• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RIP Thundurus?

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Ok, so this was the first successful team I have ever used. I don't really have any rankings, but this team peaked at 1467 on PBC on PO. (People on PBC kinda suck). Anyway, this team started off as Thundurus, Ferrothorn, Blaziken, Garchomp, Umbreon and Starmie, with only ONE member staying the same. In fact, the original RMT I posted for this is over here http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=525083&highlight=Thundurus+Lead Yes I was a n00b when I made this team, but changed stuff out and got better with competitive over time. This team will not be useful anymore due to Thundurus may being banned, so I have decided to retire this team. ON SMOGON http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3455262

642.gif
485.gif
534.gif
149.gif
385.gif
479-W.gif

642.gif
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ok, this is the base of the team. Thundurus is a beast, with Lead Sweep 6-0's with great coverage in all of his moves. With BoltBeam coverage in a sense, and Focus Miss for those pesky steel types, Thundurus gets great coverage on anything and rarely can anything take a hit from it.

485.gif
@ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Physically Defensive Heatran is pretty good, can sponge hits from all sorts of Pokemon. Can easily switch into any Fire move with Flash Fire, and resists Dragonite's main set down below. This is mostly my sandstorm cover, with Air Balloon, yet I may replace Heatran with Skarmory because Skarm sponges basically every hit from all Sandstorm Abusers. You tell me if I should switch!

534.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Typical Conkeldurr set, can take a lot of Special hits and hit back hard with STAB Drain Punch and recover the damage off, has a pretty good priority STAB in Mach Punch, and takes care of Physic types with Payback. Doesn't mind status either, his attack reaches 624 with any type of status. Bulk Up also helps him get boosts and give him more power and more defense. He is the Physical Tank of this team.

149.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Fire Punch

This is the Physical Sweeper. Best Dragon ever, discounting Garchomp. RIP Garchomp. His ability is probably the best ability in the metagame right now, and lets him live basically any hit and hit back after a DD. His attacking moves of Dragon Claw and Fire Punch hit almost everything neutral except Heatran, which resists/immune to both with Flash Fire. If I am getting below about half health, I can use Roost and stall easily and get back to Multiscale then hit hard again and again. It has 670 Attack after 2 DD's, and 518 Speed after 2 DD's. Outspeeds everything basically except scarfers and TR users, hits everything hard. Swag.

385.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- U-turn

This is my Special Wall, with 100/100/100 defenses, its pretty bulky. Of course I have the Body Slam-Iron Head combo, for Para-Flinching and being an annoyance. This is also a Wish Support set, with U-turn also so I can easily pass wishes off. Beast Pokemon

479-W.gif
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

This is the last Pokemon of my team, Scrotom-W. This is a bastard to deal with for other people who aren't prepared for it, can be used as a lead with Volt Switch to scout out other Pokemon. I hit almost every Sand abuser hard, with Hydro Pump, and can take out some Rain abusers with T-bolt. Trick is for those pesky walls like Blissey, and Pokemon that are taunt-bait can be crippled very very easily.

K, well this is the end of my retired team. Might be posting on Smogon, so yea. Swag.

Last edited:

DrasticPhase

Half ded
Kings rock is banned
I like your team alot but maybe give heatran fire blast
Competitive= fire blast>flamethrower
The power is needed

Psycho Cut

Ok, so this was the first successful team I have ever used. I don't really have any rankings, but this team peaked at 1467 on PBC on PO. (People on PBC kinda suck). Anyway, this team started off as Thundurus, Ferrothorn, Blaziken, Garchomp, Umbreon and Starmie, with only ONE member staying the same. In fact, the original RMT I posted for this is over here http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=525083&highlight=Thundurus+Lead Yes I was a n00b when I made this team, but changed stuff out and got better with competitive over time. This team will not be useful anymore due to Thundurus may being banned, so I have decided to retire this team.

642.gif
485.gif
534.gif
149.gif
385.gif
479-W.gif

642.gif
@ Life Orb Trait: Prankster
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ok, this is the base of the team. Thundurus is a beast, with Lead Sweep 6-0's with great coverage in all of his moves. With BoltBeam coverage in a sense, and Focus Miss for those pesky steel types, Thundurus gets great coverage on anything and rarely can anything take a hit from it.
Focus Sash could work, but I'd consider life orb instead

485.gif
@ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 172 Sp.Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Physically Defensive Heatran is pretty good, can sponge hits from all sorts of Pokemon. Can easily switch into any Fire move with Flash Fire, and resists Dragonite's main set down below. This is mostly my sandstorm cover, with Air Balloon, yet I may replace Heatran with Skarmory because Skarm sponges basically every hit from all Sandstorm Abusers. You tell me if I should switch!
Pretty good set, but if you are going for a phazing set, I suggest roar. The EVs give a more even defensive spread.

534.gif
@ Leftovers
EVs: / 252 Atk / 252 SDef /4 HP
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Typical Conkeldurr set, can take a lot of Special hits and hit back hard with STAB Drain Punch and recover the damage off, has a pretty good priority STAB in Mach Punch, and takes care of Physic types with Payback. Doesn't mind status either, his attack reaches 624 with any type of status. Bulk Up also helps him get boosts and give him more power and more defense. He is the Physical Tank of this team.
You want to max sp.def with this set

149.gif
@ Leftovers
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Fire Punch

This is the Physical Sweeper. Best Dragon ever, discounting Garchomp. RIP Garchomp. His ability is probably the best ability in the metagame right now, and lets him live basically any hit and hit back after a DD. His attacking moves of Dragon Claw and Fire Punch hit almost everything neutral except Heatran, which resists/immune to both with Flash Fire. If I am getting below about half health, I can use Roost and stall easily and get back to Multiscale then hit hard again and again. It has 670 Attack after 2 DD's, and 518 Speed after 2 DD's. Outspeeds everything basically except scarfers and TR users, hits everything hard. Swag.
Same old, same old.

385.gif
@ King's rock Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp.Def
- Thunder wave
- Iron Head
- Wish
- U-turn

This is my Special Wall, with 100/100/100 defenses, its pretty bulky. Of course I have the Body Slam-Iron Head combo, for Para-Flinching and being an annoyance. This is also a Wish Support set, with U-turn also so I can easily pass wishes off. Beast Pokemon
Thunder-wave is much more reliable than body slam, and will actually allow you to do what Jirachi does to ghost types. If you really want to run it as a special wall, go for it, but I suggest a more even defensive EV spread. King's rock is neccessary to, well, make it haxier.

479-W.gif
@ Choice Scarf
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

This is the last Pokemon of my team, Scrotom-W. This is a bastard to deal with for other people who aren't prepared for it, can be used as a lead with Volt Switch to scout out other Pokemon. I hit almost every Sand abuser hard, with Hydro Pump, and can take out some Rain abusers with T-bolt. Trick is for those pesky walls like Blissey, and Pokemon that are taunt-bait can be crippled very very easily.
Good

K, well this is the end of my retired team. Might be posting on Smogon, so yea. Swag.
Changes in bold

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Ok, so this was the first successful team I have ever used. I don't really have any rankings, but this team peaked at 1467 on PBC on PO. (People on PBC kinda suck). Anyway, this team started off as Thundurus, Ferrothorn, Blaziken, Garchomp, Umbreon and Starmie, with only ONE member staying the same. In fact, the original RMT I posted for this is over here http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=525083&highlight=Thundurus+Lead Yes I was a n00b when I made this team, but changed stuff out and got better with competitive over time. This team will not be useful anymore due to Thundurus may being banned, so I have decided to retire this team.

642.gif
485.gif
534.gif
149.gif
385.gif
479-W.gif

642.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Grass Knot

Thundurus is pretty awesome, but I honestly don't think it'll get banned. Well, wait, it gets Grass Knot... Speaking of which, I suggest it, possibly over HPIce. Standard possibility.

485.gif
@ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Standard-ish, Physical is pretty much less preffered over Special because of the different moves aimed at it, but whatever. It's fine.

534.gif
@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Why do people put more SDef and less HP in this guy? Boost against Physical hits, otherwise Heatran will die often. Just switch out of things with Special Moves, because they'd normally force you out anyway.

149.gif
@ Leftovers
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Fire Punch

Sweeper DNite? Wierd, but it works 'cause of it's bulk and Fire Punch-ness. You could try Trollnite, or sometimes called "Parashuffler". But it looks good anyway.

385.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
- Body SlamThunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Wish
- U-turn

Pretty standard, you could use TWave for Ghosts, as mosty of them are Special, so yeah.

479-W.gif
@ Choice Scarf
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

This is the last Pokemon of my team, Scrotom-W. This is a bastard to deal with for other people who aren't prepared for it, can be used as a lead with Volt Switch to scout out other Pokemon. I hit almost every Sand abuser hard, with Hydro Pump, and can take out some Rain abusers with T-bolt. Trick is for those pesky walls like Blissey, and Pokemon that are taunt-bait can be crippled very very easily. Standard.

Well-built. Not really any problems, just a couple fixes and thoughts. Bold comments.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
On Jirachi, maybe King's Rock? And Adamant or Jolly?

I need the Sp. Defense, King's Rock is banned (I think)

Kings rock is banned
I like your team alot but maybe give heatran fire blast
Competitive= fire blast>flamethrower
The power is needed

No, the power isn't needed. the accuracy is needed.

Changes in bold

This is meant for a lead sweep. Focus Sash lets me get 1-2 NP's up and sweep.
I am not going for a phazing set, and mixed defenses suck. I'll see about that I guess.
No, Max Sp. D does not help because I can't take all around hits as well.
Doesn't matter much, that's small and I don't use this team much anymore.

Well-built. Not really any problems, just a couple fixes and thoughts. Bold comments.

No LO. Like what I said before ^^^. I haven't seen one Gastrodon for awhile anyways, no need for GK.
Conkeldurr's set is taken off of Smogon, so they have their reasons. There is probably something I didn't read that lets me take certain hits idk.
Sweeper Dnite is surprisingly successful. Trust me
The Jirachi thing won't really matter. I barely use this team.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
bumppppp

10char