• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally pick my fast food places based on how the food tastes. If I wanted to avoid going to companies that shit all over other people, I'd have to move out of the U.S.

It's not like he's asking how to survive on $20/day. He's just trying to budget accordingly. Cool your jets, Pat. Jfc

I'm perfectly aware of what he's asking. I was making a separate point.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I've started to like Wendy's considerably more over the years. Could just be me.

Shame they retired those chicken strips they had like seven years ago, though.

The triple Baconator has more than an entire days recommendation of fat in one sandwich. I don't think there is a fast food item that is more unhealthy. (and no the double down doesn't even come close, those actually aren't any more fattening than a whopper or big mac) It's probably not something to eat on a regular basis.

I would imagine that any bacon burger would pretty much be basically a mass of bad health.

Vernikova

Champion
Bacon is overused. I can't believe people aren't tired of it yet.

Red meat in general is pretty overrated.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Ahaha. What. How much do you eat? I could live on that so easily it's almost untrue.
I eat a ton of food. When I go to fast food places I eat double cheeseburgers and ****. large fries and all too
prolly shouldn't do that but oh well

Red meat in general is pretty overrated.
take that back

The best fast food place I've encountered is Whataburger. It's a Texas-born joint that is also in Florida, Oklahoma, and a few other southern states. IT. IS. THE. BEST. Its burger is unrivaled AND huge to boot. You will never have a burger like it. It is awesome.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Bacon is a bit overrated, but it's still pretty damn good

Also Wendy's is the best, but I usually go with Burger King because it's cheaper

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
ok thanks guys. i am just gonna take $450 for food for my 3 week trip and hope that's enough :) i had forgotten about 5 guys, will check them out too

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Five guys has the best burgers out of any fast food joint I've been to, hands down

They're expensive though so I don't go there that often

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Obviously none of you have experienced Whataburger
sad life you live in you must try it before you die

Kreis

Still Dirrty
we didn't forget about it

we just don't like shoddy burgers.

;107; ;107; ;107;

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
Five guys has the best burgers out of any fast food joint I've been to, hands down

They're expensive though so I don't go there that often

keep in mind i am from a country where KFC charges $13 for three crispy strips, a box of fries and a drink. expensive is relative

Kreis

Still Dirrty
@moot
That's about how much I paid for a burger with fries and a drink at 5 Guys Burgers. It was worth it, although the burger was surprisingly small.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
@moot
That's about how much I paid for a burger with fries and a drink at 5 Guys Burgers. It was worth it, although the burger was surprisingly small.
i have also heard that serving sizes over there are a bit more substantial

anyway i will just take $450 (so $22.50 a day) and hopefully i don't have to dip into my regular spending money

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
keep in mind i am from a country where KFC charges $13 for three crispy strips, a box of fries and a drink. expensive is relative

Jesus, man. (Especially since the Australian dollar is worth about the same as the American dollar right now -- slightly more, but only by a few cents. Assuming I have this right.)

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
Jesus, man. (Especially since the Australian dollar is worth about the same as the American dollar right now -- slightly more, but only by a few cents. Assuming I have this right.)

it actually just fell below parity, so the US dollar is worth about 1.5c more than the aus dollar. hopefully it picks back up, or my trip is going to be more expensive :(

Jb

Tsun in the streets
i have also heard that serving sizes over there are a bit more substantial

anyway i will just take $450 (so $22.50 a day) and hopefully i don't have to dip into my regular spending money

Honestly, you probably won't even spend that much a day if you assuming you only eat twice. Use the savings to hit the gym when you come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.