• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rival Destinies

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelldude400

Well considering the show isn't due to air in english for a while still, the Unfezant and Skyla shots will be shown by then. Japan have made the episode and everything, they just haven't sent it to air yet :)
Spoilers: Some people like them, others don't. I don't mind seeing them, as it gets my hype up ;D
Sadly there was nothing about (Certain Evolved Pokemon) shown, so we can't see even how they're gonna evolve yet xD

Haunter ゴースト

^

What people mean is, they're surprised that TPCI have received an episode (and other episodes up to that point) with Unfeazant which even the Japanese haven't had yet.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
^

What people mean is, they're surprised that TPCI have received an episode (and other episodes up to that point) with Unfeazant which even the Japanese haven't had yet.

It's to build up hype for the younger fanbase.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I despise the song but love the fact some evolution spoilers were in it. Though they left out 2 not gonna say it. What also shocked me was the skyla and Unfenzant shots that haven't aired in Japan yet.

That specific clip was from "Island of the Giant Pokemon", which wasn't too far in. The latest clips they used in that first opening were from the Sabrina arc.

As spoilerific as this opening is, they've had worse. Some of the Hoenn/Battle Frontier openings spoiled things which wouldn't happen for a very long time, including May's Battle Frontier team with Squirtle and Munchlax being shown before Ash had even won his seventh Hoenn League badge!

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I am reluctant to name the source because I believe there may have been a request on their part to remain unattached to it. If someone else who received the information wants to reveal who it is, I won't stop them, but I will tell you that it's a reliable source who regularly provides correct information.

... Well, that's totally not suspicious at all. :/ I'm sorry, but this just sounds like the rumours that 4Kids dubbed those banned Kanto episodes (the Porygon and Safari zone ones) - mostly wishful thinking.

why we all surprised that theres are clips from episodes way ahead. its not like its never been done before. the first series had ash, misty, brock and pikachu jumping behind the rock to hide from charizards attack. charizard didn't even appear until 44 episodes after it aired.

That was the fake Charizard from episode 17.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
The new intro and theme is cooler then the first but why is the title screen still only displayed for half a second?

charizardmaster125

I wasn’t sure whether to do a separate thread for this post but it is on topic so here are some alternate lyrics that I dreamt up last night for RD, I think they fit well with the tune, also note that it’s referred as in the First Person and references Ash and the revival of an old slogan for nostalgias sake. Try singing it with the song and see what you think. :)

A new adventure.
A fresh new start.
Another Challenge to come my way.
It’s up to me and you.
I know what I’ve got to do.

I came from Pallet Town.
Got to Catch em’ all!
What ever comes my way, I won’t run away.
Standing here, I’ll say right now...
I will do my best...

Pokémon!

(Put’s Flame Shield on :cool:)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Pokemon theme songs recently have been dumb. But I like that the title questions the show. I hope more of the rivals show up. Making the show better.

I know it's been said before, but it would be much easier if they just dubbed the Japanese songs in English. It would make coming up with lyrics much much easier, plus they would have a much higher fan approval.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The only problem with the opening is that, like the other TCPi openings is that it's too short.

30 seconds? This is barely a song. It's more of a teaser.

I know it's been said before, but it would be much easier if they just dubbed the Japanese songs in English. It would make coming up with lyrics much much easier, plus they would have a much higher fan approval.

I'm a fan, and I don't approve.

Dubbed or not, the other fans would just whine about how the singer isn't as good as the Japanese version singer was, or whatever.

Honeyichigo

The manliest

Yeah, no. I have never heard a dubbed song that didn't sound horribly awkward. It's just too much hassle to try and translate the lyrics in a way that matches the tune and tempo of the song without sounding unnatural; better to just write a new song that catches the meaning of the original. Not to mention that the japanese openings are longer than the dub can allow for, due to the longer commercial breaks - or maybe you'd rather they took that extra minute out of the episode itself?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
... Well, that's totally not suspicious at all. :/ I'm sorry, but this just sounds like the rumours that 4Kids dubbed those banned Kanto episodes (the Porygon and Safari zone ones) - mostly wishful thinking.

If you don't believe me, fine, it's your choice. It's not like it really matters, though, because whether they're dubbed or not right now, we're not going to see them.

The 4Kids rumor came from the actual staff at the time. Maddie Blaustein was the source of at least one of them. I've never actually heard those conclusively debunked.

STICKTOPIA

I love this and it shows evolved pokemon and Krokorok! I like this a lot better than the last 1!

Nyter

Island Challenger
I'm tired of soft rock themes... Time to go dubstep or house.

"Pokemon in the house, Pokemon in the house, Pokemon in the HOUSE...

I'm going to Unova!"

And like Ash and Cilan start fist pumping... So cool!

xXdArKvOidXx

Sceptile Slayer
It would be awesome for ash to get a Dragon type and then Iris will be all like "gimme your pokemon" but Ash needs to get at least a Samurrot and or Serperior

Status
Not open for further replies.