• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT: First UU team ever

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
I spend most of my time playing OU, but I'm growing very tired of it, seeing the same pokemon on the same copy+paste team. So i decided to try out UU, for a chance of pace (and hopefully some clear skies)
Changes in BOLD

TEAM AT A GLANCE
237-1.png
492.png
494.png
468.png
350.png
330.png

hitmontop.jpg

Hitmontop[TopMan] @ Leftovers
Trait:Technician
EVs: 252 HP/ 220 Sp.Def/ 32 Atk
Careful Nature

Moves
Bulk Up
Mach Punch
Rapid Spin
Sucker Punch

TopMan, from Team Feathers is back. Same set, same basic idea. TopMan brings a lot to the table. If the opponent isn't careful, TopMan could become a serious threat with Bulk Up. Technician Mach Punch packs quite a punch after a few Bulk Ups, and is TopMan's best STAB attack for this set. Rapid Spin keeps my area clear of Stealth Rock, which Syrene and Victoria greatly appreciate. Sucker Punch is a nice little surprise for Ghosts and Psychics expecting TopMan to run away. TopMan also provides a Rock resistance for Victoria, and Syrene, as well a Dark resistance for Victoria (except if Victoria get Pursuited, then there's not much he can do)

shaymin2.png

Shaymin[Grace] @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature

Moves
Seed Flare
Earth Power
Hidden Power [Ice]
Synthesis

Shaymin, my special sweeper. Grass isn't one the best offensive type in the game, but it can work once you get rid of things that can hamper your fun. Seed Flare is the obvious STAB of choice, and its better than Leaf Storm cause I can spam it as much I like until I'm forced to switch out. Earth Power covers Steels and Fire-Types trying to wall Seed Flare. Hidden Power [Ice] takes out opposing Grass-Types as well as Flying-Types. Synthesis helps recover HP lost from Life Orb while Aromatherapy makes Grace work kinda like an offensive cleric. She can take Water moves aimed at and Victoria, as well as Electric and Grass moves aimed at Model L.

Victini_by_Watteri91.jpg

Victini[Victoria] @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Spd
Adamant Nature

Moves
V-Create
Fusion Bolt
U-Turn
Brick Break/Zen Headbutt​

I guess this is the standard Victini set. V-Create, is obviously better than Flare Blitz, no recoil, 180 BP, and the speed drop can be negated with the help of the Scarf. Fusion Bolt takes care of the plethora of Water-Types that flood the metagame, and its a good moves in general. U-turn scouts the opponents counters and strategy. Brick Break is more of a filler but can come in handy in case the opponent sets up screens. and Zen Headbutt is another STAB move, which can take out Fighting-Types. Victoria's Fire tying allows it to take Ice moves aimed at Syrene, Dexter, and Grace; Grass moves aimed at Model L; Fire moves aimed at Grace, and Psychic moves aimed at TopMan

gijinkaTogekiss.jpg

Togekiss[Syrene] @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature

Moves
Nasty Plot
Air Slash
Heal Bell
Roost​

Yup, this is the same set I use for Team Feathers. It works well in OU, most of the time, so I decided to use it in UU. Great bulk, usable Speed, instant recovery, Nasty Plot, and one of the best abilities in the game, Syrene was made to win, and win she does. With maxed HP and her great natural bulk, Syrene can survive virtually any unboosted attack, set up Nasty Plot, recover, and then sweep. Air Slash works well with Serene Grace, frequently causing the slower opponent flinch. Aura Sphere takes out Steel and Rock-Types down, who would otherwise laugh at Syrene's Air Slash. Heal Bell can cure her and her team from status ailments when Shaymin isn't running Aromatherapy. And finally, the icing on the cake, Roost. Recovers half of Syrene's health, and temporarily removes her Flying typing, removing several of her weaknesses. Syrene is capable of beating Chansey and Dusclops one-on-one with this set, which then allows Grace to sweep without fear of getting walled. Syrene also supports the team with a Grass resist for Model L, and Ground and Ghost immunity for Victoria.

Milotic.png

Milotic[Model L] @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP/ 82 Sp. Atk/ 176 Sp.Def
Calm Nature

Moves
Scald
Ice Beam
Dragon Tail
Recover​

Model L is one of favorite Gen 3 pokemon, the other being Salamence, so of course I will include her in my team. Her amazing bulk, coupled with her great typing, makes Model L one hell of a wall. Scald is an amazing move for any Water pokemon, acceptable BP and a 30% burn rate, there is no reason why they shouldn't run it. Ice Beam destroys Flygon and Grass pokemon. Dragon Tail is another amazing move, forces the opponent to switch while taking damage. And since nothing is immune to Dragon, its the perfect phazing move. Recover keeps Model L feeling refreshed and healthy, ready to take more abuse. Now, given Model L's bulk and typing, she can take any Ice attacks aimed at Syrene, Grace, and Dexter; Fire attacks aimed at Grace; and Water moves aimed at Victoria.

flygon.jpg

Flygon[Dexter] @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature

Moves
Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-turn

I was using a Specs Flygon, but I decided switch to a physical one when I noticed that, outside of Victoria, I lacked physical power. Outrage and Earthquake form Dexter's offensive core. Stone-Edge completely decimates Moltres and other Flying-types expecting an Earthquake. U-Turn, with the Scarf, allows Flygon to scout the opponent's counters and whatnot.. Dexter also provides a Rock resistance for Victoria and Syrene, as well as a Ground immunity for the former. A Fire-resistance for Grace, and an Electric immunity for Syrene and Model L.

Retired Members
232.png

Well there you have it. This is the first time I attempt to play UU so I'm not too familiar with its top threats, so I may need some help with making this team function as best as possible. You are welcome to post ideas for sets, or even replace any of the existing ones, except for Grace and Syrene. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Black-Wolf

Darker Than Black
You've got a large ice weakness..

Xenevix

Some Guy
You have more than the legal amount of EVs on Milotic, just sayin'.

Four of your guys are weak to ice. Milotic can resist ice and Victini can kill it but other than that you've got nothing. I'd say replace Shaymin with a better cleric like Chansey, and maybe replace Donphan for Hitmontop with Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
You have more than the legal amount of EVs on Milotic, just sayin'.

Four of your guys are weak to ice. Milotic can resist ice and Victini can kill it but other than that you've got nothing. I'd say replace Shaymin with a better cleric like Chansey, and maybe replace Donphan for Hitmontop with Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin.

lol oops. yeah i was thinking about using hitmontop, he works well in my other team. shaymin isnt really a cleric, i just run aromatherapy when togekiss is using aura sphere, my main cleric is togekiss.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
just edited the original post with some changes. please continue rating.
thanks in advance