm not going to say anything about Clara at this point because i'm fairly undecided on her. I liked Owin in Asylum and Mrs. Montague in the snowmen, but "main" clara is just kinda... i dunno. I kinda wish we had another donnaish companion who had a strictly platonic relationship with the doctor. I really didn't like the prequel that was released last night and the doctor's comment about her skirt was just kinda weird.
Shouldn't that be the Eighth, who actually, if I recall correctly, is already established as having fought in the Time War, was around for a pretty long time, and which forgetting would be justified, or is this just Steven Moffat being a twelve-year-old on deviantArt?
Like i said, I really don't think Hurt will be playing the ninth doctor at all, maybe it will be sort of like in "the next doctor" where there's all of the lead up and then he really doesn't have much to do with the doctor at all.

JUST REMEMBER THIS ISN'T SOME SORT OF FANFEST GUYS
*off topic*

Our cat gave birth...one is alive (so far...) the other died after birth...:(
oh honey :( you should most definately post pictures of the living kittens at some point in the next few days. they're so cute when they're that tiny <3. Best of luck to you, your cat and her kittens <3
Agreed, I only enjoyed Journey in the centre of the Tardis and The Crimson Horror and even then they were sub par.
I didn't enjoy journey to the centre of the tardis very much, because A.) THe HIstory of the timewar book was just kinda weird, hardly mentionned, and felt out of place for the episode IMO, who would've written it also? and B.) So much ~*~ character development~*~ that was just erased :(

Although i did like it when the doctor said that secrets are what keeps us safe and clara was like "***** u gotta b kiddin' me"

As someone who isn't a big jenny/vastra/strax fan and was dreading "the crimson horror" I actually really enjoyed it. The TomTom joke was ****ing pathetic though.

I disagree as I find Clara to be really dull and boring too a point were I am not interested in who she is.
I'm not uninterested necessarily, I just don't have very high expectations after the letdown with River.

And has been leaked due to BBC America goofing up on sending the Blu ray early.

whooooo

but seriously I've been searching all day for a download link...

i can't find it anywhere

people on tumblr would only send me summaries of what they heard happens when i asked for a link :(

Chris

Old Coot
May needs to move along faster. I need that new Daft Punk album, dammit.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
Pansy :];15980798 said:
don't judge based off the angels... just don't. Loads of people like them but i think they're the most overrated monster on the show

it's got nothing to do with the monsters, i think the concept is cool but it was just crap execution

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Yes.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.