• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Barcelona football scarf, but I really don't know what point it serves me in a country where the normal temp is 33 degrees C :D

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
my scarf is pretty and it was expensive and has my sorority on it :)

Peter Quill

star-lord
did everyone know that canadians actually evolved via natural selection to be able to withstand the cold? true story

BigLutz

Banned
It's icing outside, meaning that I need to avoid the road for like the next three days as Texans have no understanding of how to drive in the ice.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Yeah, but you guys are the saner of the two. Russia would have us fighting on top of bears, wearing nothing but pants and wield 10 foot Scimitars for war.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Well, so far, my college isn't buying back three of my seven books for the semester.

****ing amazing racket.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
MidnightGengar's sig gives me the creeps.

Well, so far, my college isn't buying back three of my seven books for the semester.

****ing amazing racket.

So you won't be getting back the $10 they'd give you back for a $200 book. Sucks, man. If they're just going to use the same textbook but a different edition, you can always try selling it to someone else who is going to take the class next semester. Or sell it on Amazon if it's worth the shipping cost.

I always wondered how college bookstores determined how much to buy books back for. Maybe they have a random number generator between $1 and $50 that decides for them when they scan the book.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I actually got back $50 for a book of a mine that cost $70. On the other hand, I only got $17 for a $55 book.

I think is mostly has to do with what classes are in demand. Classes with online textbooks sometimes don't have enough hardback books for students. You tend to get back more in my experience.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
So you won't be getting back the $10 they'd give you back for a $200 book. Sucks, man.

Yeah.

****ing. Amazing. Racket. It's kinda ****ed up that you get charged $250 for a book you BARELY USE except for some stupid code for an online pseudo-class, where all the work is, then you can't sell it back, even though it would cost them like $0.000001 to add a new code, or just let you get another code (which also should be cheap). I mean, goddamn, tuition is bad enough.

I have to pay more to take my history exam. Granted, it's not much, but still. It's REALLY shitty.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I have to pay more to take my history exam. Granted, it's not much, but still. It's REALLY shitty.

I feel your pain. It's gonna cost me at lest $200 to take my NCLEX and that's not counting the $175 fee for my Florida license application (compared to the $50 the application would cost me if I was going to stay in Illinois and get my Missouri license hahahahhaha... /quiet sobbing). Or the $50 it's going to cost me to take my exit exam.

But all those people struggling out there should just go to college, right? Just get a degree and you're right as rain. It doesn't cost that much, right? Student loans? You have to pay those back? Are you sure?

Prelude

Prelude
it's not a surprise that education is just a business.

and the reason it works is because for most people college is a reasonable investment

Status
Not open for further replies.