• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rivals/Other Recurring Characters Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trip needs more screen time,Bianca is fine the way she is.:D And that guy with the Zebra and Sawk(forgot the name) can avoid showing his face to me till the league where he gets pummeled.

Stephan appears to be quite a skilled and strong trainer, of the current known cast I would say he is the most likely to defeat Ash in the league.

Stephan appears to be quite a skilled and strong trainer, of the current known cast I would say he is the most likely to defeat Ash in the league.

really? its possible he will bear ash but um not sure hes been shown as stronger then the other rivals

A writer

Well which is why if he appears less his Pokemon by the league may possibly be underdeveloped and give Ash a chance and...well lol that may not happen,I just hate that kid for some reason even I don't understand.

Well which is why if he appears less his Pokemon by the league may possibly be underdeveloped and give Ash a chance and...well lol that may not happen,I just hate that kid for some reason even I don't understand.

I would much rather Stephen beat ash over some ransom dude introduced a few episodes before. just to give us something different

Why can't we just have Bianca beating Ash in the league lol.

there are some among us who would love that. to show biancas growth as a character. but other people on these forums will explode in anger if that happens. it will lead to a great divide and eventually war between the forum members.

really? its possible he will bear ash but um not sure hes been shown as stronger then the other rivals

it's hard to tell, but to me he has shown he is a fairly experienced trainer, and wouldn't have lost to Emonga if it wasn't at -4 from all those Close Combats as well as being paralyzed. It would be interesting to see what else he has on his team.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
there are some among us who would love that. to show biancas growth as a character. but other people on these forums will explode in anger if that happens. it will lead to a great divide and eventually war between the forum members.

No it wouldn't. It would just make others mad at the writers for doing that in a league. I rather someone bring a legendary. That way it doesn't look like more of a troll if Bianca was to win further than Ash.

it's hard to tell, but to me he has shown he is a fairly experienced trainer, and wouldn't have lost to Emonga if it wasn't at -4 from all those Close Combats as well as being paralyzed. It would be interesting to see what else he has on his team.

its the same with a lot of rivals really. him and burgundy both have the potential to be strong but lose most of their matches (stephen beat oshawott first time and burgundy beat cilans brother in flashback). bianca is in a similar situation. I'm really hoping the rivals all go up a threat level in this tourney. burgundy needs to beat cilan in it to keep their rivalry from going stale. and if not cilan then at least a win to prevent her from becoming boring.

Stephan seems to me like the new Conway/Nando, in other words, someone Ash will beat early on in the league.

that's the role I'm thinking. ash faces him in the second roynd. with the 1st round being burgundy or a cotd

G50

No longer posting
Stephan seems to me like the new Conway/Nando, in other words, someone Ash will beat early on in the league.

I think the Rivals will each face Ash once in the League. I don't see Ash going out too early. Whoever the writers feel is the strongest will defeat Ash in the league.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm wonder if any of the rivals will be around after the league is done.

I'm hoping they will appear post league and don't just disappear.

This is assuming there will be something after the league, which is likely I'd say.

Haunter ゴースト

I'm wonder if any of the rivals will be around after the league is done.

I'm hoping they will appear post league and don't just disappear.

This is assuming there will be something after the league, which is likely I'd say.

I think it's pretty hard to tell at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if all rivalrys are resolved before and after the league (Iris + Georgia make ammends, Cilan and Burgundy make ammeds, Ash beats Trip at league, become friends etc.).

I think those rivalry's inparticular will end, I can see Stephan staying around, he's more of a friend than foe and he doesn't seem to need anything resolving, Bianca is a safe bet practically because she's showed up the most and seems to have the best connection with the gang, eh im not sure yet it's quite tough to decide.

G50

No longer posting
I think it's pretty hard to tell at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if all rivalrys are resolved before and after the league (Iris + Georgia make ammends, Cilan and Burgundy make ammeds, Ash beats Trip at league, become friends etc.).

I think those rivalry's inparticular will end, I can see Stephan staying around, he's more of a friend than foe and he doesn't seem to need anything resolving, Bianca is a safe bet practically because she's showed up the most and seems to have the best connection with the gang, eh im not sure yet it's quite tough to decide.

I think Stephen, Bianca, Trip, and Burgandy will continue to be rivals after the league. I don't think Trip or Bianca will be in the possible filler saga though, if so very little episodes possibly.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

But then we'll all gather as one front and pinpoint our anger towards the new forum upgrade, which is getting suckier by the minute.. Heck, I couldn't even normally write my post because the slidebar kept going up for reasons unknown! Never had these problems before, and quick navigation turned into slownavigation and now takes me six seconds longer then usual..

that's the role I'm thinking. ash faces him in the second roynd. with the 1st round being burgundy or a cotd

Koharu over random CotD's at the league, or trainers from the Don Battle/Donamite would be fine.

G50

No longer posting
Why can't we just have Bianca beating Ash in the league lol.

That would be a bit too much... The Throh guy or Stephen maybe, but not Bianca hopefully. Her wins seem more suited to just regular battles and a regular tournament.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I think that's why they had did something different and brought in a dude who Ash or neither or us knew about and made him win against Ash in the Sinnoh league. I hope they do the same thing here. Minus the legendary Pokemon. I don't want Trip to beat him, Bianca will just make me laugh and cry, and Stephan will make me hurl. Anyone else good. That way it won't be such a fight.

G50

No longer posting
I think that's why they had did something different and brought in a dude who Ash or neither or us knew about and made him win against Ash in the Sinnoh league. I hope they do the same thing here. Minus the legendary Pokemon. I don't want Trip to beat him, Bianca will just make me laugh and cry, and Stephan will make me hurl. Anyone else good. That way it won't be such a fight.

Hopefully it won't be a random trainer that beats him, nor somebody with Legendary Pokemon again. Preferably I'd like to see Stephen or the Throh guy defeat him. Trip and Bianca just don't seem to be a good idea for knocking Ash out. Ash may not even face Trip for all we know.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Liking the idea of Ash and the main group having a larger group of friends to interact with now. None of the previous series had anything like this before or at least had a group that they worked so extensively to establish unless you count Sinnoh But the appearances were so few and far between and everyone just felt like they were in their own little world. It makes Pokemon feel like an actual shounen series now. There is a huge array of options they could do now. You've got :

Main Hero: Ash
Main Girl: Iris
Main Hero's Friend: Cilan
Main Hero's Rival: Trip
Main Girl's Rival: Georgia
Stuck Up "Princess": Burgundy
Big Dude: Stephan
Clumsy Ditz: Bianca

If the writers don't screw this up, I think that they could be on to something really good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.