• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rising Fire! More Than One Rival!! (1079)

Aleh

«Last Hope»
This episode was great. The animation is stellar wow.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Glad Gladion won against Kiwae. Ash vs Guzma seems to be decent as it goes yet I'll personally root for Guzma although I doubt he'll win. Didn't get what was the point of Scizor's U-Turn to be honest. Probably need to watch the sub for that.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
With the preview for next week's episode though, I'm worried about how Pikachu will manage given that he's struggled against Golisopod before. Hopefully, we don't get a deus ex machina out of nowhere like the Pikashunium-Z or something like that...
Actually, I could see Pikashunium Z not only happening here, but leading eventually into why it happens.

It all goes back to Tapu Koko. Who first saw Ash battling Team Skull and took an interest in him? Tapu Koko. Who gave Ash a Z-Ring and Electrium Z, and even taught him how to activate it? Tapu Koko. Who swapped out Hala's Fightinium Z for an Electrium Z when Ash beat the Melemele Grand Trial? Tapu Koko. Who's been consistently testing Ash and Pikachu to see how far they've come with their Gigavolt Havoc? Tapu Koko. Who upgraded Ash's Z-Ring to a Z-Power Ring? All the tapu, but if memory serves, it was Tapu Koko's idea and the other tapu simply followed his lead. And what only started happening after the Z-Ring was upgraded by the tapu? Pikashunium Z.

I think some great calamity is about to befall Alola. Possibly greater than even the Necrozma crisis. Something that could interrupt either the finals, the exhibition battle against the Masked Royal, or the closing ceremony. And I think Tapu Koko either sees it coming or simply has a gut feeling that it's coming. What exactly it is, I can't say. Maybe Ultra Necrozma somehow goes crazy and must be stopped? Maybe another Guzzlord comes through an Ultra Wormhole, possibly this one being Shiny? Maybe Team Rocket redoubles their efforts? Hell, could be something completely different. The point being, I think Tapu Koko knows something's coming, maybe has even known this since the first S/M episode. I think he saw Ash taking on Team Skull and saw in him the potential to be the one to stop this threat. Or at least, to help him stop this threat.

I don't think Pikashunium Z or 10,000,000-Volt Thunderbolt is meant to be the final product, the culmination of all that Tapu Koko's been doing for Ash. I think it's simply a way he can gauge how far Ash and Pikachu have come. I think that Tapu Koko will see the Z-Crystal transform, see Pikachu pull off 10,000,000-Volt Thunderbolt either during this battle or at some point in the finals (because remember, Tapu Koko has yet to actually see that happen), and he will realize from that that Ash is ready.

The calamity, whatever it is, starts. Big panic, main characters doing what they can to save the others, whether as the Ultra Guardians or otherwise, whichever befits the situation more. Ash and the others are all battling the big bad, but nothing seems to be working. Then Tapu Koko appears before Ash, gives him a special Z-Crystal. The Tapunium Z. That- that will be the culmination of what Tapu Koko has been preparing Ash for. To be able to help one of the tapu pull off their signature Z-Move, one must surely be a truly unique and powerful individual. In the games, after all, you get the Tapunium Z after catching Tapu Koko, which happens after you become an island challenge champion and Alola's first Pokémon League champion. Once Tapu Koko sees 10,000,000-Volt Thunderbolt, that's when he knows Ash is really ready to be able to wield the Tapunium Z. And they established very early on that Tapu Koko does know Nature's Madness, too, so he's got what he needs on his end.

The battle resumes. Tapu Koko, for the third time, teaches Ash the poses to activate a Z-Crystal. Ash follows Tapu Koko's lead. Tapu Koko surrounds itself with its Z-Power and unleashes its full-force Z-Move; Guardian of Alola. Tapu Koko does what the others could not, and while it doesn't finish off whatever they're facing, it greatly weakens it to the point where battling it normally is actually feasible, and together, they finish it off, quite possibly involving Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

...But getting back to what you said, it doesn't even need to be Pikashunium Z. Pretty sure Ash'll have it a little easier this time if he actually goes for a super effective Z-Move instead of pulling out Corkscrew Crash against a Water-type.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I really liked this episode. I'm a sucker for when Ash's rivals interact with his friends. Now Gladion has two rivals in Ash and Kiawe. And in 20 years a love interest in Hoshi lmao

Scizor got OHKO'd by a x4 SE move. Somewhere in Oak's Lab Torterra got a severe case of the giggles.

I also noticed that Primarina was really focused on Torracat's match with Golisopod. She wants REVENGE. Luckily Torracat mastered Revenge for her Revenge. Somewhere in Unova, Burgundy got hot flashes.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Kiawe deserved better. Gladion should not be allowed to change types IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ATTACK. Why don't people just bring Full Restores, that would make...the writers' budget blow up, but still.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked the ending of Kaki versus Gladio since it was what I expected in terms of who the winner was, and the animation looked great. Satoshi versus Guzma amused me given how Hassam lost so quickly after being sent out. Nyaheat really delivered this time, and he deserved it.

giancor

Terrocat is a king! and Ash is such a boss. they just showed the girls how its done lol

Nice episode. Amazing animation as always. Pokemon Sun & Moon has the best animation in the pokemon series tbh. Also the storytelling is impressive

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Actually, I could see Pikashunium Z not only happening here, but leading eventually into why it happens.

It all goes back to Tapu Koko. Who first saw Ash battling Team Skull and took an interest in him? Tapu Koko. Who gave Ash a Z-Ring and Electrium Z, and even taught him how to activate it? Tapu Koko. Who swapped out Hala's Fightinium Z for an Electrium Z when Ash beat the Melemele Grand Trial? Tapu Koko. Who's been consistently testing Ash and Pikachu to see how far they've come with their Gigavolt Havoc? Tapu Koko. Who upgraded Ash's Z-Ring to a Z-Power Ring? All the tapu, but if memory serves, it was Tapu Koko's idea and the other tapu simply followed his lead. And what only started happening after the Z-Ring was upgraded by the tapu? Pikashunium Z.

I think some great calamity is about to befall Alola. Possibly greater than even the Necrozma crisis. Something that could interrupt either the finals, the exhibition battle against the Masked Royal, or the closing ceremony. And I think Tapu Koko either sees it coming or simply has a gut feeling that it's coming. What exactly it is, I can't say. Maybe Ultra Necrozma somehow goes crazy and must be stopped? Maybe another Guzzlord comes through an Ultra Wormhole, possibly this one being Shiny? Maybe Team Rocket redoubles their efforts? Hell, could be something completely different. The point being, I think Tapu Koko knows something's coming, maybe has even known this since the first S/M episode. I think he saw Ash taking on Team Skull and saw in him the potential to be the one to stop this threat. Or at least, to help him stop this threat.

I don't think Pikashunium Z or 10,000,000-Volt Thunderbolt is meant to be the final product, the culmination of all that Tapu Koko's been doing for Ash. I think it's simply a way he can gauge how far Ash and Pikachu have come. I think that Tapu Koko will see the Z-Crystal transform, see Pikachu pull off 10,000,000-Volt Thunderbolt either during this battle or at some point in the finals (because remember, Tapu Koko has yet to actually see that happen), and he will realize from that that Ash is ready.

The calamity, whatever it is, starts. Big panic, main characters doing what they can to save the others, whether as the Ultra Guardians or otherwise, whichever befits the situation more. Ash and the others are all battling the big bad, but nothing seems to be working. Then Tapu Koko appears before Ash, gives him a special Z-Crystal. The Tapunium Z. That- that will be the culmination of what Tapu Koko has been preparing Ash for. To be able to help one of the tapu pull off their signature Z-Move, one must surely be a truly unique and powerful individual. In the games, after all, you get the Tapunium Z after catching Tapu Koko, which happens after you become an island challenge champion and Alola's first Pokémon League champion. Once Tapu Koko sees 10,000,000-Volt Thunderbolt, that's when he knows Ash is really ready to be able to wield the Tapunium Z. And they established very early on that Tapu Koko does know Nature's Madness, too, so he's got what he needs on his end.

The battle resumes. Tapu Koko, for the third time, teaches Ash the poses to activate a Z-Crystal. Ash follows Tapu Koko's lead. Tapu Koko surrounds itself with its Z-Power and unleashes its full-force Z-Move; Guardian of Alola. Tapu Koko does what the others could not, and while it doesn't finish off whatever they're facing, it greatly weakens it to the point where battling it normally is actually feasible, and together, they finish it off, quite possibly involving Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

...But getting back to what you said, it doesn't even need to be Pikashunium Z. Pretty sure Ash'll have it a little easier this time if he actually goes for a super effective Z-Move instead of pulling out Corkscrew Crash against a Water-type.
Now that I think of it, while we may not be able to see all Z-moves, I do believe we'll end up seeing most poses, the only poses left are Psychic, Fairy, and Poison, and while I don't think the last one will be seen, U.Necrozium and Tapunium could work for the other 2

DatsRight

The discs I just accept as being Silvally's gimmick, like Meltan's metal eating. It just seems more spurious at face value because Silvally is man made and thus its gimmick comes off like a gadget of sorts.

In hindsight I think it's a shame the anime didn't delve much into Silvally's creation process.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Can someone translate Gladion’s and Kiawe’s conversation after Kiawe lost? Also gotta love Ash’s adoptive mom cheering for him xD
Good to know at least one mom cares (I'll never not be mad about you, Delia, you denatured). Eh, didn't find the episode big thing. I hope the second part make me change my mind.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Has a Z move worked once this entire League? I swear why even use them at this point A they do nothing but deplete the Pokemons stamina