1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

RM SolidT

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by darklite, Feb 25, 2009.

1. darklite

darklite Member

Hey all this is my second team (1st solid). Review and have fun.

Crobat @ Black Sludge (Timid)
    Inner Focus
    124 HP/ 132 Sp. Att/ 252 Spe
    Hypnosis
    Taunt
    U-turn
    Air Slash

My lead, or should I say my anti-lead. Faster than most leads, Crobat can put the sleep on those annoying "fake-out" leads, such as Ambipom and Infernape, and cripple with Hypnosis and Air Slash respectively. Hypnosis and Taunt together will shut down all sleep talkers.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs (Modest)
    Sniper
    4 HP/ 252 Sp. Att/ 252 Spe
    Surf
    Hidden Power Electric/ Dragon Pulse (2nd)
    Draco Meteor
    Ice beam

The special sweeper. The above set covers everything for at least neutral damage. If i cannot obtain the useful HP electric, i will have to settle for the alternative of dragon pulse, which reduces my coverage.

Flygon @ Life Orb (Jolly)
    Levitate
    32 HP/ 252 Att./ 8 Sp. Def/ 216 Spe
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Stone Edge
    Roost

The physical sweeper. Pretty straight forward set. The ev spread initially had 8 Def points but I relegated them to special defense. I just hope those two points will be the difference between an ice beam death and a pseudo focus sash.

Blissey @ Leftovers (Calm)
    Natural Cure
    40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
    Aromatherapy
    Seismic Toss
    Toxic
    Softboiled

My special wall, i mean THE special wall. I opted for flamethrower/thunderbolt but seismic toss works better because seismic toss + toxic hits everyone (i believe) for some damage, except for Gengar, who cant do much in the first place, save Explosion.

Skarmory @ Leftovers (Impish)
    Keen Eye
    252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe
    Brave Bird
    Roost
    Stealth Rock
    Whirlwind

So cliche, Bliss and Skarm on the same team. But it works after some shoddy battles. Roost for that Brave Bird recoil, which handles Heracross. Stealth rock.... enough said. whirlwind to abuse stealth rock.

Cresslia @ Leftovers (Timid)
    Levitate
    96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
    Calm Mind
    Moonlight
    Reflect
    Ice Beam

The mixed wall. With reflect paired with calm mind, Cress can really take hits on both attacking spectrums. Reflect for my physical counters (TTar, Weavile, Hcross). Ice beam with calm mind to hurt everything that doesnt resist ice.

I think some will be concerned about my Cress ev spread, but rate my team anyway. Thanks.

2. shizzlit

shizzlit Member

on crobat i would go with focus sash just because most leads now, heatran, bronzong, and metagross, will (if hypnosis) misses ohko him, but if it does hit then its your gain, although you would probably just u-turn out. i also think that he is too fragile for sludge. but this is just my opinion.

3. SelenaluvsDylan22

SelenaluvsDylan22 Goodbye Rebellion

Wide lens would be a decent alternative to black sluge on crobat due to hypnosis' pitiful accuracy

4. Firehawk10590

Firehawk10590 Never lost a randbat

Run Focus Sash over Black Sludge since Crobat is very frail and usually does not survive a few turns. And, if you do not get HP Electric on Kingdra, you are walled by Skarm. TTar beats your team down as well.

5. darklite

darklite Member

im getting two for fsash. i have sludge since fake out and priority moves wouldnt OHKO but ill change for that. As for ttar, he may rip through but he's not fast enough to do so, barring DDance. as for wide lens, there have been times where i died because of hyp's inaccuracy.

6. groovitational skiing9867

groovitational skiing9867 trapeze teddiursa!

Thats one of those when X kills Y, Z can get you scenarios.

Your team lacks a good status absorber and Cress lacks a good Recovery move. Put those together and voila!!!

Cresselia@leftovers
    bold 208hp, 216def, 84sp.def
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk
    ~ Ice beam
    ~ Calm mind/ reflect/ psychic

These evs I just made up on the spot. This is assuming you use calm mind. Rhys29 and Blue Ace have a better set I think ask them. Anyway these evs are a max lefties point, and a jump point in def. This helps your status problem deal.

As previously mentioned give Crobat Focus sash.

Crobat@ Focus Sash
    Jolly 4hp, 252atk, 252spe
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Aerial Ace
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Hypnosis

This set focus's all your moves into one side of the attacking spectrum so that you get more power.

Good to know you are using the ever *****y Skarmbliss

@Firehawk: How is a special sweeper with two neutral moves walled by a physical wall? And you say you want to tutor people?

7. darklite

darklite Member

EDIT:
    Blissey @ Leftovers (Calm)
    Natural Cure
    252 Def / 44 Sp. Att/ 212 SpD
    Aromatherapy
    Flamethrower
    Toxic
    Softboiled

I made the above changes due to seismic toss' availibity only in the third generation.

8. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

Bliss and Cress have walls covered. You're seriously lacking in offense, and I don't see a clear answer to Scizor. Take out Skarmory and choose someone who can pack a bunch, re-think Flygon and Kingdra, Sash Crobat (and put those HP EVs elsewhere, in that case), and hopefully that'll help the team out.

EDIT: Looks like you already changed Blissey. Good.