• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Lung sounds aren't dubstep, simpleton. Heart sounds are dubstep.

Cause you listen to the "dub" at the base of the heart, yo.

lub dup iirc. aah the cardiovascular system... that was a long section in anatomy. high school... good times...

Profesco

gone gently
Some pretty funny multiple choice questions.

"The plunger in the pump was broken. 'Plunger' means: a) a dolphin b) a pump part c) a brown car"

"Mr. Francesco Redi did not think meat could make maggots. Mr. Francesco Redi was: a) a famous scientist b) a volcano"

"Children played happily in the water spout. 'Spout' means: a) a stream of water b) two dry ducks c) a playground"

"(Gregor Mendel, Adolf Hitler, Charles Darwin, Charles Mendel) formulated the theory of evolution."

Test makers will include obviously-silly questions as a validity check against students who may not be paying attention to the test. These could be a selection of such questions, but the author of the post says they're representative of the whole set of curriculum materials. Eh, I don't think I believe that. But when I start writing tests I am definitely going to make ample use of silly questions, if only as extra credit points.

The "two dry ducks" just kills me. XD

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
lub dup iirc. aah the cardiovascular system... that was a long section in anatomy. high school... good times...

Yeah, but there's so much more to hear. You are really missing out on some cool stuff, lemme tell you. Speaking of which, I'm getting one of these for Christmas. /diesofjoy Where's Zenotwapal? We need to nerd out about medical equipment.

Completely unrelated, but if you have ten minutes and a really stupid sense of humor, I enjoyed this way more than was necessary.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Yeah, but there's so much more to hear. You are really missing out on some cool stuff, lemme tell you. Speaking of which, I'm getting one of these for Christmas. /diesofjoy Where's Zenotwapal? We need to nerd out about medical equipment.

Completely unrelated, but if you have ten minutes and a really stupid sense of humor, I enjoyed this way more than was necessary.

It may not be too late since I'm pursuing a career in medicine. Well, back to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. :D

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
that ending to Agents tho :eek: can't wait for it to come back in January

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Man, as if Ryse didn't seem shitty enough.

(and oh my god these two characters both look really, really not right. Especially the faces.)

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Never played a Crytek game so I can't comment on any of their other work, but it's not the only game I've seen that has really terrible boob physics. It's just a really hilarious and extreme example of really awful understanding of anatomy in general. lmao

And I doubt many people would even play Ryse (and I wouldn't have even recognized it) if Microsoft didn't have it in all of their major promotional commercials for XBox One as an Xbox exclusive game (which probably says a lot about Microsoft actually if that's one of their big gimmicks rofl).

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Speaking of terrible game physics.

Filed under:
How do I real boobs
Actual proof game devs have never seen women naked

I've seen some bad boob physics in my time, and this is definitely up there. In their defence though, that **** is hard to animate, however it seems they've taken the water balloon route. Honestly leaving them static would have been better.

not surprised, Crytek has never made a good game. and to think people are actually playing that trash

Crysis is an amazing game. Only the first one and WARHEAD, 2 and 3 are terrible games dumbed down for the CoD crowd.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I've seen some bad boob physics in my time, and this is definitely up there. In their defence though, that **** is hard to animate, however it seems they've taken the water balloon route. Honestly leaving them static would have been better..

Honestly? As someone with boobs, they don't even move that much. If you're running and jumping, yeah, they might move some (especially if they don't have any support). Just walking, though? Nah, bro. Making them static would have been waaaay more realistic in this instance because they only way they would be moving in this instance would be from just normal chest muscle movements, which is the same as with men. Clothes are more complicated to animate than female breasts.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That's the problem is that they're trying to make it perfect, but there's not really any other object type that has the same consistency and no one has really bothered to make one. Hair, cloth and water are the most common types. None of which fit boobs.

Maybe some day.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Just a reminder for motion capture some studios do actually use water balloons taped to a person's chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.