• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
All this talking about height is reminding me of the manga I am reading. It's about this really short guy and really tall girl. And how they eventually become a couple despite their large height difference.

Never understood the big deal about height myself. And I have noticed it's a big deal. Apparently the man is supposed to be taller than the woman, because of some reason or another, and it's more desribale that way. (I don't even know how it works if it's two men or two women or people who are neither man nor woman)

from my experience as a shortie with lots of female friends, girls seem to almost always go for taller guys and not take as much notice of shorter guys, unless it's a short jock. i think i've seen exceptions but height is definitely a common attribute for attraction when it comes to guys, and unfortunately it's genetic. just one of those things where you gotta own it

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
from my experience as a shortie with lots of female friends, girls seem to almost always go for taller guys and not take as much notice of shorter guys, unless it's a short jock. i think i've seen exceptions but height is definitely a common attribute for attraction when it comes to guys, and unfortunately it's genetic. just one of those things where you gotta own it

Maybe it's because so many short guys think women don't like them because they're short when the reality is we don't like their victim complexes and little man syndromes.

I think it's important to differentiate between preferences and requirements.

i agree, i think it's very important to not get preferences and requirements mixed up.

for example:
i require the women i date to be alive and i prefer them to be blond.

is very different from:
i require the women i date to be blond and i prefer them to be alive.

just keep that in mind when dating people/things and that should be plenty help. go proverbially get them!

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
That Manga you were talking about a while back Zazie; what was it called, if you don't mind my asking?

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
i'll admit i've had my insecurities about my height but that's usually when i'm in a mood. as i said before, you gotta own it, and I own it

Maybe it's because so many short guys think women don't like them because they're short when the reality is we don't like their victim complexes and little man syndromes.

yeah, that's that short man's complex for ya

I don't think a have heard anyone flat out say I don't date short/tall people.

really? i've heard it a couple of times. a girl i liked once said it to me. that heartbreak tho :(

Syrus

Praise the Sun!

KickAsh

halted development
I'm 6'2" seems like I would kill you guys in basketball

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I regret watching the Grammy's. I'm running on less than 5 hours of sleep and I'm not prepared for the day *groans*

idk, im pretty good

Like UConn good? No? DIDN'T THINK SO! (I kid, of course :D)

Zazie

So 1991
So I look at all the new guitar models coming out this year. New Niles Rodgers signature model. I look up disco guitar and learn about Niles Rodger's playing techniques. And now I find out about Niles Rodgers playing at the grammys last night with Daft Punk. The guy seems to be everywhere I look lately.

Seems like a pretty cool musician.

Navin

MALDREAD
Regarding heights, I'm 5'7. People have told me that 5'7 is not tall, but it is not short either. Meh...they say I'm okay though because I'm brown and brown people are shorter anyway. Although most Indians who grow up here in the US are of decent height. Whatever, plenty of brown girls between 5'2 and 5'4 so I'm good I think.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.