• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I just googled it, and I can't find anything on statues having to be made of stone in order to turn into weeping angels.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Yeah, I don't think stone is a requirement. But still, it seemed like some pointless cinematic thing when the statue of liberty turned into an angel. If I remember correctly, it didn't serve any purpose in the plot whatsoever.

The only redeeming factor about that episode is that Amy and Rory finally left. I actually liked Rory, but not Amy.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
Earlier in the episode, the angels don't really move much at all and they just look like statues (as they're supposed to). The tension mounts as the characters learn the true nature of the angels, even after being freaked out about them beforehand. We also get little glimpses of what the angels are capable of, but nothing super cinematic or exciting. All in all, the episode itself is really good but the angels as DW monsters are kind of overrated (mostly due to the fandom)
jesus christ this is the scene i watched and my enjoyment had nothing to do with the content. it just ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~LOOKED SUPER LOW BUDGET AND ALSO LIKE THE DIRECTOR AND CINEMATOGRAPHERS HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE DOING*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~~*

why have i needed to say exactly the same thing 4 times ****ing hell

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
jesus christ this is the scene i watched and my enjoyment had nothing to do with the content. it just ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~LOOKED SUPER LOW BUDGET AND ALSO LIKE THE DIRECTOR AND CINEMATOGRAPHERS HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE DOING*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~~*

You're not allowed to criticize Dr. Who, that's why.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Yeah, I don't think stone is a requirement.

I remember otherwise -- but if I didn't, why would I be bringing it up? (This may also just be that it never happened otherwise and, well, poor reception to how the Angels were noticeably different just by the second episode, with especially that "An image of an Angel is itself an Angel" seeming really goddamned contrived.)

But still, it seemed like some pointless cinematic thing when the statue of liberty turned into an angel. If I remember correctly, it didn't serve any purpose in the plot whatsoever.

It clearly was to make it seem like ~the earth was in more danger oh noes~ because apparently the audience of Doctor Who regularly forgets what they're watching.

You're not allowed to criticize Dr. Who, that's why.

That's sacred cow status for ya.

Y'know, I've never watched Doctor Who. I can't say I feel like I'm missing out.

Not really. A few of the episodes are pretty okay, but that's mostly the older portions of the series. Also, science fiction is... well, a troubled genre on whole.

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I find game of thrones the most overrated show ever.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
#sorryimnotsorry

;107; ;107; ;107;

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
the red dead redemption soundtrack is so good

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
That's one of those many, many video games I haven't played.

If I can find a used copy around for a decent price, though, I'll be changing that. But well... used video games; when you're looking for something, you can't find it cheaply. And if you can, it's probably damaged to hell and back.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
That's one of those many, many video games I haven't played.

If I can find a used copy around for a decent price, though, I'll be changing that. But well... used video games; when you're looking for something, you can't find it cheaply. And if you can, it's probably damaged to hell and back.

I saw that game at Target last week for ten dollars. It surely can't be that difficult to find that particular game used for cheap.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
stop being cheap and just buy it, it's great

The past three times I have changed my bed-sheets, my long-haired currently-moulting cat has decided to make her way up to the bed the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.