• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rival Destinies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
I like the song, really. I'm also intrigued by the fact they've already received the Unfezant episode. I always knew they were ahead for a certain amount of episodes but I never really knew how much ahead.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Not bad for an opening made up only of episode clips. The song isn't the best they've done, but it's not like horribly terrible either, so okay.

Both those spoiler clips look like they're from the episode that's going to air next week, which means TPCI get the episodes at least a week in advance compared to the japanese airing. Which means they probably have at least the first part of the Plasma two-parter... But this isn't the Plasma thread, so let's not talk about that!

G50

No longer posting
The opening is ok... I only like it slightly better than the 1st opening.

It's nice to see a couple of spoiler shots in the opening.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
when did this air on tv?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I've listened to the song a few times now, and I really like it. Its got a nice ring to it. The clips kinda make me really miss watching Pokemon on a Saturday night on youtube after I finish work. I had a little routine and everything. I guess the old BW opening didn't have the actual anime clips in it, so it didn't make me miss it at all. But you know what, I'm going to give BW another try (for the third time). First things first, whenever Iris says "such a kid" I just gotta image she said something else like "I found a quid" or "Have you met Sid?" shouldn't annoy me as much as it does.

Also, I like that they are having a guy and girl singing, but really they need to get a better male vocal to match the female. Who ever the female singer is, she's great. The guy, not so much. Was it the guy who sang Gotta Catch 'em all?

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Uh, wow. I refuse to believe more than half an hour was spent slapping this footage together. Not only does it not flow well, but the cutting is sloppy and the scene selection both illogical and lazy - whomever threw this together couldn't even be bothered to find scenes where the characters aren't talking. This is the laziest and most unimpressive thing the dub has ever associated itself with - I doubt it'll happen, but I certainly hope they'll treat this embarassment as a temporary placeholder and make a new version with different footage once there's a new Japanese opening to lift from.

The song is ok enough. Not amazing, but at least it's upbeat, the recent bunch have been much too slow.

halloweenghost

ok..to you peeps claiming they added spoilers.. i'll post a bit of what i posted in the episode discussion..

Not bad of an episiode... Shame Japan did not make a new opening for Best Wishes, as i knew the new openign would just be spliced clips, but i'm glad I miss seeing anime style clips of the gang and friends, the Best wishes opening was ok but I didn't really care much for the CG pokemon moving around.

and the clips of episodes not aired in japan,... seriously..is it that much a mystery,.. They wanted to use clips of gym leaders for the opening nd used them just because an episode has not aired in japan yet means that america does not have there hands on it to be dubbed or edited. i'm sure the skyla episodes where finished in japan a logn time ago.. and seeing unfezent, not sure how that was a spoiler -_- it's just a few clips of pokemon to those who are not already spoiled.., they could be any pokemon if you did not know about it before hand..it;s only a spoiler, (which it is not since you know..you have prehand knowledge of it) if say it actually showed ash throw his pokeball and see it come out... to those who do not know about it before hand... they are oblivious, making it,,,not a spoiler..

(I'll add on here) and yes..thoguh the clips do show alot of ash's future team.. I don't think it wa ment to represent his team since crustle is there.. i think it is ment to just show scenes of pokemon that turned out to be his team. to be honest everyone here saying it was a spoiler...is the one doing the spoiling... are we not suppost to not talk about spoilers outside of the spoiler sections?

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I liked the opening, it may have been just episode clips (even things that haven't aired in Japanese yet) but I liked the fact it wasn't CGI like the 14th season opening.

There were spoilers for dub viewers though, such as Unfezant, Crustle, Skyla, Kami trio etc.

halloweenghost

I liked the opening, it may have been just episode clips (even things that haven't aired in Japanese yet) but I liked the fact it wasn't CGI like the 14th season opening.

There were spoilers for dub viewers though, such as Unfezant, Crustle, Skyla, Kami trio etc.

as i said in my post,..not really. it's only spoilers to those who know ahead of time.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I like that so many characters appear in a short, high-energy blast. But I feel like they've gone a bit far with the spoilers considering they're quite a way off from some of them and they essentially spoil (or heavily hint at) almost every major development that's coming for the next 20 or so episodes. That's almost five months worth of storylines, and many of those evolutions happen at times which would be surprising for any unknowing viewer. Although I do have to point out that Palpitoad, Scraggy and Swadloon are all absent from the rapid-fire montage of Ash's pokemon; I would have thought that they'd appear. It's a real shame that we can't have a longer opening which features just a few more from BW's rather large cast.

Cobalt_Latios

Lyrics aside (I'll learn them later, meh), I'm as shocked as everyone that they're using material from episodes that haven't even aired out East yet. Then again, with TPCi continuing to improve on their treatment of the dub, I guess that's actually a good thing? Hard to know for sure, but that's how I see it.

Otherwise, is Rival Destinies as good a subtitle as it could be? Not saying it doesn't suit it, just something I'd thought about.

I was curious to see how they'd handle the opening considering the Japanese version doesn't even have a new intro. Then again, don't they change the opening a lot later than the dubbed version?

Eh, I'm sort of overthinking this. Theme isn't bad, could be a lot worse, and it's the middle theme (sort of), so odds are the next one will be a bit better.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Both those spoiler clips look like they're from the episode that's going to air next week, which means TPCI get the episodes at least a week in advance compared to the japanese airing. Which means they probably have at least the first part of the Plasma two-parter... But this isn't the Plasma thread, so let's not talk about that!

I believe it's been confirmed PCI actually has and did dub the banned episodes, in fact.

Also, I like that they are having a guy and girl singing, but really they need to get a better male vocal to match the female. Who ever the female singer is, she's great. The guy, not so much. Was it the guy who sang Gotta Catch 'em all?

The singers are Alex Nackman and Kathryn Raio, who each sang one version of Follow Your Star for the Victini movies.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I believe it's been confirmed PCI actually has and did dub the banned episodes, in fact.

The singers are Alex Nackman and Kathryn Raio, who each sang one version of Follow Your Star for the Victini movies.

First thing: Source please?

Second thing: That's pretty cool. You know, I kinda like how they're using male-female duets for the theme songs this season. It fits with the whole yin-yang theme BW's got going on. It's a nice touch.

Also, to everyone who's talking about the spoiler thing: This isn't significantly more spoiler-y than the new ED in japan, really.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
First thing: Source please?

I am reluctant to name the source because I believe there may have been a request on their part to remain unattached to it. If someone else who received the information wants to reveal who it is, I won't stop them, but I will tell you that it's a reliable source who regularly provides correct information.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I despise the song but love the fact some evolution spoilers were in it. Though they left out 2 not gonna say it. What also shocked me was the skyla and Unfenzant shots that haven't aired in Japan yet.

Turtlemaster

why we all surprised that theres are clips from episodes way ahead. its not like its never been done before. the first series had ash, misty, brock and pikachu jumping behind the rock to hide from charizards attack. charizard didn't even appear until 44 episodes after it aired.

Status
Not open for further replies.