• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookz

Lumos
I'd think people living in Chicago would be used to driving in the snow, but that's a dangerous assumption. It's as if it starts snowing and people forget everything they know about driving.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'd think people living in Chicago would be used to driving in the snow, but that's a dangerous assumption. It's as if it starts snowing and people forget everything they know about driving.

That happens everywhere.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I'm not even ranked, I'm level 27 and I've seen brutal stupidity

like not just BAD players but just awful people, like teamwork is clearly not in their vocabulary

this is kind of a problem with most popular team-based games online

just holy **** how much less can you grasp the concept of what you're supposed to be doing

just holy **** how much less can you grasp the concept of what you're supposed to be doing

i like to imagine i am playing a kind of cool new top-down rpg yu-gi-oh game where you play as the dark magician and you can shoot all kinds of cool energy balls and you need to search the dragon and kill him to win.

but that's just talking about what i do irl

also, i feel league of legends is sort of awful in general. i don't understand what's so great about moba games.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I don't understand the draw of games like League of Legends or World of Warcraft.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Other than the draw of RPGs in general, there's also the social aspect of MMOs. I played EQ (and later EQ2) for years, met a lot of really awesome people and made a lot of friends that I grouped with all the time. I played WoW for a few years too, but quit because the community on my server was shit. Played several other games in the genre briefly as well. Now the only MMORPG I play is SWTOR and while I love the story aspect (which is amazing, btw), I also have a lot of fun spending time with my guildmates. It really makes it all the more worthwhile. So yeah, the social aspect is a pretty big part of what draws people in imo.

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
this is kind of a problem with most popular team-based games online

i wouldnt say its more of that than more of people acting like little children when things dont go the way they planned it. i always have that one person to ***** at the team because he fed the opponent

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The last MMO I played heavily was Guildwars. I started playing it in 2005, but stopped playing it around 2011. I always thought the community in Guildwars had nice players. I haven't been on Guildwars in ages. I'm guessing since Guildwars 2 has been out now for over a year, that the community in Guildwars 1 is on the brink of extinction, unless quite a bit of people are still playing the game.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I played Guild Wars (and had Factions - didn't go any farther than that though) and it was a lot of fun. I was really into TERA Online for a while too. I'm just too afraid to do missions that require other people, which sort of goes against the point of a MMORPG isn't it?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I hate playing MMOs now because there's always so much to know, just gets confusing. MapleStory was the only one that I got really into because I started playing it when it was first released, but now there's just too much for me.

Not to mention the communities of most MMOs are garbage anyway.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I played World of Warcraft about 2/3 years ago for a very long time and enjoyed every minute of it. The only problem was finding groups that weren't 12 year old boys who say "your mum" jokes all the time and the fact that it's really expensive, especially when you have to prioritise studying. Most of the people I used to play with have all quit as well, so there's not much draw anymore except for nostalgia.

Fenix

Tremulant
I don't understand the draw of games like League of Legends or World of Warcraft.
Except that LoL and WoW are radically different games.
also, i feel league of legends is sort of awful in general. i don't understand what's so great about moba games.
I agree, Dota 2 (and even WCIII DotA) is vastly superior. And I was one of the first people to try out LoL. While it's nice they made their own game instead of being a carbon copy of dota (unlike Heroes of Newerth), it's still just a worse game in general.
I hate playing MMOs now because there's always so much to know, just gets confusing. MapleStory was the only one that I got really into because I started playing it when it was first released, but now there's just too much for me.

Not to mention the communities of most MMOs are garbage anyway.
I never liked MMO's either, lasted only 3 hours when I tried World of Warcraft. Despite that, I did try The Secret World because it was made by Ragnar Tornquist and I was not disappointed. Real story telling in a really cool world.

So everyone, if you're looking for something fresh in an MMO try The Secret World. It has my Seal of Approval™.

P.S. one day I will play The Old Republic. One day.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I played Guild Wars (and had Factions - didn't go any farther than that though) and it was a lot of fun. I was really into TERA Online for a while too. I'm just too afraid to do missions that require other people, which sort of goes against the point of a MMORPG isn't it?

Factions was really fun as well. I enjoyed using the brand new Assassin profession that was introduced. I never played TERA actually, I knew quite a few people that were really into TERA though. Yeah, doing missions with others can be....well...you just don't know how it's gonna pan out. Some players are cool, and some are just garbage players lol. In Guildwars I knew most of the players in my guild in real life so it was pretty fun being apart of that guild.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I will never understand people who drink whisky for the taste or think that whisky is a good drink (that means you Pesky Persian)

Status
Not open for further replies.