• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rival Pokemon

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
Within the Pokemon games, there are some deliberate, obvious rivalries such as Zangoose vs. Seviper and Groudon vs. Kyogre. However, there are also less obvious rivalries. For example...

Ralts is attracted to and energized by positive emotions, while Shuppet feeds off of negative emotions.

Or...

Tyranitar destroys mountains and rivers when it rampages. Aggron claims an entire mountain as its territory, keeps its environment it top condition, and mercilessly attacks anyone who threatens its territory.

Basically, post any ideas that you have for two Pokemon who would automatically come into conflict, even though they're not "official" rivals.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Zoroark and Stoutland...Fox and the Hound XD lol

Seriously though, I look up some pokedex entries later and see what I can find

Rogue-3

Along those same lines, cat and dog pokemon (think Persian and Arcanine) probably wouldn't get along.

EonDragonFTW

Heatmor the anteater and Durant the..... Ant
yeah, don't need to explain this one

Mincinno and Trubbish
One's meticulously clean, the other's garbage.
Substitute any of the following for Trubbish:
Koffing, Grimer, Wooper, Stunfisk, Barboach.

Ver-mont

Gyarados and Milotic, since one seeks to destroy and the other seeks to soothe.

Ahah pokemon eating pokemon would be a bit weird, wouldn't it?

Except Pokémon do eat Pokémon, just like animal species prey on each other.

Koffing/Weezing and practically every Fire or Electric type, since they'd explode. Grimer/Muk and Fire types, since they'd ignite.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I personally think Riolu/Lucario and Mienfoo/Mienshao. They both seem like they'd fight.

rocky505

Hitmonchan vs Hitmonlee vs Hitmontop, which way of fighting is superior?

Jinvaani

Electabuzz and Scyther after the animé episode 42 'Showdown at Dark City' in which the two rival gyms fight each other (and get covered in ketchup) :D
;125;;123;

Taurus and Geodude