• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude

Prelude
I walked into my senior year being all "Oh hell yeah I'll apply for all the scholarships" but the majority of the applications bored me to tears so that didn't happen.
yeah i didnt get a single one other than the one you automatically get for a high act score. i have a habit of halfassing everything though so i wasnt too surprised

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I am seriously crying over the replies in the reputation announcement topic.

Some people are so fragile these days.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Can I give them bad rep for making bad posts?

Pansy :]

anustart
Can I give them bad rep for making bad posts?

Isn't that the point of the rep system?

It is pretty funny how people are getting upset about the rep system when it takes 30 seconds of effort to turn it off. But hey, why do that when you could just complain about it. I think it will be a good thing though, because people who make bad posts frequently will probably (hopefully) think more about what they're saying if they get a lot of negative comments/reporwhateverwe'recallingit.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
The thing that really kills me is the biggest complainer in that topic has been told multiple times he/she can turn it off but they still have yet to do so. I guess they haven't figured out that it's taking way more time to complain then it is to turn it off.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
The thing that really kills me is the biggest complainer in that topic has been told multiple times he/she can turn it off but they still have yet to do so. I guess they haven't figured out that it's taking way more time to complain then it is to turn it off.

i am willing to bet real cash money that they want to be able to GIVE reputation but they just can't handle getting any negative rep ever so they are complaining incessantly while being huge hypocrites

Kreis

Still Dirrty
my current mood: mad because there's so many good posts from people I've already repped, and I can't rep them again until I finish my 40.

Phoopes

There it is.
Well that's a good problem to have I guess. Didn't know there was some limitation on giving someone rep though, I skimmed through the announcement. Must've missed that.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i am willing to bet real cash money that they want to be able to GIVE reputation but they just can't handle getting any negative rep ever so they are complaining incessantly while being huge hypocrites
yep. just about every single person who has complained to me or that i saw complaining about negs has given negs to other people.

granted there ARE a few morons misusing the system and they should be reported, but seriously, not every neg is a bad thing. maybe people should learn to use the feedback to improve their posting instead of immediately crying about it.

Yeah thats a shame when you bring something back to the forums such as Reputation and is all negatives.
At least people have the option to use it or not so I don't see what the big deal is.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Smod and I still can't do unlimited reps. Idk how people can still complain about neg rep abuse when I still can't even finish my original 40. B|

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
because people dont read the huge post i put SO MUCH EFFORT INTO and assume if they get more than 1 neg rep it's obviously the same person

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Thanks, and I won't get in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.