• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT Archive Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Archive can be found here.

As the title suggests, this is where you can state your case for why a certain team should be accepted into the RMT Archive. If you are not aware, an RMT Archive is meant to showcase teams that have consistenly competed at a high level and portray particular aspects of the metagame at a specific point in time. Some of these aspects we will be taking into consideration include whether the team perfected a certain playstyle and/or strategy, popularized a certain pokemon / set, or displays criteria that we deem as helpful to the serebii community.

Rules:

• Do not nominate your own team(s). This often leads to biased opinions, and we want to keep away from that as much as possible. If you feel your team is good enough, it will be nominated by someone else who agrees with you, simple as that.

• Do not bandwagon. One good post explaining why a team should be archived is enough. No future posts further hyping up a team are needed and just lead to a cluttered thread.

• Do not post explaining why a team should not be archived or to argue over an existing nomination. This is simply not needed as in the end it's up to the mods to make a final decision on the matter and again, it just clutters up the thread.

• Use this format when posting a nomination:

Team: (hyperlink the actual team here)

Justification: (thoroughly explain why the team should be archived)

Teams for nominations can be found here:
1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen
4th gen
5th gen

Last edited:
Still open for reservations, but guys, please don't spam this thread. And please use the proper format when nominating a team. This includes reasoning behind its nomination.

silverangel

Metal Fairy
So do we nominate stuff here?

Team:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?593584-21st-December-2012-Apocalypse-(An-Uber-RMT)

Justification:
A solid team from the start, Jazz Hands has created a very stable team. Each pokemon is able to cover just about each other's weaknesses, barring Kabutops's Ground Weakness. While it lacks hazards, it hardly needs them, as Choice Specs Kyogre and Choice Band Ferrothorn can dish out more than enough damage to compensate for the lack of weaknesses. From there, Arceus, Palkia, and the other team members will have no trouble cleaning up the opposition.
Kyogre and Ferrothorn are wall breakers, destroying opposing walls on the opponent's team. Kabutops, with its Swift Swim ability, acts like a frail but powerful revenge killer of the team. Palkia acts like a check-to-just-about-everything-that-isn't-scarfed pokemon, and Giratina and Arceus are set-up sweepers. Being rather offensively based, the team is ready to face the Uber tier with pride.

So, what do you think?

Last edited:

Ryan7437

Banned
^ Beat me to it.

Atrocious

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?598854-Morte-Et-Dabo-an-OU-sun-team

TCR's Lavos Spawn based sun team.

It's one of the more complete teams on the site that already isn't in the archives and basically epitomizes how a sun team should be played and the team synergizes well with each other offensively and is just a great team overall. There are no glaring weaknesses and has been very successful. The team is effective in winning the weather war, which is absolutely key in today's weather driven metagame, by using Dugtrio and Heatran to eliminate other weather starters and keep sun up to keep the advantage to his teams favor. He can then pound the opponent in with the offensive pressure of Venusaur and Kyurem-B. As said before, the team covers an array of common threats that plague the metagame like Terrakion, other weather starters, Landorus forms, etc.

Overall it just is a very well constructed team and deserving of being archived.

silverangel

Metal Fairy
I'm sorry to not nominate anything right now, but when would we know a team was allowed into the RMT archives?

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
You'll generally receive a PM about it if a team of yours is ever accepted, otherwise just check the thread

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Team: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...-both-Pok%E9mon-Online-and-Pok%E9mon-Showdown!)

Justification: First off, the team obviously works wonders. The man managed to hit number 1 on PS and PO with it. While he did admit he didn't make the team from scratch, he did a lot of altering and people are copying his team far more often than the original. He made his team do what the original person's team wanted to do and arguably do it better. That's enough of what he has done with the team, let's look at the RMT itself. You look at the team and be has literally everything you could want in an RMT. Large descriptions, calcs (iirc), previous battles and oh my god, he has EVERY single mon that could threaten him in any situation that is common in Uber's meta. He has gameplans, he has pictures, he has an intro, he includes his past with how he plays, he has so much info that you can literally start thinking in his voice. Honestly this is any team raters paradise and should be any RMT makers goal. While he may not have made the team from scratch, he has definitely made an RMT thread that everyone should strive to compete with.

McDanger

Team:http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?601904-Memento-Mori-5th-Gen-OU

Justification:extroph has made a solid sand offensive team that breaks away for the standard core of landorus i, banded ttar, and scarfed keldeo. Furthermore, this team shows the power of sub kyurem b, a pokemon thats only looked at most of the time for is 170 attack, as well as rock polish landorus, an underrated pokemon. While this team has some weaknesses to some common threats like landorus i, it has to be careful on where it comes in as landorus therian 2hkos it, cube, keldeo, and rachi OHKO it, and limits its chances or getting off a rock polish. Overall a well constructed team that can play around its holes, which are few, and very well presented

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Team:http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?601904-Memento-Mori-5th-Gen-OU

Justification:extroph has made a solid sand offensive team that breaks away for the standard core of landorus i, banded ttar, and scarfed keldeo. Furthermore, this team shows the power of sub kyurem b, a pokemon thats only looked at most of the time for is 170 attack, as well as rock polish landorus, an underrated pokemon. While this team has some weaknesses to some common threats like landorus i, it has to be careful on where it comes in as landorus therian 2hkos it, cube, keldeo, and rachi OHKO it, and limits its chances or getting off a rock polish. Overall a well constructed team that can play around its holes, which are few, and very well presented
I second this descision
It is a very well constructed team, with all of the nesscecary roles a team should have, and furthermore, it's the the prime example of what a good RMT should look like. Rock Polish Landorrus works extremely well, and Kyurem-B, usually quite an undderated threat, works very well. Good job Extroph!

I am nominating McDanger's Sand Moth. This RMT shows just how much knowledge of the metagame danger has. Ulitlizing DD Latios along with volcarona and offensive celebi within sand. creating a team full of suprises and having great synergy.

Well, this place hasn't been touched in a while.

Team: Imagine Dragons by The DragonKnight

Justification: I am Gibbs. I don't need to justify my actions. I was looking at old RMTs recently and was reminded of this one. It's a pretty solid team based on a fairly underused and underrated team strategy: Tailwind. The DragonKnight uses a very unorthodox yet effective lead Azelf, who is able to stop opposing hazard leads with Taunt (even the faster ones like Garchomp and Terrakion) and almost guarantee that Stealth Rock will be up on his side. He then utilizes a double edged core with Latios and Kyurem-B alongside Magnezone and Tornadus. Not only do Latios and Kyurem-B become far more dangerous once Magnezone has removed problematic Steel-types that can tank their Dragon STABs, but Tornadus's Tailwind sets them up for quick and effective sweeps. Scizor then serves as a glue to hold the team together and check a wide range of opposing threats. The team may have some issues defensively, but through the quick pace of the team, Stealth Rock, and the incredible utility of Tailwind, Imagine Dragons is able to overwhelm its opponents with raw offensive pressure and win games even against bad matchups. I also think that the detail that The DragonKnight puts into the teambuilding process and individual Pokemon analysis does a good job of explaining his thought processes behind the team and setting an example for newer players with regard to what is expected from a good RMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.