• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT First competitive team for the OU tier, really need feedback :)

Cingen

Hey all, finally decided to make my first OU team but I am far from sure of how it will work.. My team will exist out of the following:

232.gif

Donphan @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sturdy
252 HP/ 252 ATTACK / 4 DEF
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Fire Fang
Earthquake

A possible contender for a lead.
Stealth Rock is an obvious choice for an entry hazard, not much explaining needed here.
Rapid Spin is very nice to get rid of the oposing team's entry hazards. The combination of these 2 moves on a single pokemon is the reason I went for Donphan.
Fire Fang is a move I included to have something to surprise the pokemon who may have a type advantage over Donphan.
Earthquake is the typical ground STAB move, not much explaining I can do here..

196.gif

Espeon @ Light Clay
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magic Bounce
252 HP / 252 SPEED / 4 SpAttack
Light Screen
Reflect
Calm Mind
Psychic

My Dual Screen bot. A second contender for lead.
The main reason I include this pokemon is obviousy the fact it has both Reflect and Light Screen
I added Calm Mind for the situation where Espeon might need some killing power and Psychic as a STAB move.

197.gif

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Nature: Brave
Ability: Synchronize
252 HP / 252 SpDefence / 4 ATTACK
Wish
Baton Pass
Heal Bell
Payback

My main support pokemon.
High HP EV to have maximum wish healing.
Baton Pass to pass on the wish heal to a pokemon in need
Heal Bell to clear status effects.
And last but not least, Payback which makes use of Umbreon's low speed to do massive damage. (I willingly lowered his speed for this sake)

094.gif

Gengar @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
252 SPEED / 252 SpAttack / 4 HP
Substitute
Pain Split
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

This will be my main special sweeper.
Shadow Ball will be used as it's main STAB move
Focus Blast is for those cases where I need to down a normal type pokemon.
Substitute and Pain Split are here in order to boost Gengar's survivability, these 2 moves can really turn the tables against certain pokemon. Especially Pain Split can be a HUGE help versus pokemon with massive health pools.

212.gif

Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
248 HP / 252 ATTACK / 8 SPEED
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

The use of this Scizor is simple: Kill stuff fast and get away before it kills you. My main physical sweeper.
U-Turn is the get out of jail free card for Scizor, it allows me to switch him out to a pokemon like Umbreon so I can wish heal Scizor, or it allows me to switch to Espeon incase I need to refret my screens.
Bullet Punch benefits from both the STAB bonus and Technician, causing it to do more than decent damage.
Superpower will be used to down other steel types which seem to be pretty comon these days.
Pursuit is in this moveset to be able to damage pokemon that are surely going to be switched out.

350.gif

Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Marvel Scale
252 HP / 240 DEF / 16 SpDefense
Rest
Sleep Talk
Scald
Dragon Tail

Milotic is the main (mixed with a slight emphasis on physical) wall of my team. It has decent special defense by default, and boosting the defense stat evens this out.
By using Rest the Marvel Scale ability further boosts my defense while I can still attack by using Sleep Talk, the free heal rest gives is ofcourse very nice aswell.
Scald is a skill I can use to further lower the damage of physical sweepers with the burn effect.
Dragon Tail is the skill I will use when I am in a type disadvantage to force my oponent to switch his pokemon out.

As far as leads go, I am in doubt if I should start up with my Donphan for Stealth Rock, or with my Espeon to set up the screens ASAP.

Any feedback to this team is greatly apreciated!

Last edited:

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Just a detail, but on Umbreon, Baton Pass isn't necessary to pass Wish, you can just switch, meaning Umbreon won't take another hit. I advice you to replace it with Protect, to safely get your own Wish, or Toxic for crippling walls.

Cingen

Just a detail, but on Umbreon, Baton Pass isn't necessary to pass Wish, you can just switch, meaning Umbreon won't take another hit. I advice you to replace it with Protect, to safely get your own Wish, or Toxic for crippling walls.

True, but how weird this may sound, I actually WANT umbreon to take the hit..

Umbreon can take the damage most of the time, while the pokemon I want to heal with wish may not be able to. And healing a pokemon with Wish just so he can get damaged again right after feels a bit useless :p

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
You can also run Baton Pass on Espeon as well, to prevent being Pursuit trapped. Stone-Edge/Ice Shard are better offensive options than Fire Fang. Other than that, this is pretty good looking team you have here :D

Cingen

You can also run Baton Pass on Espeon as well, to prevent being Pursuit trapped. Stone-Edge/Ice Shard are better offensive options than Fire Fang. Other than that, this is pretty good looking team you have here :D

I considered that for Espeon, so should I drop out the Calm Mind in favor of Baton Pass?

And I can see the apeal of Ice Shard now that you mention it, I think I'll go for that instead of Fire Fang, thanks alot!