1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rivals/Other Recurring Characters Discussion

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Buechs44, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildheart90

wildheart90 Awesome

Stephan appears to be quite a skilled and strong trainer, of the current known cast I would say he is the most likely to defeat Ash in the league.

2. AceDetective

AceDetective Banned

really? its possible he will bear ash but um not sure hes been shown as stronger then the other rivals

3. A writer

A writer Member

Well which is why if he appears less his Pokemon by the league may possibly be underdeveloped and give Ash a chance and...well lol that may not happen,I just hate that kid for some reason even I don't understand.

4. AceDetective

AceDetective Banned

I would much rather Stephen beat ash over some ransom dude introduced a few episodes before. just to give us something different

5. FlyAsADunsparce

FlyAsADunsparce Well-Known Member

Why can't we just have Bianca beating Ash in the league lol.

6. AceDetective

AceDetective Banned

there are some among us who would love that. to show biancas growth as a character. but other people on these forums will explode in anger if that happens. it will lead to a great divide and eventually war between the forum members.

7. wildheart90

wildheart90 Awesome

it's hard to tell, but to me he has shown he is a fairly experienced trainer, and wouldn't have lost to Emonga if it wasn't at -4 from all those Close Combats as well as being paralyzed. It would be interesting to see what else he has on his team.

8. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

No it wouldn't. It would just make others mad at the writers for doing that in a league. I rather someone bring a legendary. That way it doesn't look like more of a troll if Bianca was to win further than Ash.

9. AceDetective

AceDetective Banned

its the same with a lot of rivals really. him and burgundy both have the potential to be strong but lose most of their matches (stephen beat oshawott first time and burgundy beat cilans brother in flashback). bianca is in a similar situation. I'm really hoping the rivals all go up a threat level in this tourney. burgundy needs to beat cilan in it to keep their rivalry from going stale. and if not cilan then at least a win to prevent her from becoming boring.

10. Ash Ketchum!

Ash Ketchum! Pokemon Trainer

Stephan seems to me like the new Conway/Nando, in other words, someone Ash will beat early on in the league.

11. AceDetective

AceDetective Banned

that's the role I'm thinking. ash faces him in the second roynd. with the 1st round being burgundy or a cotd

12. G50

G50 No longer posting

I think the Rivals will each face Ash once in the League. I don't see Ash going out too early. Whoever the writers feel is the strongest will defeat Ash in the league.

13. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

I'm wonder if any of the rivals will be around after the league is done.

I'm hoping they will appear post league and don't just disappear.

This is assuming there will be something after the league, which is likely I'd say.

14. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty hard to tell at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if all rivalrys are resolved before and after the league (Iris + Georgia make ammends, Cilan and Burgundy make ammeds, Ash beats Trip at league, become friends etc.).

I think those rivalry's inparticular will end, I can see Stephan staying around, he's more of a friend than foe and he doesn't seem to need anything resolving, Bianca is a safe bet practically because she's showed up the most and seems to have the best connection with the gang, eh im not sure yet it's quite tough to decide.

15. G50

G50 No longer posting

I think Stephen, Bianca, Trip, and Burgandy will continue to be rivals after the league. I don't think Trip or Bianca will be in the possible filler saga though, if so very little episodes possibly.

16. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

But then we'll all gather as one front and pinpoint our anger towards the new forum upgrade, which is getting suckier by the minute.. Heck, I couldn't even normally write my post because the slidebar kept going up for reasons unknown! Never had these problems before, and quick navigation turned into slownavigation and now takes me six seconds longer then usual..

Koharu over random CotD's at the league, or trainers from the Don Battle/Donamite would be fine.

17. G50

G50 No longer posting

That would be a bit too much... The Throh guy or Stephen maybe, but not Bianca hopefully. Her wins seem more suited to just regular battles and a regular tournament.

18. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

I think that's why they had did something different and brought in a dude who Ash or neither or us knew about and made him win against Ash in the Sinnoh league. I hope they do the same thing here. Minus the legendary Pokemon. I don't want Trip to beat him, Bianca will just make me laugh and cry, and Stephan will make me hurl. Anyone else good. That way it won't be such a fight.

19. G50

G50 No longer posting

Hopefully it won't be a random trainer that beats him, nor somebody with Legendary Pokemon again. Preferably I'd like to see Stephen or the Throh guy defeat him. Trip and Bianca just don't seem to be a good idea for knocking Ash out. Ash may not even face Trip for all we know.

20. deathseer

deathseer Oh, u mad bro?

Liking the idea of Ash and the main group having a larger group of friends to interact with now. None of the previous series had anything like this before or at least had a group that they worked so extensively to establish unless you count Sinnoh But the appearances were so few and far between and everyone just felt like they were in their own little world. It makes Pokemon feel like an actual shounen series now. There is a huge array of options they could do now. You've got :

Main Hero: Ash
    Main Girl: Iris
    Main Hero's Friend: Cilan
    Main Hero's Rival: Trip
    Main Girl's Rival: Georgia
    Stuck Up "Princess": Burgundy
    Big Dude: Stephan
    Clumsy Ditz: Bianca

If the writers don't screw this up, I think that they could be on to something really good

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.