• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT - 5G: Sunny Day

Hello there. I'm rather inexperienced in the competitive scene, so I'm obviously here for criticism. Now that Ninetails has Drought, I figured I'd give my sandstorm team a break and try my hand at a Drought team.

38.png

Ninetails @ Leftovers [Timid]
Drought
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Toxic
Substitute

Ninetails establishes Sunny Day with drought and acts as a bit of a soak with substitute. Flamethrower for STAB, energy ball for water/ground weakness, toxic for the rest.

470.png

Leafeon @ ??? [Adamant]
Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Bite
Synthesize/???

Physical sweeper with double speed from chlorophyll. Leaf blade for amazing STAB, x-scissor, bite for coverage. Synthesize is replaceable as I don't know if it will be worth it on a low defense phys sweeper.. however, I couldn't give it to Tangrowth and I wanted to see it work in this team. (If anyone knows how much it heals for in sunny day, do tell)

103.png

Exeggutor @ Life Orb [Modest]
Chlorophyll
Solarbeam
Psychic
Sludge Bomb
Explosion

Special sweeper, counterpart to leafeon. Chlorophyll + instant STAB solarbeam/psychic makes this guy pretty damn scary. sludge bomb for coverage and explosion for the lulz.

465.png

Tangrowth @ Leftovers [Bold]
Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Def, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def
Rest
Amnesia
Power Swap
Leaf Storm

Physical tank with a trick up it's vines. Rest for free (Leaf guard, if this doesnt work please tell me), amnesia to up Sp. Defense. Leaf storm 2x and power swap to laugh as their tiny Sp. Attack doesn't touch your Amnesia Sp. Defense.

319.png

Sharpedo @ Focus Sash [Adamant]
Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Crunch
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake

Second physical sweeper. Sharpedo is here as the mandatory weakness coverage. I look forward to speed boost on this heavy hitting underdog. Moves are standard meta, ice fang being the only anti dragon in the team.

426.png

Drifblim @ Chesto Berry [Modest]
Unburden
Rest
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt

Drifblim's entire spot is negotiable. I stuck him in here to cover ghost/lightning, but if I need to spot fill I can easily replace him. Standard build + thunderbolt.

Thanks for taking the time. When I figure out how to add pics of the pokemon, I will do so.

:wub:disc

more like :mam:anbou
Shandera > Drifblim in my opinion. base 145 SAtk Overheats in the sun hits ridiculously hard, also gives you a fire type which abuse the sun just as well as grass types.

out of all the weather changers Ninetales is most likely the worst (aside from maybe Abomasnow) due to being so damn fragile. as such i'd put Hypnosis over Toxic in order to prevent stuff like Tar and Politoed being able to come in, change the weather and force you out to start their own sweep; Hypnosis gives you a chance to get your own powerhouses in to force them to switch out and get sun back up.

i don't know what you're trying to achieve with Tangrowth... your set confuses me. is it trying to stall? sweep? what's to stop a strong physical attacker from setting up on you once your special attack is miniscule from Leaf Storm? seems kind of dumb.

from experience i really didn't like using Exeggutor, all it seemed to do is die, but you can do whatever.

093.gif

At a glance I can see that nothing really takes special attacks. Your sweepers may or may not be able to beat special sweepers but this seems like quite a glaring weakness. Forgive me for being too lazy to really come up with specific things that you have no answer to, but you get the message. :) It may not seem like a big threat, but nothing really can come in to standard Togekiss. It certainly won't be one of the biggest offensive weapons this gen, but having no answer for it is quite a concern.