• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rival Feature unfair to beginners?

Eileen

Queen of Orudoran
As I used the Rival Feature on Mario Kart DS, I got 2 experienced users which putted me at a disavantage. Although I mastered some or most of the skill needed, my kart was too slow (I haven't got the third ones yet).

This feature is completely unfair because even though it says that you are racing people with the same skill as you, it's not true at all.

Do you think that the Rival feature needs to be fixed?

Manato

Why did I delete you
To my knowledge, it actually matches up your Win-Loss ratio to other people. You will always get matched up to people that have the same W-L ration as you. It doesn't actually match up skill. It's possible you can become extremly skilled in the game before connecting online, and you get matched up with newbies that aren't quite your level.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Manato said:
To my knowledge, it actually matches up your Win-Loss ratio to other people. You will always get matched up to people that have the same W-L ration as you. It doesn't actually match up skill. It's possible you can become extremly skilled in the game before connecting online, and you get matched up with newbies that aren't quite your level.

Yes, that is a correct statement. I didn't have Wi-Fi for a while, infact I got it a few days ago and not to sound big headed but I have only come across about two people that use powerslides and can beat me. I beat a few staff times before I used Wi-Fi too, along with NOM's times (UK magazine). Possibly when others are not as good.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
You are correct on that. I have encountered people who have like 3 stars and better carts then what I have in that mode - its not fair.

It does need to be reworked. Now all I do is Regional, Worldwide, and Friends mode so it doesnt matter to me much anymore.

~Scott;299;

I got matched with people in one race
W-113 L-7
W-31 L-83
W-64 L-42

I dont know how many i have but still thats not the same Win and loss level

ForeverFlygon

Coconut Grunt (TM)
It's the same Win/Loss ratio, however it could be so that not enough people were located.
Judai Yuki said:
W-113 L-7
W-31 L-83
W-64 L-42
If you really chose Friends, I'm scared by that.