• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rivals for Goh?! The Road to Mew!! (1157)

Ern5NYhW4AA59wu.jpg

J. D. Guy

When the first project mew trailer released, someone subbed it. When Tsurugi saves them from Regice and talks to them near the campfire, it's then that he says it to Goh.
I'm starting to think I may have missed that trailer after all. Hmm.

Still, I wonder if he's really saying Goh is disqualified under the context of capturing Suicune? I'm not sure. Gotta wait for the episode itself, since I admit to still being confused as to where the thought process is coming from.

I think Ash and Goh caught in considering Goh caught Suicune which is what Oak thought made him eligible. Maybe they will bring up them being darkest day heroes too. However I think when they are in, they do missteps that causes them to fall out of grace in Tsurugi's eyes so when he rescues them he disqualifies them. Makes for very interesting plot, conflict and characters if that's true, something this series sorely needed
Ah, I see. I think I'm starting to get what you're thought process is coming from now.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So was I the only one triggered by the fact that Goh tried to catch Pokemons who probably were on the grounds of Oak's lab, and thus would likely already belong to someone else ?
Well, considering that never happened, probably. Also, where was it said that all the Lab Pokemon have Trainers? There's well over a hundred living there.

TheNewGuy

So awesome to see Infernape back, I was hyped for all the moves. Hopefully it's a tease for something greater. I think it's interesting that they went out of their way to give him some focus.

Obviously beating Moltres would have been perfect but that seemed unlikely once I saw the summary. Infernape surviving and standing tall while Blastoise got killed despite the type advantage does say a lot though.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So was I the only one triggered by the fact that Goh tried to catch Pokemons who probably were on the grounds of Oak's lab, and thus would likely already belong to someone else ?
I think that Oak's Lab is a like a Wildlife Sanctuary, which has both Trainer and Wild Pokemon. The Trainer Pokemon stay more closer to the Lab though.

Also, we don't really know if the area in which Goh tried to capture Pokemons were actually part of Oak's Lab or not.

So awesome to see Infernape back, I was hyped for all the moves. Hopefully it's a tease for something greater.
Doubt it, considering the low focus it got in the episode.
Yeah it was mentioned a lot, and even got to battle.

But truthfully the whole episode was more about showcasing Goh's mood and emotions.

As for Infernape, it only got focus to make viewers relate to DP Saga more, as DP remakes are going to be released (plus we should be getting some big new news in a few days).

So awesome to see Infernape back, I was hyped for all the moves. Hopefully it's a tease for something greater. I think it's interesting that they went out of their way to give him some focus.

Obviously beating Moltres would have been perfect but that seemed unlikely once I saw the summary. Infernape surviving and standing tall while Blastoise got killed despite the type advantage does say a lot though.
That moltres seemed too strong

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Of course the worst thing to happen to the anime would make a brief appearance. I know they still refuse to acknowledge how awful it was to its Pokemon, given that they made an expy of it for the Pokemon Ping Pong thing back in SM.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Bulbasaur has every mon there under his foot he just inserts himself into the fire type only group
These Pokémon are all under his watch do when a lost lamb strays from the flock he worries, so when he returns he's happy

Decidueye23

You know, I'm starting to think this episode was great for a lot of people because of the following:

1) Putting Infernape (randomly) in the spotlight, which brought forth all those DP flashbacks, which was an era that almost everyone agrees was the best saga.
2) Goh failing to do anything worthwhile and truly behaving like a third wheel (by this saga's standards, this is strangely very odd).

I wouldn't put Gary as another good thing since his stuff was more Charizard stuff when said dragon was stupidly relegated to background material for...some reason. It's almost as if him using Electivire was a replacement for Paul being around. Makes one wonder if this episode should have been Charizard-focused because it would have made muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more sense than Infernape.

Though it's going to be somewhat hilarious that people will go back to disliking Journeys because the next episodes sure aren't even Ash-focused or call for DP flashbacks and before then.
Yeah. I thought so too. It would have made more sense if it was Charizard here considering that Blastoise was taking part in the battle. But infernape didnt do much either. So whatever i guess lol.

Also i dont think People have gone back to liking journeys lol. They just liked one episode. Its going to take a lot more for the overall opinion to change.
Why is Satoshi’s poor writing Gou’s fault and not just Satoshi having poor writing lawl
Honestly i dont think when someone implies its Goh's fault, they literally mean Goh. He is a fictional character. So anything attributed to him is really attributed to the writing behind him. So when someone says why is Goh doing this it really means why are the writers making Goh do this. And i guess the writers are dileberately not writing much for Ash, because then it would be too hard for them to sell the whole "Ash and Goh" are equals idea.

Rune Knight

I like that this episode kind of confirms that the pokémon residing at the lab are not confined there and are free to leave and roam around as they please.

A lot of people have this concurrent belief that trainers tend to trap their pokémon and leave them for dead which is heavily suggested to not be the case. I don't even believe it to be so in the games.

Pokémon can leave their pokeballs, leave their trainers (like Froakie), but choose not to mostly out of genuine love. There are cases where the pokémon probably feel like they're forced to stay and abide by their trainers approval (like Paul and Chimchar), but in the case of Ash I would tend to believe that they're happy.

In the Pokémon world it is probably illegal to keep a Pokémon against its will, which I guess is what separates trainers from evil organizations like TR.

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

Yeah it says a lot that none of infernape’s moves did anything to the moltres before it had to back off from the injury and did nothing, while blastoise picked up the slack and actually pushed it back a bit.