• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT 4th Gen,2020

Are you new to any 4th Generation games?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PokePlatinum14

Pokemon Platinum Master
A thread where anyone can post a RMT, mainly for 4th Gen. Any other Gen will can and will be part of the thread and you may bring up certain questions that involve other generations. Format will be shown below. Incomplete and complete teams are allowed, but please specify what you would like others to fix.

Format

Pokemon/Type/Ability/Item
Health/Attack/Defense/Special Attk/Special Def/Speed
Move 1
Move 2
Move 3
Move 4
-Role the pokemon plays in your party and what you mainly use it for-
-What you would like others to fix-

This thread was started 2020 but may continue for years after. I will try to answer anyone and everyone that comments on the thread. Please be patient.

-Thank you for your time, PokePlatinum14

Last edited:

PokePlatinum14

Pokemon Platinum Master
If someone could suggest a Pokemon to replace a member of this team, that would be helpful. If you need more details, don't hesitate to ask. I am currently playing platinum. The Pokemon below are my current team members.

Dusknoir/Ghost/Pressure/None
(average stats, not exact)
200-294/184-328/247-405/121-251/247-405/85-207

Confuse Ray
Shadow Punch
Payback
Future Sight

Dusknoir is my "wall" or "sheild" of my group. He has some of the highest defense and since he is a ghost type, he has some immunities which helps. He isn't the strongest puncher of the group, but he can let me heal the rest of my team up. He is ment to cover Houndoom from Fighting+Ground and Scizor from Ground.

Garchomp/Dragon-Ground/Sand Veil/None
290-384/157-295/184-328/175-317/229-383/157-295

Dragon Claw
Dig
Crunch
Dragon Rush

Garchomp is the "Sweeper" of my team. He can really pack a punch and is pretty fast, too. His defense is on the weaker side but his other stats make up for it. He can cover for Scizor and Jolteon pretty well. If I send him out, my plan is to just knock as many pokemon as I can out.

Scizor/Steel-Bug/Swarm/None
250-344/238-394/184-328/103-229/148-284/121-251

X-Scissor
Night Slash
False Swipe
Iron Head

Scizor is a mix of defense and offense. Of course, he is a steel type so he has generally high defense so I send him out as more of a last resort pokemon. His job is to stay alive and fight but I can also heal my other pokemon with him. Used as a balance, he really can't cover for many pokemon in my party.

Gyarados/Water-Flying/Intimidate/None
300-394/255-349/163-257/125-219/205-299/167-261

Ice Fang
Aqua Tail
Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam

Gyarados is another "Sweeper" that I have, as the fact he can also pack a punch. Although generally slower than Garchomp, he can hit with more power. Normally one of the first I send out, and one of the first I choose to heal. He can cover for Jolteon and Garchomp.

Jolteon/Electric/Volt Absorb/None
240-334/121-251/112-240/202-350/175-317/238-394

Thunder Fang
Last Resort
Thunder Wave
Thunder

Jolteon is used more as a status type pokemon. He will hit first most of the time, and paralyze the enemy pokemon. He has lower attack and defense than the rest of my party but no one else can paralyze other pokemon or even make them sleep etc. He will be great when fighting Flying and Steel types.

Houndoom/Dark-Fire/Flash Fire/None
260-354/166-306/94-218/202-350/148-284/175-317

Fire Fang
Faint Attack
Flamethrower
Crunch

Houndoom is really a "Sweeper" in my party, even though he is on the weaker side. He has high special attack, attack, and defense, which I find a great balance in when your looking for a "Sweeper". He is good against a lot of types including Grass, Ice, Bug, Steel, Psychic and Ghost. He can cover for Dusknoir,Garchomp and Gyarados.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
This entire section is for old gen RMTs, having a thread dedicated solely to Gen 4 seems redundant. Also formatting is generally required in this section for a reason, this is the competitive section and competitive play is more nuanced than just the Pokemon you're using, we also generally need to know the items, moves, EV spreads and in many cases abilities, as well as how these Pokemon synergize together, any particular reasons you chose them over other options, how you usually intend to use them in most matchups, what particular matchups you're struggling with or what goals you have in mind for the team, etc. Although to be fair, looking through some of the other posts on the front page it seems like this section isn't really moderated by those standards anymore (probably on account of it being extremely inactive, the last post before yours was a 10 year necropost last November, and the last one before that was last April).

PokePlatinum14

Pokemon Platinum Master
Although to be fair, looking through some of the other posts on the front page it seems like this section isn't really moderated by those standards anymore (probably on account of it being extremely inactive, the last post before yours was a 10 year necropost last November, and the last one before that was last April).

That is why I made this forum, and I do know formats of some kind are somewhat necessary but don't beat me up for it! It's my first time making a forum, I'm trying my best. I could change the name and description, but I don't see how making a 4th Gen RMT is redundant. Lots of other forums don't really focus on 4th Gen, so I made one. I'm just trying to make a more recent RMT because I couldn't find one. Thank you for your time.