• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RIP - My Pokemon Yellow

MasterShaper

Well, my old GBC finally breathed its last... So here's a record of my Yellow line-up before the ol' GameBoy died...

Do bear in mind that the game was still in progress when the machine expired - so the following aren't leveled to their highest yet.

And it looks like they'll never be, so RIP ;355;

---

Pikachu - Level 60's

Thunderbolt
Thunder
Quick Attack
Flash

-

Victreebel - Level 50's

Wrap
Mega Drain
Toxic
Cut

-

Dugtrio - Level 50's

Dig
Earthquake
Slash
Strength

-

Articuno - Level 60's

Blizzard
Ice Beam
Fly
Hyper Beam

-

Haunter - Level 50's

Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
Lick (for lack of a better ability)

-

Lapras - Level 20's

Surf
* Lapras was the baby of my team, and I only used her for Surfing. I never remembered her latest moveset due to the probability that she would have learned more as she leveled up. She was in the middle of being trained when the GB died, so that's that.

---

Pikachu was a nasty little rodent who could zap Lorelei into submission in an instant. Then, Victreebel was more of a 'trapper'; I would poison an enemy using Toxic, followed by continuous Wrapping. Dugtrio could easily down Agatha with most of its attacks, and Articuno was my way of defeating Lance. Haunter never failed to impress on the field, and Lapras was... Lapras, LOL

Thoughts?

MasterShaper

For some odd reason the cartridge can't be read by my SP... So it's a premature farewell to Yellow :(

Ah, all good things must end, I guess.

MasterShaper

Just find another GBC, prefferably the cheapest possible.
Or another GBA. Or SP.

You shouldn't assume that you won't be able to play the game anymore, because really, there are enough handhelds in the world for everyone to play GB games. :)
You just have to find one.

Are you sure it's not just a contact issue between the cart and the SP?

Hmm, it was tried with two GBASP's, and neither worked... I'm suspecting my cartridge was pirated merchandise.

But yeah, if I could find a GBC locally I'd be all for it :D

BuizelPidgeot

i had pokemon yellow for my GBC many year ago, but it has been lost for a long time... man i miss that game :(