• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT - Battle Tower

Poiuytrewqlo

Mexican Battler :D
Right, so, I saw V4E's team, and realized how great that team worked. I decided to build a team somewhat similar to that, using the trick scarf method. Not a big intro because I typed this whole thing up, and I accidently clicked on a bookmark, lol.

Right, so far I just beat Palmer for the 49th streak, and shows no place of stopping.

latias.png

Latias@Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Ability Leviate
252HP/200DEF/58SPE
~Trick
~Thunder Wave
~Charm
~Recover

So how it works is, trick the scarf, use thunder wave to wield the foe's scarf useless, then charm the opponent away depending if its stuck on a physical attacking move or not. She could come in again and cripple the opponent and charm away, if they're causing any trouble. Recover so she could last long.

252 HP Evs for bulky, DEF evs so it could take hits from the physical side, while it's SP.DEF is already great. Speed so it could still outrun pokemon with its great 110 base speed. She works great, and is the most important member of my team.

registeel.png

Registeel@Leftovers
Careful
Ability Clear Body
252HP/140DEF/118ATK
~Curse
~Amnesia
~Iron Head
~Substitude

This.Guy.Is.A.Beast. So how he works is, first try to sub up, curse then amnesia. This guy comes in right after Latias, his subs are HARD to break. With +6 DEF and +6 SP DEF, combined with his already massive bulk. Curse not only adds to his bulk, but his already great attack. Amnesia tops it off by increases his already amazing SP.DEF. Substitude to prevent critical hits, and OHKO moves. Iron head here was the move of choice, because his STAB Body Slams are completely walled by ghosts. This guy is just a beast. Registeel replaced snorlax, his immunity to toxic, STAB Iron head, and all around better defenses put him here. He works better than Snorlax does.

HP Evs for bulk, DEF Evs so he could take hits from physical moves while he's cursing up. ATK for more power when he uses Iron Head.

Also, incase you're wondering, Immunity was picked over Thick Fat so moves like Toxic won't wear me down.

salamence.png

Salamence@Life Orb
Naughty Nature
Ability Intimidate
236HP/136ATK/138SPE
Dragon Dance
Subsitude
Roost
Dragon Claw

Beast #2. Set up a sub, then DD away. He only comes in first if the foe is locked into a fighting move like CC, or a move he resists. Great ability, sadly it doesn't really matter, because Latias has already cut the foe's attack down to -6. Really is stunning, DD is obvious, Substitude to prevent crits and OHKO moves. Roost for recovering because Sub+LO hurts. Dragon Claw, because I don't want to take the chances of Outrage stopping a 2 or 3 turns. The item is where I need most help on.

HP EVs more bulk, ATK evs so he reaches a 374 attack stat I believe, so he rips things apart without Dragon Dance, 138SPE evs were mostly filler.

So yeah, rate away. I currently just defeated Palmer as I said. I have a feeling this team will go very far. Help me improve this team!

I need most help on the EV Spreads, since i'm not good at making them at all. Thanks.

Credits to Arkeis for the images.

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
Right, so, I saw V4E's team, and realized how great that team worked. I decided to build a team somewhat similar to that, using the trick scarf method. Not a big intro because I typed this whole thing up, and I accidently clicked on a bookmark, lol.

Right, so far I just beat Palmer for the 49th streak, and shows no place of stopping.

latias.png

Latias @ Wise Glasses/Focus Sash/Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Ability Levitate
252HP/200DEF/58SPE
~Trick/Shadow Ball/Calm Mind
~Psychic/Thunder Wave
~Dragon Pulse/Charm
~Ice Beam/Recover/Psychic/Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam

I'd still say Latias needs to attack. Trick is your main move here, and switch items with the foe if you predict it's going to set up. Otherwise, use it for your own and attack with Psychic, Dragon Pulse or Ice Beam. If you don't want to Trick, IMO, go for a Wise Glasses or Specs Set. If this is your lead, then just run on Focus Sash with Calm Mind to give you a chance to boost at least once :)

snorlax.png

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
Ability Immunity
~Curse
~Crunch
~Return
~Substitute

You're missing out on the damn STAB of all things...and Ghost-types wall you, seriously...

Curse too boost your Physical side of the spectrum, while Crunch deals with Dark-types, plus Psychics. Return is your STAB, and really powerful when you boost it with Curse. Substitute, as you said, makes this a beast, so no change for that. Iron Head only kills Ice and Rock-types, losing on good sweeping potentials...:/

salamence.png

Salamence @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability Intimidate
- Dragon Claw/Dragon Rush/Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

IMO, you don't need another Pokemon that uses Substitute. Go for Earthquake so the only type that resists you doesn't wall you. Dragon Rush and Outrage are good options, especially Outrage. Oh well, whatever you like :)

Suggestions in bold :)

Poiuytrewqlo

Okay, thanks for the rate. I'll take it into consideration.

Reason of Snorlax moveset, is so he could set up +6 Amnesia and +6 DEF/ATK when Latias tricks the scarf onto the opponent. The opponent doesnt switch out, because the AI is screwed like that. So I could then set up easily with Salamence and Snorlax. And I chose Iron Head, as steel hits every pokemon.

Reason for subs, is so crits dont kill me, but the sub.

Um... Shiemi-Shaymin? Have you even seen the Team this was based on? Latias doesn't need Attacking moves at all. :|

Bardische

Elegance.
Um... Shiemi-Shaymin? Have you even seen the Team this was based on? Latias doesn't need Attacking moves at all. :|

No...D:

If there was, I'm sorry...I just suggested something a bit to my liking :(

Registeel > Snorlax. Seriously. Better defenses on both ends, it can learn the exact same moveset, and it has STAB Iron Head. Is also immune to Toxic without an ability. Less HP, I guess that's really the only downfall to it. =/

Poiuytrewqlo

Registeel > Snorlax. Seriously. Better defenses on both ends, it can learn the exact same moveset, and it has STAB Iron Head. Is also immune to Toxic without an ability. Less HP, I guess that's really the only downfall to it. =/

Dam, I never thought of Registeel xD

Thanks, i'll test a registeel and see if it works better. I'm sure it will though, thanks :)

No...D:

If there was, I'm sorry...I just suggested something a bit to my liking :(

The Lead to the Team is a full supporter. It does not require Offensive Moves, as its goal is simply to Trick, Paralyze, and cripple the opponent in any way it can, allowing the rest of the Team to set up and sweep. If they Taunt, then they're locked into it and despite you not being able to get your Sub up your Sweeper can still set up and Sweep.

So yeah. Set up moves aren't necessary.

Poiuytrewqlo

I've found registeel to be much better than snorlax, thanks otaku-dono.

Now im gonna go for the serebii record lol

Arsel

Just a quick note: How are you dealing with Shedinja and Evasion haxers?
Do you wait for them to Struggle or just attack until you get a hit (not on Shedinja, of course)?

Poiuytrewqlo

Just a quick note: How are you dealing with Shedinja and Evasion haxers?
Do you wait for them to Struggle or just attack until you get a hit (not on Shedinja, of course)?

With evasion haxers, I could take them with Latias and Registeel easily.

Registeel's subs are hard to break, even with a Super effective move at +6. So I just keep subbing up till they struggle. With Latias, I cripple them, then charm them, and stall away with recover. With evasion haxers, its a perfect time to set up with Registeel or Salamence.

Havent ran into a shedinja yet, but i'll probaly do the same.

Last edited:
Registeel's subs are hard to break, even with a Super effective move at +6.

I'm so tempted to sig this.

Havent ran into a shedinja yet, but i'll probaly do the same.

Well you will. Your strategy is more likely to work here as it basically resists everything Sheddy can throw at you.