• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rivals for Goh?! The Road to Mew!! (1157)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
XY really ruined us man. Barely a crumb of references for three years beyond a Cilan cameo, and Movie 20 comed along and erases two beloved characters for a anniversary movie I think it just destroyed a lot of good faith people had when it comes to that sort of thing. So seeing Journeys be so liberal with it in ways the anime hasn't utilized in nearly a decade I can't blame people for being excited about it

Sorry I didn't read it closely enough my bad.
Xy was super good on its own , and it hyped alot of people without using nostalgia. Journeys, however made hype using nostalgia

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Xy was super good on its own , and it hyped alot of people without using nostalgia. Journeys, however made hype using nostalgia
True, Journeys needs its own unique strength to fall back on instead of just nostalgia. The world tour, PWC and Ash being treated as strong are good concepts that could serve as that but executed horribly, along with Goh's goal. Project Mew is something I have a lot of high hopes for, especially since I enjoyed the Darkest Day arc

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think there's been a change in the creative liberty/executive supervision since Ash lost the kalos league. SM onwards they are constantly trying to appeal to their fans with ash winning a league, old companions returning etc. It's like they have finally understood that pissing off their audience is bad for business.
I'd say it's been happening since BW.

They did course-correction with things such as TR's characterization and the continuity thing by bringing back Dawn for an arc, showing off more pre-gen 5 pokémon and even doing nostalgia trip episodes like Charizard's return and that Butterfree episode. I'd say even the Iris' dynamic with Ash improved (though that one can be atributed to character development)

XY kept it with TR's handling and Ash's dynamics in regards to his group (ditching the whole thing of being overly critical of everything he does)

SM addressed the league thing (everything else like the tone and the slice of life format seems more like an answer to Yokai Watch's then-success)

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Agreed, Yokai Watch wasnt really a threat to Pokemon as people made it out to be, similar to on a lesser scale is TemTem.
YW has never been a threat to AniPoke, that would just be the misconception of some corporate narrow minded guy. AniPoke's apparent decline in TV viewership had less to do with a different show threatening it, rather, it's because of how much more prominent the internet has become over the last decade and that too in a rapid way.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Any idea how many episodes this series will have?
Even if the series has changed drastically in this saga, I still don't think it will last beyond 150-ish episodes, the reason being the PWC is advancing way too fast offscreen (seriously, Ash is already at the second-to-last tier before we're even at 70 episodes) and the alleged worldwide tournament can't possibly extend into whatever new region there is after Leon's spotlight time is over.

Even if the series has changed drastically in this saga, I still don't think it will last beyond 150-ish episodes, the reason being the PWC is advancing way too fast offscreen (seriously, Ash is already at the second-to-last tier before we're even at 70 episodes) and the alleged worldwide tournament can't possibly extend into whatever new region there is after Leon's spotlight time is over.
What's the logic for it being longer you think?

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
What's up with the animation this series? An important episode like this really deserved better. The Moltres battle was so underwhelming. Can they not get a single good animator? The team behind this episode is usually able to get talent. What happened?

UglyToast

What's up with the animation this series? An important episode like this really deserved better. The Moltres battle was so underwhelming. Can they not get a single good animator? The team behind this episode is usually able to get talent. What happened?
I guess COVID really hit Japan hard huh?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What's the logic for it being longer you think?
A horrible Decolore Islands-like situation quickly rearing its head, if you mean if we end up having 50 or so leftover episodes after the PWC ends. If so, they totally did NOT plan this PWC thing well (not that they already have done it well now).
Something something pandemic. Possibly. Japan is starting to suffer from a wave of cases because they're apparently too proud to use vaccines not made by themselves.

Kind of a wonder this anime hasn't had a break yet, but they may just run into one if things keep up as they are. Pure speculation on my part, though.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
What do you mean? The animation was great—not as great as JN065, but still great. Did you not SEE Moltres using Burn Up?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
tbh this episode's animation was actually pretty great, as well as for the Iris episode..........though yeah, overall the animation this series definitely feels weaker than XY/SM

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
tbh this episode's animation was actually pretty great, as well as for the Iris episode..........though yeah, overall the animation this series definitely feels weaker than XY/SM
Yeah, overall the animation here was far above average for this series but I was moreso referring to how they weren't able to get any big animators. I checked the credits and it's just the usual people. Even the previous episode by this team had Maenami.

RafaSceptile

Something something pandemic. Possibly. Japan is starting to suffer from a wave of cases because they're apparently too proud to use vaccines not made by themselves.
Japan has a 3rd wave, with a peak of cases in May 15th and a peak of deaths in May 24th. Both numbers are moving down since those dates.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is it possible that we don't even have those one-minute Pikachu battles because it takes more time to animate during a pandemic.
Japan has a 3rd wave, with a peak of cases in May 15th and a peak of deaths in May 24th. Both numbers are moving down since those dates.
Problem is the citizens there want Japan to postpone the Olympics because it isn't safe unlike last year when it was remotely safer, which means the situation may be more dangerous than we're led to believe.

Last edited: