• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Quill

star-lord
You're 100% correct. Though it goes without saying that football is the best sport to watch (and play, for that matter). And no, I don't mean soccer.

And it's been a while for everybody. There's nobody here every time I stop by. I think it's about time we pronounce Misc.

GrizzlyB is completely right. Football >>>>> Hockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Basketball in terms of watching. Although I love watching tennis so people are going to denounce my opinion lol.

And it is dead whenever I come around. Shouldn't the summer boost things up?

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I wanted to play football in high school, but they wouldn't let me because I have a vagina. =(

I actually stop by fairly often, but then I'm just too lazy/tired to say anything.

This chick at my old high school played football, I think she was a defensive lineman. I don't really remember what position she played but I do remember that she was in varsity.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
This chick at my old high school played football, I think she was a defensive lineman. I don't really remember what position she played but I do remember that she was in varsity.

She sounds awesome. I would be friends with her. My high school sucked in so many ways.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
She sounds awesome. I would be friends with her. My high school sucked in so many ways.

Yeah she was actually really cool, she tackled me once during practice and it hurt like hell.

I guess all high schools suck in one way or another and it is a different experience for everyone.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
I wanted to play football in high school, but they wouldn't let me because I have a vagina. =(

I actually stop by fairly often, but then I'm just too lazy/tired to say anything.

That sucks, you should've gone to my high school. We had a girl on the team my freshman year, and her sister played in middle school, too (but then when she got to high school, she decided to be a manager instead). They were both linemen, actually.

Also, I do that also, but usually it's because there are no posts and no threads in which to create any.

Eh, Im not a huge sports fan. I really only have a genuine interest in baseball, and recently hockey has caught my attention. Most other sport just don't do anything for me. I do watch the Olympics, but I feel like that's a bit different.

Baseball is the best sport in the world, but it's just not that fun to actively watch. Paradoxical, I know, but that's just the way things are.

GrizzlyB is completely right. Football >>>>> Hockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Basketball in terms of watching. Although I love watching tennis so people are going to denounce my opinion lol.

And it is dead whenever I come around. Shouldn't the summer boost things up?

I always knew you were a bright one. And I've never actually watched tennis, but at least there's always something actively going on, which isn't the case in a weirdly large number of sports.

And the thing I think is funny is that on the heels of the X/Y announcement, Misc. is deader than ever. Nobody here gives a **** about Pokemon.

Pansy :]

anustart
It's so empty here....

I have no interest in playing football personally, but my school wouldn't let my friend (sophomore girl) play, even though our team sucks and she's probably tougher than most of them... To be honest though I've never been very interested in watching sports

But on the bright side I'm halfway through with high school, and just knowing that is an amazing feeling <3

Profesco

gone gently
And the thing I think is funny is that on the heels of the X/Y announcement, Misc. is deader than ever. Nobody here gives a **** about Pokemon.

I do, and I'm still carrying my official Misc alumni card. Maybe some folks are making their posts in the X/Y subforum?

Anyway,

[img139]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Corioliskraftanimation.gif[/img139]

As it is in real life so it is in physics: point of view makes a ton of difference. This has nothing to do with the above, I just think it's nifty. Two basketball points to anybody who knows what phenomenon this graphic is depicting (without looking at the url).

Last edited:

Mister_SGG

iTunes is the worst program, like ever. It is slow as all hell, and this stupid sync-feature is annoying too. Why can't I just add music files without needing to do all kinds of other nonsense like making backups and stuff?

/rant

Zazie

So 1991
I am a bit interested in X and Y, but honestly I don't have 3ds or money. I also don't have much confidence in Gamefreak to not take a step backwards in some area of single player again. I will probably be more excited when most of the info has been revealed, but I am assuming the games will actually be out by the time that happens, due to the whole simultaneous worldwide release thing. I like Pokemon, but not enough to lurk around for tiny scraps of information.

Anyway **** hockey. I am irritated that gym classes banned dodgeball but still allow hockey. Those sticks hurt a lot worse than a soft foam ball. But more importantly dodgeball is more fun to play.

Pansy :]

anustart
I'm so close to caving and buying a 3DS... I really didn't have any interest in the system until Animal Crossing: New Leaf came out, but I have a deep love for those games. Plus the new Super Smash Bros and Pokemon games look really cool... But my brother finally caved after years of begging and is letting me play Wind Waker and his Zelda Collector's edition games for the first time, so as far as games go I'll be able to distract myself for the time being...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's my birthday next week, so hopefully I can convince my family to give me money.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I do, and I'm still carrying my official Misc alumni card. Maybe some folks are making their posts in the X/Y subforum?

Anyway,

[img139]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Corioliskraftanimation.gif[/img139]

As it is in real life so it is in physics: point of view makes a ton of difference. This has nothing to do with the above, I just think it's nifty. Two basketball points to anybody who knows what phenomenon this graphic is depicting (without looking at the url).

I know. Probably the only thing about Physics I know.

I think.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed

Don't be ridiculous. Besides, you're a phantom from Misc.'s past, come back to haunt us for our misdeeds and greed. I'll be expecting the other ghosts later this evening.

And I say that, but in all likelihood, there's a 90%+ chance that I'll pick up X/Y when they come out.

Also, I did look at the URL, but I still don't know what that picture is about.

Anyway **** hockey. I am irritated that gym classes banned dodgeball but still allow hockey. Those sticks hurt a lot worse than a soft foam ball. But more importantly dodgeball is more fun to play.

Why would any school ban dodgeball? I mean, hockey's probably the second-best gym sport, but it doesn't hold a candle to dodgeball.

Pansy :];16103018 said:
I'm so close to caving and buying a 3DS... I really didn't have any interest in the system until Animal Crossing: New Leaf came out, but I have a deep love for those games. Plus the new Super Smash Bros and Pokemon games look really cool... But my brother finally caved after years of begging and is letting me play Wind Waker and his Zelda Collector's edition games for the first time, so as far as games go I'll be able to distract myself for the time being...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's my birthday next week, so hopefully I can convince my family to give me money.

You should get a 3DS ASAP. That way, you can play all of the awesome new games that are out on it, including Virtue's Last Reward, the not-quite-as-good sequel to the hit game 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, available now on the Nintendo DS.

Peter Quill

star-lord
You can also grab Fire Emblem: Awakening but it's not like I have any bias at all.

The state of affairs in misc is sad though. Usually I'd at least find some good posts when I log on but it seems that... it is completely dead. No matter nothing is coming out.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
iTunes is the worst program, like ever. It is slow as all hell, and this stupid sync-feature is annoying too. Why can't I just add music files without needing to do all kinds of other nonsense like making backups and stuff?

/rant
Because Apple being Apple will not implement useful features into their software till it's "useful". A good example of this is implementing things Android had many years ago before iOS 7. I do not know when or how features are deemed useful.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
You can also grab Fire Emblem: Awakening but it's not like I have any bias at all.

Tharja's borderline-meta creepiness. Good enough a reason.

Sadly, I still feel like there aren't many good games on the 3DS.

Because Apple being Apple will not implement useful features into their software till it's "useful". A good example of this is implementing things Android had many years ago before iOS 7. I do not know when or how features are deemed useful.

Apple operates via magic 8-ball.

Rave

Banned

Anyway,

red handed sleight of hand? I dunno i didn't peak.... yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.