• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rip my Team to Shreds

Blazios

I am planning to use this team on PBR and would appreciate some constructive criticism.

dpmfa461.png

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Pressure
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

My lead. I put Ice Shard there for anything that wants to use a speed priority move after Weavile’s Sash has kicked in, especially if they have a Sash as well.

dpmfsa462.png

Magnezone @ Leftovers / Expert Belt?
Magnet Pull
EVs: 174 HP, 252 Sp Attack, 84 Speed
Nature: Modest

- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave

I managed to get a Shiny Modest Magnezone with decent IVs so I plan to use it in my team. Magnet Pull to trap Skarmory. The Hidden Power is awful however so I will not be using it. I am having trouble getting rid of one the four moves though. Apparently 84 Speed EVs outspeeds minimum speed Skarmory, so that is why they are there.

dpmfa389.png

Torterra @ Choice Scarf
Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

I have always loved the idea of a Torterra that can (just about) be faster than an Infernape that doesn't have a Choice Scarf.

dpmfa472.png

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Sp Defence
Nature: Impish

- Stealth Rock
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Roost

Aerial Ace is there for obvious reasons. Stealth Rock because I have nothing else that can use it well. Knock Off to get rid of Choice Items/Life Orb/Leftovers. Roost is for healing.

dpmfa429.png

Mismagius @ Wise Glasses
Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp Attack, 4 Sp Defence, 252 Speed
Nature: Timid

- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

I am not really a fan of Choice items, even though I needed the Speed boost on Torterra. I did first plan to use a Shadow Ball, Psychic, Energy Ball and Thunderbolt set but then decided on using Will-o-Wisp.

dpmfa442.png

Spiritomb @ Leftovers / Wide Lens (with Item Clause on)
EVs: 252 HP/ 112 Defence/ 144 Sp Defence
Nature: Careful/Sassy

- Sucker Punch
- Psychic
- Pain Split
- Will-o-wisp

This one is a Mixed Wall. Pain Split to heal, Sucker Punch for things that would try and attack, Pursuit for things that try to switch to something that can beat it.

I'm unsure about Mismagius' and Spiritomb's movesets. I can either have Psychic on Mismagius and have a Careful Pursuit Spiritomb, or have Calm Mind on Mismagius and have a Sassy Psychic Spiritomb. What do you think I should do?

I am using all of these Pokémon because they were the 6 ones that I liked best when I saw them back in 2006.

Help and suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

lugiatamer493

FC: 1203 6804 3145
lucky with the magnezone but i prefer timid so it can outrun its worst rival metagross

HawaiianMountainDragon

It's not my fault!
I don't know if a torterra could possibly be faster than an Infernape, even with EVs, nature, and a choice scarf. But other than Infernape and the top...10 that follow, you won't have any worries.

lugiatamer493

FC: 1203 6804 3145
dou want ice shard and punch cos u could lose ice punch if u were to be original cos some people do it

Blazios

I don't know if a torterra could possibly be faster than an Infernape, even with EVs, nature, and a choice scarf. But other than Infernape and the top...10 that follow, you won't have any worries.

I've just done the maths. Torterra's top speed with 31 IV's is 232, and with Choice Scarf is 348. Infernape's top speed with 31 IVs without a Choice Scarf is 346, which is 2 lower than Torterra. Obviously that means that Torterra must have 31 IVs, so I will have to start breeding for it. If Torterra has 31 IVs it can also just about outspeed a few other Pokémon that do not have perfect IVs.

And lugiatamer493, I know it is unoriginal, but I do want Ice Punch and Shard.

Last edited:

Bizziler

You definitely want TBolt on Magius, otherwise Gyara could cause problems. Taunt wrecks the only other thing on your team that might be able to stand up to it (Spiritomb)

johnXkid

Candlelight
id give Mismagius the Sub Calm Mind set with TBolt and Shadow Ball

Blazios

You definitely want TBolt on Magius, otherwise Gyara could cause problems. Taunt wrecks the only other thing on your team that might be able to stand up to it (Spiritomb)

Just noticed the Gyarados weakness. Done.

id give Mismagius the Sub Calm Mind set with TBolt and Shadow Ball

I am thinking about putting Calm Mind on Mismagius but without Psychic I have no decent Fighting coverage. I'm really not sure what to do.

it is actually good already. i suggest you take out roost for gliscor and just give it a healing item. maybe an offensive move instead.

Blazios

Are you planning to use Item Clauses with this team? Because you do have 3 Pokémon with Leftovers and that wouldn't work with an Item Clause.

I hadn't thought of that! Anyone else have suggestions for items?
Gliscor carries Aerial Ace

Even so, its Attack isn't amazing and my one is more defensive really. It is mainly there just in case it is my last Pokémon so I actually have a chance of winning.

johnXkid

Candlelight
walls need Healing moves or they dont do so good. There are exceptions but Gliscor isnt one of them

johnXkid

Candlelight
@Blazios- then the only thing i can think f is using Psychic on Spiritomb (even though i feel im gonna regret saying that)

Blazios

@Blazios- then the only thing i can think f is using Psychic on Spiritomb (even though i feel im gonna regret saying that)

If I did that, then I would have to change its nature. I could change it to Sassy (+Sp Defence -Speed) and get rid of Pursuit. How about that?

johnXkid

Candlelight
i suppose that could work. As for Items, id give Magnezone an Expert Belt and Spiritomb something like Wide Lens for better Will O Wisp accuracy. and i noticed something on Magnezone too. Put those Sp Defense EVs into HP

Bizziler

Mixape also has a bit of fun with your team. Weavile outspeeds but can't do much with only Brick Break hittting for normal damage, and if Ape carries Mach Punch (Not many do, but mine does :p ) then it screws you over completely. Spiritomb can take a hit or two but also has very little to hit back with. Everything else is going to die fairly quickly to it.

johnXkid

Candlelight
only KOs Gliscor if it has HP Ice

Blazios

Mixape also has a bit of fun with your team. Weavile outspeeds but can't do much with only Brick Break hittting for normal damage, and if Ape carries Mach Punch (Not many do, but mine does :p ) then it screws you over completely. Spiritomb can take a hit or two but also has very little to hit back with. Everything else is going to die fairly quickly to it.

That's one of the reasons that I wanted Psychic, to cover Infernape.
Wouldn't Torterra be able to kill it with Earthquake though?

Still would appreciate some guidance on Magnezone's moveset.

johnXkid

Candlelight
for Magnezone id go Sub, TWave, Flash Cannon and TBolt