• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rivals for Goh?! The Road to Mew!! (1157)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

UnovaMaster

Wow that was boring. Unlike many of you I don’t do backflips when 1% continuity is given. It’s a strange insecurity in the pokemon fandom that’s just weird.

Infernape was basically humbled and this proved it’s not as strong as people think it is. I think it’s safe to rank Sceptile and Greninja above it in terms of strength.

Yeah if people want every episode to be recaps maybe they should go watch the Twitch reruns

UnovaMaster

Did Ash react like that because he knew Goh's luck with Pidgeotto was terrible or was it indeed a sign of guilt by Ash about his Pidgeot?

I still think Pidgeot is being saved as Journeys' big 3rd year present for long time fans

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Did Ash react like that because he knew Goh's luck with Pidgeotto was terrible or was it indeed a sign of guilt by Ash about his Pidgeot?
He reacted like that because Goh said 'up there!' while they were looking for Infernape, and Ash thought he was talking about Infernape. But no, it was just a damn Pidgeotto lol.

It’s a strange insecurity in the pokemon fandom that’s just weird.
Honestly, not quite as weird as this weird obsession some people have with ranking the strongest Pokemon. Literally who cares if it's Sceptile, Greninja or Charizard???? It's such a weird obsession, and even weirder that your main takeaway from this episode was 'lol I guess Infernape isn't that strong, down it goes on the ranking'. :(

Now for serious why do you think half of ash's pokemon didnt appear i get kingler because his VA is gone, and squirtle because he isnt with oak but torkoal and sceptail were more than disponible for the role i mean the VA for torkoal literally appeared as charizard so why do you think he didnt appear?

Because they didn’t want to animate them all.

Honestly, not quite as weird as this weird obsession some people have with ranking the strongest Pokemon. Literally who cares if it's Sceptile, Greninja or Charizard???? It's such a weird obsession, and even weirder that your main takeaway from this episode was 'lol I guess Infernape isn't that strong, down it goes on the ranking'. :(

Well that was my main takeaway. People put DP on some pedestal. I guess it’s time to reassess since it couldn’t do a single thing against Moltres while Gary put up a better fight. Back to the farm you go, Infernape!

RafaSceptile

Because they didn’t want to animate them all.

Well that was my main takeaway. People put DP on some pedestal. I guess it’s time to reassess since it couldn’t do a single thing against Moltres while Gary put up a better fight. Back to the farm you go, Infernape!
People just forget the fact that Blaze is not exclusive to Infernape and other Ash's starters have potentially the same ability or its counterparts.

PAndrews

Weird how after Infernape gets knocked back by Air Slash Ash points out it still wants to fight and then it basically doesn't fight anymore :S
Gary and Blastoise jump in, Goh & Cinderace need saving by Pikachu & Electrivire and Infernape kind of disappears until after Moltress gets thunderbolted into leaving, so why point out it still wanted to fight if it isn't going to fight

And since it was looking for stronger fire opponents after it battled all of Ash's other fire types are we supposed to assume it beat them all? The writers left it up in the air by saying it battled them and not beat them, but seems weird to go looking for a stronger legendary fire opponent if you already lost against those at the lab.

I still think Pidgeot is being saved as Journeys' big 3rd year present for long time fans
He reacted like that because they were looking for his missing Infernape and Goh yelled "up there", to which Ash thought Goh had spotted Infernape instead of getting easily distracted during the search by his hoarding mentality
Only in the way it channels its rage against Paul for the abuse it endured, but otherwise, it's still just Blaze.

No it wasn't, it was clearly shown as an Anime exlusive form (his eyes changed color and the flame on its head increased in size and changed color) instead of merely a colored aura (how Blaze, Torrent & Overgrow were shown, such as in the Ash vs May fight) similar to Ash-Greninja but without an actual transformation. It clearly wasn't "just Blaze" and portrayed as something special and unique (and a huge powerup when used).

And it wasn't its rage channeled due to Paul's abuse, since Paul saw Chimchar use its Blaze ability to wipe out a heard of Zangoose just before he caught it (it was literally the reason why he caught it) and then constantly tried to bring that power out again (he saw it pushed to its limit as a trigger and tried to repeat that), before eventually giving up on it and releasing it. So it clearly had that Blaze form before even meeting Paul, difference was it didn't learn to control it until much later and Paul just gave up on trying to force it out again. Not to mention he also used the form against Volkner when Paul wasn't even there.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Japanese Pokemon Fan Otsk_Poke on Twitter (Also a Based Diamond & Pearl Fan) did a good win percentage record on Ashy-boi's Fire Pokemon.

Charizard: Win rate 76%
Infernape: Win rate 70.8%
Quilava: Win rate 58.8%
Pignite: 50% Win Rate
Talonflame: 50% Win Rate
Torkoal: Win Rate 27.2%

Weird, a bit different from what I have:

Charizard: 79.17%
Infernape: 69.23%
Quilava: 57.89%
Pignite: 50%
Talonflame: 50%
Torkoal: 30.77%

Also RIP Incineroar, apparently not an Ash's Fire Pokémon.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Jajajajaja, Goh is like The Big Show.

Goh feels insecure cuz Ash and Koharu are his only friends and think that Ash has no more friends just like him but the truth shocks him when he met the Alola gang, Iris and now Gary, let see how he react when he meet Ash other friends: Misty, Brock, Tracy, Ritchie, Todd, Cassie, May, Max, Dawn, Barry, Zoey, Cynthia, Cilan, Bianca, Sthepan, Clemont, Bonnie, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, Sanpei, Sawyer, Alain, Gladion and Lillie, not to mention Serena, her friend with "benefits"

Goh Cena with the Catch'em all in the Bank

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
I really don't think that there is absolutely anything which says that Goh is Socially Awkward in episodes like here and in Episode 37 because of Ash's Friend(s). That is just an assumption, it is neither stated nor is it implied anywhere. I think a better reason would be for the fact that he has/is met/meeting with someone who is more superior than him in everyway. He clearly even states that Shigeru beat him in this Episode at the end and that he needs just to work harder. The entire "Gou is Socially Awkward because of being near Ash's Friends" is just a contrived excuse to somehow justify whatever their favorite show puts out. To people like that, please don't try that hard, there is really no need.