• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RIP Whitney Houston...

Nyter

Island Challenger
Whitney Houston dies at age 48
Cause and location of death unknown .
Her publicist confirmed the news.

Whitney Houston was a grammy winning singer who amazed the entire world with her voice.
She was born august 9th, 1963 in Newark, New Jersey.

Her career derailed due to drug abuse. Her legacy will continue.
RIP Whitney. More news to come.

Discuss...

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
My Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.
RIP Whitney

She was a really great singer, and I loved much of her music.

Manchee

extra toasty
Blahhh I hate when celebrities die. ;; And they all seem so young all the time, it's so sad. I hope she's at peace now, wherever she is.

RickHoenn

Banned
This is so sad, my radio station is playing "I Will Always Love You" right now, legendary song.

RIP Whitney Houston. :(

Nyter

Island Challenger
Whitney Houston was/is loved by many.
Even Osama Bin Laden loved her so much he threatened to bomb Bobby Brown and possibly have Whitney as his own (True story)...

Lord Vrael

Nomnomnom
I'm almost crying right now
She was one of my favorites, and always will be
It seems most people on Facebook don't know her, and I'm extremely saddened by that. She was like the female Michael Jackson...
Also, I find it ironic that this is my first post lol. Though I can't be surprised

She had such an amazing voice, and I will always remember her music for it's good.
It is sad that Whitney houston is gone now, my regrets to her family, her fans, and the music industry.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
This is really sad; I've always had a soft spot for Whitney, and her voice was absolutely phenomenal. Deepest condolences to her friends and family. The music industry has lost a superstar today.

RIP.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Cause of death unknown? I think we all know what happened.

Still, it's a shame. She had a beautiful, beautiful voice and a wonderful range making her the most talented singer of her time, and she had to marry a drug addict. Drugs really do destroy dreams. The poor woman. The consequences of it were rather sudden, though. She is still technically young, but she messed herself up rather badly. At least her suffering's over.

To think she's a few years older than my parents, and her daughter's my age. My parents weren't that surprised she died, but seeing as Mom really loved her music, she was a bit somber when I told her the news. She's always called it a shame she went down that path.

My condolences to her family, they need it right now.

indigohex

I found out early this afternoon (Melbourne, Australia time). It is a sad day for music. Ninemsn is reporting that she partied hard on the night before her death (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8418030), but at the current time the cause of her death is unknown.

Condolences to her family and friends at this time.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I found out early this afternoon (Melbourne, Australia time). It is a sad day for music. Ninemsn is reporting that she partied hard on the night before her death (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8418030), but at the current time the cause of her death is unknown.

Condolences to her family and friends at this time.

I was watching ABC News 24 when I heard about this. Nick Dole (an ABC News 24 newsreader) was also interviewing Glenn A. Baker on how Houston will be remembered and also compared the death to that of Michael Jackson.

Atari

Did it on 'em
I heard it during the basketball game tonight. It's very upsetting. We were comparing hers to Amy Winehouse's death. I wonder if this year will be like a couple years ago where a lot of famous people pass away

PikaCrazy

Pikapuff Trainer
Sad that Whitney Houston died at a young age. My mother I were shocked when we heard the news. She was very talented and had such a beautiful voice. Since I was little I loved her music and one of my all time favorite songs that she sung is "Jesus Loves Me".

My condolences go out to her family and friends. She will be truly missed.

R.I.P. Whitney Houston
August 9, 1963 - February 11, 2012

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
shes one of my fave singers...and I was just listening to her songs loud as in the class all last 2 weeks ago :c
So sad tho ;-;! May rest in peace, Whitney.........nya~

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
R.I.P Whitney Houston and her amazing voice
I found out around 10 mins after she died on facebook

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I'm in shock, woke up this morning to find out that Whitney had passed, its truly devastating. So so young. But I'll always remember such a powerful voices. "One moment in time" is one of the most inspirational songs I know and I can't get enough of it.I'm still hoping that this isn't true, even though it is. It really gets to me that celebrities die so young. R.I.P Whitney, you were taken too young, but you were loved.