• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rivals for Goh?! The Road to Mew!! (1157)

deliaketchum

Even if the series has changed drastically in this saga, I still don't think it will last beyond 150-ish episodes, the reason being the PWC is advancing way too fast offscreen (seriously, Ash is already at the second-to-last tier before we're even at 70 episodes) and the alleged worldwide tournament can't possibly extend into whatever new region there is after Leon's spotlight time is over.
It has been more than 20 years since they showed the goal of protaganist to be top trainer in world, one would expect the final tournament to not be rushed and would show long battles with previous/new rivals. They are now focussing more on Goh who apparently has adventure oriented rather than battle oriented story. I assume goh will have around 40 episodes to him given how jouneys is going. Removing fillers, ~ 20 episodes to conclude the main goal of protaganist shown over 20 seasons seems too rushed. I am thinking they will pull Game of Thrones season 8.

What do you mean? The animation was great—not as great as JN065, but still great. Did you not SEE Moltres using Burn Up?
Much of this episode didn't even move. Like zero character animation or anything. As far as the battle goes, not sure was great about it. The user above posted a tweet that showcases the baseline level of animation present in the battle with the Flare Blitz animation not looking so hot.

Even Ayaka Koide's cut here in this episode looks weaker than their other work on Sun & Moon.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Rika got the better end of the deal as she ensured stable and recurring work and payment. I highly doubt she'd see it as a loss.

Jers745

I dont know :p
Pretty entertaining episode, it definitly put a smile on my face all the things that happened, the animation worked for what it was, infernape was dissapointing but he can still redeem, gary will come back and project mew looks acceptable with some callbacks to the first movie. And go at the very least feel like a character instead of a tool to resolve the problem of the episode.

LazySpy

Kimty
You should probably save your breath (and sanity). Panky is an expert at strawmanning and dodging legitimate points. Just laugh at the post and talk to someone who actually knows what they're talking about.
As someone who knew Panky for quite a while, I feel the need to adress this.

He's not trying to dodge and strawman people. If I saw him do that, I'd assume he just misread what someone else said which did happen on many occasions but he's capable of recognizing when that happens if it's brought to his attention. As you can see in his response to you, he recognized that he misunderstood the other poster, and I can pull many other examples of him doing that, as well as conceding on flawed arguments. It's also quite bizzare of you to labell him an "expert at dodging and strawmanning" to then encourage another user to "just laugh at the post" when you have barelly had any interactions with him yourself.

I'd encourage you to find more productive ways to disagree with people than constantly being condesending and approaching arguments with bad faith.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
As someone who knew Panky for quite a while, I feel the need to adress this.

He's not trying to dodge and strawman people. If I saw him do that, I'd assume he just misread what someone else said which did happen on many occasions but he's capable of recognizing when that happens if it's brought to his attention. As you can see in his response to you, he recognized that he misunderstood the other poster, and I can pull many other examples of him doing that, as well as conceding on flawed arguments. It's also quite bizzare of you to labell him an "expert at dodging and strawmanning" to then encourage another user to "just laugh at the post" when you have barelly had any interactions with him yourself.

I'd encourage you to find more productive ways to disagree with people than constantly being condesending and approaching arguments with bad faith.
Yea I honestly enjoy reading his posts even though I may often disagree
Hes one of those Goh dislikers that is actually fair and not a pure irrational hater who makes up false points or BS to hate on him

TheNewGuy

Yeah it says a lot that none of infernape’s moves did anything to the moltres before it had to back off from the injury and did nothing, while blastoise picked up the slack and actually pushed it back a bit.
You're obviously free to interpret that however you see fit, but that seems a denial of the literal reality where the writers chose to protect Infernape (by not showing him being KO'd, though certainly implying he would have lost), while allowing Blastoise to be KOd fairly quickly.