• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rival's name

water types rule

I know it seems pretty unimportant, but what is the name of the D/P rival? Not Lukas or Dawn but the guy in the green coat. I didn't see this anywhere else, and I figured it belongs here rather than anywhere else since it deals directly with the game.

Thank you for any answers.

Sir Crocodile

Arcanite Reaper HO!
What is the rivals name in Fr/Lg? What is the rivals name in GSC?

That was meant to be rhetorical. Don't give me any manga names.

Anyway, in both D and P, the nameable rival will have my name. In Diamond, I'll play as Lukas, with that name. In Pearl, I'll play as Dawn, with that name.

Poke gal

HoresesPoniesPokemon
BOB BOBTIKINES THE 3RD!! Just kidding, I'm going to call him gary or drew. It's a tradition for me to name my rival one of those names.

Chuck_Noris

Now ||Caboose||
None of them have a name they are made up by you and only you unless you buy a used game from gamestop that hasn't been erased yet :D lol

Xylitol

swimmin'
Well, the Rivals do always have a "default" name for them, which is either the first name in the name list or the name it takes if you first decide to make up a name but don't.

I think it was Jun or something...

smith

You can name your Rival whatever you want to name him. I usually name him my brothers name.

I will check. One name on the list (in-game. visit ign.com for the first 10 minutes) was Tyson. I'll verify the others.

Here they are.
Barry
Damion
Tyson
Markus

Nintendo likes the letter K right now "Lu"k"as". "Mar"k"us"
lol

Last edited:

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
the Rivals from RBY,FR,LG and RSE had names Gary, May and Brenden, you couldn't rename may or brenden, but you could rename gary

guy from GSC was just a random guy, but finding out he's Giovanni's son was pretty random

Creamcat0

Diamond Trainer
You can name your Rival whatever you want to name him. I usually name him my brothers name.

lol. I usually give the rival a default name, since I am no good at naming the characters.

WarthogDemon

<-- La Foam
Not sure. I'm not going to name him after someone I dislike. Most people I dislike would get more pleasure out of hurting Pokemon, not training them.

Dunno.

John Hagee?