• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT ... An Uncommon OU Team

Cissinho

There´s so much time since the last pokemon team i posted in this page.... and there´s so much time i was away from pokemon games... but with B2/W2 i think there´s was my oportunity to give it a try....
this is my first B2 team... and yes, is not a wheater one... i am bored that the most of the teams are Rain or Sun... but mine isn´t...

well, i´m not good with the introduction xD.. so there´s my team...

94.png

Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
IVs: 0 Def
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Counter
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

This is usually my lead and isn´t a common Gengar... most of the time my oponent thinks that this will be the Sub+Disable .. but not..
this thing kills all the common pursuiters since no one expect that Gengar has Counter.... Taunt is self-explanatory... if my oponnent try to set up or use entry hazards, taunt is the solution.... Shadow Ball for deal some damage to my oponnent .. and Destiny Bond for the ultimate trolling... used well, this Gengar can take 3 oponnent pokemon :p

352.png

Kecleon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Color Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Frustration
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

This pokemon is annoying.... maybe is not the best, but it works very well in my team.... First, set the Stealth Rock so i can break the sashe... then Thunder Wave to shut down some opponent sweepers... Recover to stay longer and Frustration to do some damage and don´t be a complete taunt bait...

302.png

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

This is one of the most annoying things i ever see.... Priority Will-O-Wisp is great and with this i shutdown all Physical sweepers (that aren´t fire type) and then i could Set up ... with the EVs spread, afthe Will-O-Wisp, all the Physical sweepers does nothing to Sableye... then i used Calm Mind to improve my SDef... and after a few boost, Sableye is a pokemon really hard to counter.... Dark Pulse to do damage and Recover to last longer....

555.png

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Every team needs a revenge killer and i choose Darmanitan as mine.... this pokemon is a powerhorse and is great.... Flare Blitz for massive damage to any pokemon that doesn´t resist it.... Superpower for coverage and hit hard Rock pokemon... Rock Slide for opponent Fire and Flying pokemon... and U-Turn for scout....

620.png

Mienshao (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Mixed Mienshao is great.... this thing has great coverage and hasn´t counter since with HP Ice he chan OHKO Gliscor, Dragonite (after Stealth Rock) and the most common counters.... HJK is obviously the best attack that Mienshao has.... U-Turn is for scout and use Regenerator... and Grass Knot to hit hard bulky water

591.png

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

And last a great counter for any Fighting pokemon... Spore is self-expanatory... Giga Drain is the primary STAB and used for do damage and Recover some HP... Clear Smog is the secondary STAB and gives me coverage against opposite Grass pokemon.... and Clear Smog to take care of Conkeldurr (and other pokemon that try to set up in front of Amoonguss...

Well this is my team.. any constructive critiscm is accepted...

PD: sorry if my grammar is bad... i´m chilean and i´m learning english just now xD

Last edited:
Nice team you have there! Perhaps I can offer a little set advice to help out.

As someone who used Counter Gengar as a lead in 4th Gen, I can attest to its usefulness. However, part of the reason this Gengar set was so cool was because of its ability to nail a surprise kill with Counter + Sash, remain an offensive threat throughout the game, and occasionally get one last kill with Destiny Bond. In order for Gengar to maintain an offensive presence throughout the game, I recommend you run Focus Blast > Taunt, giving you the famous and unresisted Ghost + Fighting coverage.

Another thing to remember is that Gengar's performance becomes very lackluster if Stealth Rock is on your side of the field. Even if you can successfully use your Sash, you might be forced to leave Gengar in to die or switch it out only for it to die later to Rocks. Because of this, I recommend you replace Amoonguss with Tentacruel, which has some similar resistances and will provide spin support, as well as Toxic Spikes support.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic / Sludge Bomb / Ice Beam
- Scald

This setup allows you to outpace neutral base 70s and Timid Magnezone, while giving you plenty of balanced bulk. Rain Dish is there so that when you fight Rain teams (and you will, trust me), you can take advantage of their weather, and it's usually going to be more useful than Liquid Ooze and Clear Body. Toxic may look weird, but you can actually use it to cripple Jellicent, who would otherwise effortlessly spinblock Tentacruel. If you're not into that, Sludge Bomb offers a more powerful STAB, has a decent chance to poison the opponent, and helps nail Pokemon like Breloom. Ice Beam is another option that also hits Grass types, while threatening Dragons as well.

I'm not really seeing the point of Kecleon here, especially when Blissey and Chansey can run a nearly identical set (with Softboiled > Recover and Seismic Toss > Frustration) but with much more bulk and a far better and more reliable ability. However, if you must use Kecleon, I recommend you take full advantage of his special bulk and run a 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe Careful spread. This will turn Kecleon into a decent check to some Choiced Pokemon like Rotom-W and at least give him good bulk on one side instead of average bulk on both. The 4 Spe EVs can be moved to Def, but they do let you outpace minimum speed neutral nature Forretress, which might be useful from time to time.

I guess CM Sableye can work, but I'm wondering what the purpose of the 236 HP / 16 SpD EVs is. In fact, you're actually 4 EVs short on that spread. I'd run 252 HP / 4 SpD instead, which makes you a little bit bulkier overall.

There's my two cents. Hope it helped! ^_^

Cissinho

Nice team you have there! Perhaps I can offer a little set advice to help out.

As someone who used Counter Gengar as a lead in 4th Gen, I can attest to its usefulness. However, part of the reason this Gengar set was so cool was because of its ability to nail a surprise kill with Counter + Sash, remain an offensive threat throughout the game, and occasionally get one last kill with Destiny Bond. In order for Gengar to maintain an offensive presence throughout the game, I recommend you run Focus Blast > Taunt, giving you the famous and unresisted Ghost + Fighting coverage.

Another thing to remember is that Gengar's performance becomes very lackluster if Stealth Rock is on your side of the field. Even if you can successfully use your Sash, you might be forced to leave Gengar in to die or switch it out only for it to die later to Rocks. Because of this, I recommend you replace Amoonguss with Tentacruel, which has some similar resistances and will provide spin support, as well as Toxic Spikes support.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic / Sludge Bomb / Ice Beam
- Scald

This setup allows you to outpace neutral base 70s and Timid Magnezone, while giving you plenty of balanced bulk. Rain Dish is there so that when you fight Rain teams (and you will, trust me), you can take advantage of their weather, and it's usually going to be more useful than Liquid Ooze and Clear Body. Toxic may look weird, but you can actually use it to cripple Jellicent, who would otherwise effortlessly spinblock Tentacruel. If you're not into that, Sludge Bomb offers a more powerful STAB, has a decent chance to poison the opponent, and helps nail Pokemon like Breloom. Ice Beam is another option that also hits Grass types, while threatening Dragons as well.

I'm not really seeing the point of Kecleon here, especially when Blissey and Chansey can run a nearly identical set (with Softboiled > Recover and Seismic Toss > Frustration) but with much more bulk and a far better and more reliable ability. However, if you must use Kecleon, I recommend you take full advantage of his special bulk and run a 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe Careful spread. This will turn Kecleon into a decent check to some Choiced Pokemon like Rotom-W and at least give him good bulk on one side instead of average bulk on both. The 4 Spe EVs can be moved to Def, but they do let you outpace minimum speed neutral nature Forretress, which might be useful from time to time.

I guess CM Sableye can work, but I'm wondering what the purpose of the 236 HP / 16 SpD EVs is. In fact, you're actually 4 EVs short on that spread. I'd run 252 HP / 4 SpD instead, which makes you a little bit bulkier overall.

There's my two cents. Hope it helped! ^_^

Thanks for your help!!...

well, first of all, i was thinking about using Focus Blast over Taunt in Gengar.. but Taunt works well with this set... since i use Counter+Sash to kill one physical sweeper... and then if an opponent try to setup or to use some status to kill Gengar, i use Taunt and either it will attack and i take the pokemon with Destiny Bond or my opponent will switch giving me one turn to attack... but i will give a try to Focus Blast...

also, i will try Tentacruel... i need a spinner and Tentacruel maybe will be more useful than Amoongus....

i used Kecleon over Blissey because i don´t like to use Blissey xD... not really... is because Color Change... that ability may be a gimmick, but is very useful against various pokemon (especially Scarfed one) and make Kecleon Resist more hits ;)... i changed the Evs spread.... i really don´t know why i used a physical defensive one when Kecleon SDef is great...

and i fixed Sableye Evs Spread...

Thank you!!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Kecleon is pretty gimmicky outside of NU. Besides his good Sp. Def and access to Trick Room, he hasn't got much going for him. While his ability may seem cool, it's too easy to manipulate.

Seeing as most of your team isn't slow enough to make good use of Trick Room, Kecleon should leave for...

385.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
Careful - Serene Grace
252 HP, 224 Sp. Def, 32 Speed
-Iron Head
-Body Slam
-Wish
-Fire Punch / Ice Punch / Protect

Hax abuser Jirachi. This set is only rivaled by Prankster Sableye as the greatest troll in the game. Body Slam gets a very nice Parahax chance, on top of Iron Head's flinch chance, both boosted by Serene Grace. Wish is Wish support, which should come in handy for your team. The last move depends on how you want to play. Fire Punch hits Scizor and Genesect hard, Ice Punch nails Gliscor, or Protect gives free Wish healing.

EDIT:

Also, Night Shade probably has a better damage output than Dark Pulse on Sableye, plus it gets priority from Prankster.

Last edited:
Gengar is pretty ineffective, I feel like you could get a solid lead such as Jirachi that can lay SR and play U-Turn games with Heatran and stealth rock so you can wear him down and let Sableye get a sweep off.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Naive Nature
152 Atk / 204 SpA / 152 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Iron Head
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice

It helps with your big Tornadus bird forme weakness.

Also I suggest replacing Kecleon with any Pokemon in OU not named Kecleon 8)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm sorry, but using Jirachi as a mixed sweeper on a team like this is a waste.

Gengar should stay. Counter Gengar gets tons of surprise kills, and, while it may seem gimmicky, it is almost never predicted. Destiny Bond lets him get ANOTHER kill, unless your opponent is smart enough to switch in a priority revenge killer. Not entirely sure why Taunt is in there, Focus Blast is probably a better option...

I'm sorry but it's not a mixed sweeper.

It counters tornadus, gets him stealth rock and thunderbolt lures bulky waters to open a sweep for darmanitan.

sacrifing a pokemon to get one or two kills is usually a 'bad idea' ;424;

sirnight07

gardedian of pokemon
i really like that team of your^^, very original and could surprisingly work well when they don't expect it:).

Cissinho

thanks for all your help!...

@Sevensevens i like Paraflinch Jirachi and i think that will work... but i really love how Kecleon is doing the things in my team... Kecleon clearly is not the best pokemon, but is perfect for the thing that i want... Set entry hazards, Sponge Special Attacks (and wall most Special Sweepers and mono attacking pokes with Color Changer) and Spread Status with T-wave... however i will give a try to Jirachi, but i think that Kecleon will stay in my team :p

@Camerupt fiasco same thing that i said to Sevensevens... i think you don´t like Kecleon because has a gimmicky ability, but he works perfect in my team... but your Jirachi option is very viable and maybe will work.... Tornadus-T is a great thread for my team... but, at the time, i never lost with a team that has Tornadus... Kecleon can take 3 Hurricane of a Life Orb Modest +252 Tornadus-T ... and can take 2 Focus Blast from the bird... and after the first hit, in change, i use T-Wave and Tornadus is done...
and for the last.. Gengar will stay in my team... i think that is my team MVP ;)

@Sirnight07 thanks for your comment ;)

any more help? :D